Just a few Sexlab questions

I play a female with a schlong and I had a couple questions about how sexlab chooses it's positions.  As my pool of knowledge is so low that I don't know if it's working as intended or not. TRX Futa or something like that.

Does keeping my sexlab gender as "Not Set" mean all of the positions will be open to me?

Does Sexlab's Preference being set to "Both" actually do anything?

Is there a way that I could have both female and male positions open to me? Or would I be expected to just swap back to female whenever the desire arises via a hotkey?

With the female schlong in use Sexlab seems to struggle understanding who is the Victim character and seems to just stick actors randomly for me to manually sort. Is this just "How it is?" or is there a combinations of settings that would fix this even partially? 

With the Female Schlongs installed the game will often just give females a schlong instead of a strapon if I were to swap their position, is this intentional?

17 minutes ago, Chiyosuke said:

I play a female with a schlong and I had a couple questions about how sexlab chooses it's positions.  As my pool of knowledge is so low that I don't know if it's working as intended or not. TRX Futa or something like that.

Does keeping my sexlab gender as "Not Set" mean all of the positions will be open to me?

Does Sexlab's Preference being set to "Both" actually do anything?

Is there a way that I could have both female and male positions open to me? Or would I be expected to just swap back to female whenever the desire arises via a hotkey?

With the female schlong in use Sexlab seems to struggle understanding who is the Victim character and seems to just stick actors randomly for me to manually sort. Is this just "How it is?" or is there a combinations of settings that would fix this even partially? 

With the Female Schlongs installed the game will often just give females a schlong instead of a strapon if I were to swap their position, is this intentional?

I've answered this question before and you know what that means, I'm getting good at it.

The first, and most important thing to know about SexLab is that it's a Framework. Like other frameworks found on LL what it means is that it is primarily a modder's resource. It's a tool for a modder like me to use to add sex to the game.

That is critical to know and accept or the answer to your question won't make sense. That is, SexLab does not do anything to choose your position in sex. The mod that you use that actually calls SexLab does it.

To illustrate this point let me use my mod Some Consensual Sex. When I first made the mod it allowed the player to have sex with anyone with whom they had a positive relationshiprank (friend, ally, housecarl, etc.) by using dialogue. The first version ALWAYS PUT THE PLAYER in the so-called "male" position. After multiple requests I added a second file. This file ALWAYS PUT THE PLAYER in the so-called "female" position. Nothing anyone did with SexLab made any difference (except, see below). 

As a bit of an advert, let me add that you can use both files at the same time allowing you to choose your position simply by choosing the proper dialogue.

Finally, the one thing you CAN DO in SexLab is use the hotkey "+/=". Once an animation begins if you find yourself in the "wrong" position simply hit that hotkey and the positions will be reversed.

That's it. I hope that's not TMI.

Good luck! ?

2 minutes ago, Psalam said:

To illustrate this point let me use my mod Some Consensual Sex. When I first made the mod it allowed the player to have sex with anyone with whom they had a positive relationshiprank (friend, ally, housecarl, etc.) by using dialogue. The first version ALWAYS PUT THE PLAYER in the so-called "male" position. After multiple requests I added a second file. This file ALWAYS PUT THE PLAYER in the so-called "female" position. Nothing anyone did with SexLab made any difference (except, see below). 

Oh I see what you mean. So it's not sexlab doing it, it's Eager NPCs/Sexlab Aroused (I have both) controlling it.   I just have a bad habit of calling everything with "Sexlab" in the name "Sexlab" Sorry for the confusion.
Would you happen to know if Sexlab Eager NPCS not set option actually does anything?

10 minutes ago, Chiyosuke said:

Oh I see what you mean. So it's not sexlab doing it, it's Eager NPCs/Sexlab Aroused (I have both) controlling it.   I just have a bad habit of calling everything with "Sexlab" in the name "Sexlab" Sorry for the confusion.
Would you happen to know if Sexlab Eager NPCS not set option actually does anything?

I don't use that mod, so no. However, I would guess that it does not but I would recommend that you ask on that mod's Support Thread.