Upgrade from 1.6.353 to latest 1.6.640

I am thinking about an upgrade from 1.6.353 to latest 1.6.640. But before I do that I want to completely understand which mods have to be updated then. I am using Mod Organizer 2 and as far as I understand I can filter my mods down to the ones that require an update. But I am not sure which filter is the right one: Should I use the filter "Contains Script Extender Files" or "Contains Script Extender Plugins"? There are much more mods containing SKSE files than SKSE plugins, so I guess I have to filter for the plugins only. Can anyone please confirm.

Also, I would like to know if there are still any limitations in 1.6.640 now that DAR was updated. Looking at the compatibility tracking thread the only major limitation would be the lack of a good first person view mod (as Improved Camera is not yet available for 1.6.640). Are there any other limitations I should be aware of?

Most likely neither will work. The mods that are likely to break are the ones using static memory offsets or use some form of pattern matching to locate and patch memory locations. Which mods do this? Don't know. You'd have to inspect the source code of each mod containing a dll file to determine this. Mods using functions provided by SKSE will most likely not break, as long as there is an SKSE version available for the game version you're upgrading to.

In the end, you'll save a lot of time by just making a backup (something you should do regardless of how sure you are) and upgrading the game. If something irreplaceable breaks, just restore the backup and you'll be done with it in less than 30 minutes. Trying to predict the future, especially if your mod setup is decently large, would have you consider millions of variables and failure scenarios.

3 hours ago, max99max said:

"Contains Script Extender Plugins"

This one. That's the dll. Do that, check all the mod pages for the mods that show up and see if there's an available version for 1.6.640, 1.6+ or any other variation (lots of mods work on everything and they'll say that in the description instead of specific version numbers).

3 hours ago, max99max said:

Also, I would like to know if there are still any limitations in 1.6.640 now that DAR was updated. Looking at the compatibility tracking thread the only major limitation would be the lack of a good first person view mod (as Improved Camera is not yet available for 1.6.640). Are there any other limitations I should be aware of?

You mentioned the most notorious features. There have been some recent developments for Improved Camera, so hopefully we can see it released in the near future. As for other features that's really up to what you know and currently use. I see little value in mentioning things I use but you don't, but for reference out of the 130 skse plugins I use I'd have to drop 3-4 things if I update to 640 now.