Message Boxes Appearing During the Mirror Scene

Hi there,

Some mods that use message boxes for their setup will have these message boxes appear right at the beginning during the mirror scene, and unfortunately they cause the white screen to remain until all of the message boxes are closed (Though this is somewhat inconsistent, sometimes the game will fade in with one message box intact), additionally these message boxes will regrettably appear behind the white screen, making them impossible to navigate accurately as they're simply not visible.

In the end one has to resort to tapping enter as many times as necessary to allow the game to fade in, which means the first option of each message box will likely going to be the option selected.

Is there anything I can do on my end? Perhaps a way to remove the white fade-out and just have the mirror scene appear instantaneously instead?

Alternatively, it would be great if mod authors could collectively agree that setups shouldn't occur before exiting the vault instead, unless it's absolutely necessary for them to appear prior, in which case waiting for the player to create their character and back away from the mirror would suffice.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, SwissxPiplup said:

Hi there,

Some mods that use message boxes for their setup will have these message boxes appear right at the beginning during the mirror scene, and unfortunately they cause the white screen to remain until all of the message boxes are closed (Though this is somewhat inconsistent, sometimes the game will fade in with one message box intact), additionally these message boxes will regrettably appear behind the white screen, making them impossible to navigate accurately as they're simply not visible.

In the end one has to resort to tapping enter as many times as necessary to allow the game to fade in, which means the first option of each message box will likely going to be the option selected.

Is there anything I can do on my end? Perhaps a way to remove the white fade-out and just have the mirror scene appear instantaneously instead?

Alternatively, it would be great if mod authors could collectively agree that setups shouldn't occur before exiting the vault instead, unless it's absolutely necessary for them to appear prior, in which case waiting for the player to create their character and back away from the mirror would suffice.

Thank you!

Disable mods untill you leave vault