neptunia sisters vs sister nudes mods request

Hi, I am having trouble importing an edited .obj inside "chara_c0650_assets_all.bundle" to edit a mesh.
I already extracted the obj. with assetstudio and edited the mesh on blender but when i try to import it with UABE inside the bundle file, my game crashes.
I was able to mod textures without a problem and they even loaded ingame! 
Although when I added the 3d mesh that goes with it, it crashes the game, thats why I am seeking some help.
Programs and versions i used:
- AssetStudio.net5.v0.16.47 (models)
- Blender-2.91.0-windows64 (mesh editing)
- paint.net.5.0.6.(texture editing)
- UABEAvalonia (importing textures and meshes inside bundle files)

Thx as always.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:14 PM, Meekurukuru said:

Hi, I am having trouble importing an edited .obj inside "chara_c0650_assets_all.bundle" to edit a mesh.
I already extracted the obj. with assetstudio and edited the mesh on blender but when i try to import it with UABE inside the bundle file, my game crashes.
I was able to mod textures without a problem and they even loaded ingame! 
Although when I added the 3d mesh that goes with it, it crashes the game, thats why I am seeking some help.
Programs and versions i used:
- AssetStudio.net5.v0.16.47 (models)
- Blender-2.91.0-windows64 (mesh editing)
- paint.net.5.0.6.(texture editing)
- UABEAvalonia (importing textures and meshes inside bundle files)

Thx as always.

Here is the .obj file i am trying to import into the game but to no avail it crashes whenever i load it. I will be also sending the base model without any edits. (I will be uploading to mega because I don’t know how to send it as an attachment here on the site)

exampleblender.png

My 3d modeling skills need some work since this is the first time I ever open blender...

I also tried to remove the ribbon thing on the model but there is a void underneath that part of the model and even when I tried to fill said void in the model using the nodes + “f” to fill, it somehow ended worse. Any help would be appreciate.

Overall, there is some hope in modding the game due to the fact that someone already posted a fully edited 3d mesh working on the game, and here its. Its fully playable and loads in-game, now I only need to figure out what type of wizardry he/she employed to import that mesh into the game without crashing lol.

exampleworking.png

Files:

Nepgear Edited mesh: https://mega.nz/file/xScjUB5C#W14g555l2DmB-NxgW33mrucZdKNESvS0Ibcs_eakGAI 

Uni Edited mesh V1: https://mega.nz/file/4bd3EByI#kY1l_7kPJCCeTehWHp2zRc-ZLX0bCjjz9yk7sm_UBVY

Uni Base mesh: https://mega.nz/file/hPVj1biD#n90g9_J_6cnNqfkUhsuUlPIbybaAVLbiPVuhobkL1oY 

Thx as always.

The obj file does not contain vertex weights, so if you add or delete vertices, the number of vertices and the number of vertex weights somewhere may not match, which may cause the game to crash.

I think that it is more reliable to use the fbx file for mod creation.

Unfortunately, some models cannot be imported correctly with the fbx add-on that comes with blender.

4 hours ago, pop_pop_pop said:

The obj file does not contain vertex weights, so if you add or delete vertices, the number of vertices and the number of vertex weights somewhere may not match, which may cause the game to crash.

I think that it is more reliable to use the fbx file for mod creation.

Unfortunately, some models cannot be imported correctly with the fbx add-on that comes with blender.

Indeed, that might be one of the causes that crashes the game since I only added the .obj file edited from blender as is. That certainty helps narrowing down the cause of the problem.

Although, I was able to find a guide on how to properly mod the game with the help of @uniuniuni123

This guide explains in detail how to import the 3d assets into a unity game and even how to fill the gaps when removing certain parts of the model!

It should work since this game and Samurai Maiden are made with Unity, so I will give it a try.

Thx as always.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 9:52 PM, Meekurukuru said:

Indeed, that might be one of the causes that crashes the game since I only added the .obj file edited from blender as is. That certainty helps narrowing down the cause of the problem.

Although, I was able to find a guide on how to properly mod the game with the help of @uniuniuni123

This guide explains in detail how to import the 3d assets into a unity game and even how to fill the gaps when removing certain parts of the model!

It should work since this game and Samurai Maiden are made with Unity, so I will give it a try.

Thx as always.

Good evening, I was able to figure out the cause of the crash and it was due to the lack of importing the ".obj" from blender to unity, then I needed to export the ".obj"  from unity inside the ".bundle" file with UABE as the guide said. With all that done, I was able to import custom meshes inside and they load in-game!

Although now I am facing a problem with the textures of the story mode. ?

I am trying to edit the textures for the story mode but whenever I tried to re import the edited textures or even the same one, it just doesn't load. It only happens with the models of Nepgear, Rom & Ram. I was able to edit the texture without a problem of other characters. The textures are loaded using LIVE2D but you can just edit the PNG and it will load just fine for almost every character, except those previously mentioned.

Rom texture loads if not changed, but whenever I edit the texture or just import the same texture without edits, it just does not load.

image.png.a11dd016cbd7716b42534089b19c76f4.png

Uni's texture load just fine while edited, its only with those 3 characters that I have the problem.

image.png.87e78a4a0ab1fcbe4388d69fd60620fa.png

Here are the files I am trying to edit:

Rom.rar

And the programs used to import said edits:

uabea-windows.zip

To texture edit you can use this recommended program (paint.net) or Photoshop/gimp: 

paint.net.5.0.6.install.anycpu.web.zip

Steps to import them inside the .bundle file:

1. open UABE, then open the ".bundle" file and load it into memory

image.png.20c8e428d74b6639cbe8021e649d7ffc.png

2. Click on info, after that choose press "Ctrl + E" and only select "Texture2D" and you should only see the "texture_00".

image.png.7723e7298eb8e7c67a1faf0a9f8e9762.png   

image.png.0341cfbef2d4d9dcf283288fba808895.png 

So now select the "Texture_00" and click on plugins to edit the texture or export it and just load the same or edited texture inside when you are finished with the option of "Edit Texture" and "Load".

image.png.f36929120a393dfcdb3f4a9b2e77dc51.png

3. After that just save and close the file, do it again for the bundle and it should be done. You can use Assetstudio to see if it worked. 

image.png.f95d12297ed382e2b94a76b55a1c6d69.png

AssetStudio.net6.v0.16.47 (2).zip

So my questions is: does anyone know what is the problem with those 3 characters that are not able to be texture edited compared to the others?

Thx as always.

Edited by Meekurukuru
Edit: Added some links.

@Meekurukuru Is the entire character not loading in game or does the art not change at all after the edit? There is always a chance that you may be editing a duplicate asset that is unused and the asset that is used is in another file. I have not personally looked into the files of this game so I'm not sure if there are any duplicates, but I have observed duplicates before in other game builds.

1 hour ago, Blehbreh said:

@Meekurukuru Is the entire character not loading in game or does the art not change at all after the edit? There is always a chance that you may be editing a duplicate asset that is unused and the asset that is used is in another file. I have not personally looked into the files of this game so I'm not sure if there are any duplicates, but I have observed duplicates before in other game builds.

@Blehbreh They don't load in-game, they appear just invisible ?

image.png.ead599b2012b751d4e6e61f75f6c77e0.png 

image.png.a5361ee8cabfea922f31b41b15cfb7db.png 

Other models loads without a problem, it is those 3 that I am having an issue editing the texture and getting them in-game.

Inside the .bundle file are others files related to LIVE2D and they could have spares part of the models but they all use the same texture PNG ("Texture_00") that we can edit just by changing  the PNG itself, except for those 3.

I tried loading them in LIVE2D Cubism to see if they work, and those don't work to begin with, Uni's model does. (don't mind the texture work, it is just a quick edit to see if it works, and it works.)

Spoiler

image.png.3c22758ecb27643cb79dbd03b186cbd6.png

Maybe it is a problem with how I import the texture inside the .bundle file? I use UABE since this game is made with Unity but that doesn't looks like the case since it works with the others. 

Also I am open for suggestions regarding how to fix this problem, so if anyone knows how to fix the problem with those 3 characters, just send me a message. Thx 

Edited by Meekurukuru
Edit: added some pictures.

@Meekurukuru Have you tried importing the original textures into Live2D to see if they work by default? Could be that there is some type of in-game script that works alongside Live2D that has control over the texture data. I definitely hope that isn't the case, but the method you used to get the other textures loading in-game should certainly work for all the rest otherwise. Maybe double check your png exporting and asset importing work and see if something slipped by you? 

1 hour ago, Blehbreh said:

@Meekurukuru Have you tried importing the original textures into Live2D to see if they work by default? Could be that there is some type of in-game script that works alongside Live2D that has control over the texture data. I definitely hope that isn't the case, but the method you used to get the other textures loading in-game should certainly work for all the rest otherwise. Maybe double check your png exporting and asset importing work and see if something slipped by you? 

@BlehbrehIndeed I tried to import the same texture inside the .bundle file but the results were the same for those 3 characters, the others works just fine.

Although, I was able to find a webpage that had already exported the LIVE2D assets of the games and they seem to work properly, there Uni model is working just fine too and they have a better file structure compared to the one in the game but they also seem to be missing those 3 characters so my theory of them being special  might be true ?

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/neptuniasistersvssisters/ 

image.png.1cfb9f4bb3190af2be17aa3574376790.png

All of the textures from that page load fine in LIVE2D and I was able to change the textures in-game with those same files too

image.png.2e0801add3b9baa380b0debdd0493445.png

LIVE2D Cubism if you want to view the models, just download any model from that page and load the ".json" file to view:

CubismViewerForUnity-4-1.4.8.rar 

Example file from the sprite resource page, it even has the "texture_00" file that the game uses so you can just edit it on any editing software (Photoshop, paint.net, etc) and it will load on the Cubism viewer and in-game too if you import it inside the .bundle file with UABE unless it is one of those 3 characters for some reason.

PC Computer - Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters - Black Sister.zip  

I also did some testing with getting a LIVE2D model from other sources but if it is not from the game, the textures will not load correctly. 

Here is an example with a Nepgear model I got. The textures from the left are from the one I found somewhere and to the right the ones from ingame edited.

image.png.6dbe211aec8a932e9c27e8d8b9b972a1.png

I got the texture from here too:

https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobile/mainichicompileheart/ 

Also I am still open for suggestions regarding how to fix this problem, so if anyone knows how to fix the problem with those 3 characters, just send me a message. Thx 

I also tried Nepgear's texture replacement, but it was not possible to create a normal bundle file.

In UABEA nightly build 1 Feb 2023, the following error was displayed when I pressed the Save button after loading the texture.

uabea_error.png.30fd651ddfb42aa97fcda8af3962cb2b.png

No errors with Sixth release and nightly build 5 Jul 2023, but an invalid bundle file is created.

UABEA seems to have removed the error handling even though it sometimes doesn't work properly.

What is the reason for the three characters whose textures cannot be changed?

So far I don't know how to solve the problem. sorry.

1 hour ago, pop_pop_pop said:

I also tried Nepgear's texture replacement, but it was not possible to create a normal bundle file.

In UABEA nightly build 1 Feb 2023, the following error was displayed when I pressed the Save button after loading the texture.

uabea_error.png.30fd651ddfb42aa97fcda8af3962cb2b.png

No errors with Sixth release and nightly build 5 Jul 2023, but an invalid bundle file is created.

UABEA seems to have removed the error handling even though it sometimes doesn't work properly.

What is the reason for the three characters whose textures cannot be changed?

So far I don't know how to solve the problem. sorry.

@pop_pop_popYes UABEA skips the error when importing the image inside the bundle but whenever you try to export said new image, you get an error. That error is also viewable in asset-studio. Also, thanks for trying to import the image inside the ".bundle".

image.png.285d9ee2913d7de6fe877dbf3305846a.png

I don't know why those 3 characters have that error, but I did found out with UABE that "edit data" from the original Nepgear image and the new one is different.

image.png.e544a8557b5cf4f7e1c37e1f2d8afd0e.png 

So I did the same for the Uni image and the new edited one has a lot of lines that are not present in the original one. 2352444 lines of text of difference.?

I think that those lines were made due to the texture file being taken from the spriteresource page (https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/neptuniasistersvssisters/) and the image having data that is not present on those models. 

image.png.d443a7fc5ce2612d0a77c1d046a099ba.png 

So in theory, the new texture file that I used to edit from that page has all the locations of each image sector inside the data while the one found inside the ".bundle" of the game does NOT have it and that could be the cause of crashing.

This could be due to us exporting "Texture_00" as a PNG while also losing some data and when we try to import it again it just crashes even if it worked inside the ".bundle" before. 

Texture editing LIVE2D sure is a difficult sometimes.

So I am still open for suggestions regarding how to fix this problem, so if anyone knows how to fix this problem, just send me a message. Thx 

Edited by Meekurukuru
Edit: corrected the theory
On 7/6/2023 at 7:59 AM, shinjimikandi said:

Keep trying, Goodluck ^^

@shinjimikandi Don't worry I am still trying it to make it work somehow. ?

I was able to decipher which are the LIVE2D ".bundle" files that cannot edited and the ones that can be edited with some heavy testing.

All of these files can be found in this folder: 

\Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters\neptunia-sisters-vs-sisters_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64

All the files that can not be edited in LIVE2D (contains spoilers) (also has an example file):

Spoiler

event_chara_0201_assets_all.bundle = Noire
event_chara_0211_assets_all.bundle = Noire HDD (Black heart)
event_chara_0401_assets_all.bundle = Vert
event_chara_0411_assets_all.bundle = Vert HDD (Green heart)
event_chara_0501_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear 
event_chara_0511_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear HDD (Purple sister)
event_chara_0601_assets_all.bundle = Uni 
event_chara_0701_assets_all.bundle = Rom 
event_chara_0801_assets_all.bundle = Ram 
event_chara_0901_assets_all.bundle = Touhou 
event_chara_1001_assets_all.bundle = Higurashi 
event_chara_1111_assets_all.bundle = Grey Sister 
event_chara_1201_assets_all.bundle = Anri file
event_chara_1211_assets_all.bundle = F2P file
event_chara_1601_assets_all.bundle = Robot lady
event_chara_1711_assets_all.bundle = Arfoire

Example of the file not working: 

event_chara_0201_assets_all.bundleimage.png.a11dd016cbd7716b42534089b19c76f4.png

All the other files in event_chara that are not listed CAN be edited with current known methods.

Files that can be edited in LIVE2D  (contains spoilers) (also has an example file):

Spoiler

event_chara_0101_assets_all.bundle = Neptune
event_chara_0111_assets_all.bundle = Neptune in HDD (Purple heart)
event_chara_0301_assets_all.bundle = Blanc
event_chara_0311_assets_all.bundle = Blanc in HDD (White heart)
event_chara_0611_assets_all.bundle = Uni in HDD
event_chara_0711_assets_all.bundle = Rom in HDD
event_chara_0811_assets_all.bundle = Ram in HDD 
event_chara_1101_assets_all.bundle = Maho
event_chara_1301_assets_all.bundle = IF
event_chara_1401_assets_all.bundle = Compa
event_chara_1501_assets_all.bundle = Histoire 
event_chara_1701_assets_all.bundle = Normal Arfoire 

Example of one of the ones that have I already edited. Blanc in this case: 

event_chara_0301_assets_all.bundle

image.png.57e6245731e189f1ce3da97ab6be9668.png

All the other files in event_chara that are not listed  can NOT be edited with current known methods.

So I will continue to mod the ones I know they work and avoid those ones that do not work, but if anyone knows how to fix it,  just send me a message. Thx  

Edited by Meekurukuru
Edit: added photos and example files
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, shinjimikandi said:

Any update ^^?

There has been a lot of great progress with the mods of the game but I still can't fix the LIVE2D problem with some of the "texture_00" PNGs.

Here is some update screenshots of the current progress:

New enemies:

image.thumb.jpeg.81c7a89e255537ae90748a10205d01f0.jpeg

New titlescreen:

image.png.8b7dd6c7066aa3d464c19d333f1c4011.png 

New fully working LIVE2D characters, only some work as previously stated.

.image.png.ba17671ce00a928b873089407f675031.png

Some really good progress if I say so myself. Then again I am still stuck in editing those LIVE2D characters, if someone knows how to edit any of the following character "texture_00" PNGs without crashing, just send me a message, I would greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

Files that when edited give an error, even if it is the same image:

event_chara_0201_assets_all.bundle = Noire
event_chara_0211_assets_all.bundle = Noire HDD (Black heart)
event_chara_0401_assets_all.bundle = Vert
event_chara_0411_assets_all.bundle = Vert HDD (Green heart)
event_chara_0501_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear 
event_chara_0511_assets_all.bundle = Nepgear HDD (Purple sister)
event_chara_0601_assets_all.bundle = Uni 
event_chara_0701_assets_all.bundle = Rom 
event_chara_0801_assets_all.bundle = Ram 
event_chara_0901_assets_all.bundle = Touhou 
event_chara_1001_assets_all.bundle = Higurashi 
event_chara_1111_assets_all.bundle = Grey Sister 
event_chara_1201_assets_all.bundle = Anri file
event_chara_1211_assets_all.bundle = F2P file
event_chara_1601_assets_all.bundle = Robot lady
event_chara_1711_assets_all.bundle = Arfoire

Example of the file that when edited gives an error:  (Nepgear)

event_chara_0501_assets_all.bundle

PNG extracted ready to edit:

texture_00-CAB-928a7d9d76dd001937ced279e562c89d--2202813467388316581.thumb.png.53c9db9f3fdc3b0295836918011de323.png

Example of the file working: (Maho)

event_chara_1101_assets_all.bundle 

Tools to edit texture:

UABE (export and import png)

uabea-windows (1).zip

Thanks.

5 hours ago, shinjimikandi said:

Deffo working with Maho, No one helping you still?

People are helping me with this one but it is hard to fix, those PNGs might be hardcoded or something at this point. i might just have to not edit them, which is a shame since they are about half of the roster of characters of LIVE2D, but it is what it is. 

Maho is working great as well as the following characters:

Spoiler

event_chara_0101_assets_all.bundle" = Neptune LIVE2D
event_chara_0111_assets_all.bundle" = Neptune HDD LIVE2D
event_chara_0301_assets_all.bundle" = Blanc LIVE2D
event_chara_0311_assets_all.bundle" = Blanc HDD LIVE2D
event_chara_0611_assets_all.bundle" = Uni HDD LIVE2D
event_chara_0711_assets_all.bundle" = Rom HDD LIVE2D
event_chara_0811_assets_all.bundle" = Ram HDD LIVE2D
event_chara_1101_assets_all.bundle" = Maho LIVE2D
event_chara_1301_assets_all.bundle" = IF LIVE2D
event_chara_1401_assets_all.bundle" = Compa LIVE2D
event_chara_1501_assets_all.bundle" = Histoire LIVE2D
event_chara_1701_assets_all.bundle" = Arfoire LIVE2D

I tried to analyze the image metadata to see if that helps and they look similar enough. Although the new one (edited png) has SRGBRendering: Perceptual & Gamma: 2.2 while the other does not.

image.png.8171286ac86850317512f23289e940e6.png

Also if anyone knows how to edit those PNGs and get them inside the ":bundle" file without it looking invisible like this, just send me a message. Thanks.

Edited by Meekurukuru
Edit: added the list
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 2:13 PM, The Butler said:

Use BepinEx with texture replacer plugin for replacing/swapping textures.
It will be more straightforward and less of a headache.

It is working now with BepinEx without a problem, thanks!

image.png.769a0fa7c40c5381dd57789bc87caa28.png

Also  @pop_pop_pop was there any development on the bone mesh issue?

I am also having that problem trying to edit some meshes without bones, I even added some custom bones to it but since the game doesn't have that data to begin with, they just don't appear.

image.png.e64115f5a3536c78c1e2060a2457e9b1.png

Here is how it looks inside unity without bone data:

image.png.969aeba5cc0305114f5aec181ae57992.png

Here is how it looks inside of unity WITH custom bones:

image.png.2bdc3378be4a8cf2f00c2e112e2bc3be.png

It looks fine inside the .bundle file with Assetstudio, it appears in there, but in-game it is just invisible:

If anyone knows how to fix this mesh problem and make it appear in-game too (because it is already inside the .bundle file), that would really help, thanks.

The problem I ran into was the script aborting on an error, so I think it's different from yours.

I don't think you can add bones or change the position of existing bones with the same mesh change procedure as Samurai Maiden.

In this method, the bone indexes used in the edited mesh are changed to the original bone indexes,

and only the mesh changes are reflected in the bundle file.

I wonder if we can use the obj format to reflect the edited mesh into the bundle file.

1 hour ago, pop_pop_pop said:

The problem I ran into was the script aborting on an error, so I think it's different from yours.

I don't think you can add bones or change the position of existing bones with the same mesh change procedure as Samurai Maiden.

In this method, the bone indexes used in the edited mesh are changed to the original bone indexes,

and only the mesh changes are reflected in the bundle file.

I wonder if we can use the obj format to reflect the edited mesh into the bundle file.

@pop_pop_pop

Indeed, adding bones would be really difficult, I just want to change the mesh model from the one I have edited but since the original file doesn't have a mesh file with bones by itself, it is really difficult to import a new one. 

I also got the same error you got while trying that, I fixed it by adding armatures/bones to the model as someone suggested.

Same error:

Spoiler

Same error you got:

image.png.bd477ec73363ed60c1d72901a6921bb5.png

Now fixed with armature/bones but it stills doesn't load ingame, it just appears without errors in assetstudio:

Spoiler

Working accesory in bundle for example:

image.png.0658fdaa6e0d0af5dc8e95e59ac0d29b.png

Here is an accessory for example that loads in assetstudio if you want to view it, it just doesn't load in-game for some reason, might be the bones or the coordinates perhaps.

It replaces the first 2 hats you get at the start of the game:

attach_a0002_assets_all.bundle

And here is the blender file if it helps, it has the original accessory inside so it has a model to be joined and have a reference in unity to be imported into the .bundle file:

accessory test .blend

Spoiler

How it looks in blender: (it has a bone and the original accessory inside just so I can import it in Unity to get the mesh)

image.png.e5c0da35d2a20e6e7888c1134e151bc9.png

wonder if we can use the obj format to reflect the edited mesh into the bundle file.

Adding the mesh from the .obj is possible but making it appear in-game is difficult because it lacks the coordinates from the mesh, but I am not to sure about that.

If someone knows how to fix this mesh not appearing in-game, that would be great, thanks.

Edited by Meekurukuru
edit: images
19 hours ago, Meekurukuru said:

If someone knows how to fix this mesh not appearing in-game, that would be great, thanks.

You might already have done this but, did you check the mesh weights on blender ? 
If there is no weight on the mesh the game might fail to identify where it should be and even accompany the animation. 
Could also be related to the mesh name.

Just some guesses as I have very few experience with 3D modding.

44 minutes ago, The Butler said:

You might already have done this but, did you check the mesh weights on blender ? 
If there is no weight on the mesh the game might fail to identify where it should be and even accompany the animation. 
Could also be related to the mesh name.

Just some guesses as I have very few experience with 3D modding.

> If there is no weight on the mesh the game might fail to identify where it should be and even accompany the animation. 

Indeed, there is no weights nor armature so when I add bones that are not from the file it just doesn't appear in-game.

> You might already have done this but, did you check the mesh weights on blender ? 

I did check that but even with the weights, it is a bone issue more than the weights since the original files does not have any bones, it is a static mesh.

> Could also be related to the mesh name.

All the meshes have the same name and that is how they look fine in assetstudio but in-game are invisible 

It is a hard issue in unity but I did some research and it seems to be related to some meshes being static with no armature having trouble being imported with the "skinned mesh render" that the unity game uses, according to @ZenithMob

image.png.5b3385e49da4d9ecefa8e247a7ae84ee.png 

So I will just not mod the static meshes with custom meshes and just add textures over it instead, since they still look fine even if it is not possible to model the meshes.

Example of a custom enemy with static meshes, just with textures changed:

Spoiler

image.png.3ec57e1bf301fe2f9e134a93f0946148.png

In blender without the meshes edited, just the texture:

Spoiler

image.png.b90f0329e0362b824a716105d6e8d5ff.png

Thanks @The Butler for the ideas to help me fix it, I will keep working on it, and if someone has an idea on how to mod static meshes (meshes without bones), that would really help, thanks.

Edited by Meekurukuru
edit: images