attributes modded with player.modav are resetting after a few minutes

I started up my new save of Skyrim AE that I had finally gotten everything set up in mcm for and had done all my attribute and skill adjustments I was going to do. when I loaded in the first time I sprinted i noticed I had way less stamina than the amount I gave myself, which was like 2,100 i think. so upon checking my menu with my skills and stuff, my magicka was back to the base 100 it was at before I buffed it extremely high, my stamina was also back to 100, and my health since I had made my skills increased in certain ones to different levels, was back to 300. I've never seen this happen before in all the times of used the player.modav console command, and it's done it a few times in a row too. but my skills all stayed where I increased them to, and my carryweight which is also buffed with the same console command, is still buffed. so I'm not sure what's going on here. I attached my load order from MO2 in case it helps. any ideas anyone has would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

.loadorder.txt

10 hours ago, traison said:

I seem to recall that modav was temporary, as in, it resets when the game loads (ie. at cell changes). Use getav and setav instead.

this is happening even without changing locations though, the first time I noticed it I had changed from the skyrim unbound starting cell area to whiterun, but I didn't notice it until later when I loaded my save to actually start playing. every time after that I hadn't entered or left any areas, and it was still resetting within a few minutes of modav-ing them every time. the other thing about this that confuses me is I've used this command for many playthroughs and I've never had it reset on me, even on a game load. so I don't know why all of a sudden on this playthrough it's doing it.

Edited by deathtome1998

In that case you have a script that's resetting it. Most likely some punishment mod or the like. If you have script sources, you can search through all *.psc files for SetActorValue, GetActorValue, ForceActorValue and ModActorValue or their aliases setav, getav, forceav and modav.

24 minutes ago, traison said:

In that case you have a script that's resetting it. Most likely some punishment mod or the like. If you have script sources, you can search through all *.psc files for SetActorValue, GetActorValue, ForceActorValue and ModActorValue or their aliases setav, getav, forceav and modav.

what is script sources? also since it didn't do it with my previous mod list for skyrim AE 1.6.353, but it is doing it with the few mods I've added and the updates I've done, which I don't think any of my updates would have done it, is it a good guess that it's one of the new mods that is my issue? because if that is the case my guess would be dark desires club is what is causing the issue.

6 hours ago, traison said:

Start disabling mods, starting with the new ones. Start a new game for each test to make sure no scripts remain baked into the save game.

so I looked at all the mods with psc files that looked like they could be the issue, by opening what looked like the psc files that might have the phrases you mentioned earlier, but notepad++ couldn't find them. so I tried disabling my new mods that do have scripts that were not just updates, which was just dark desires club, and it is still happening on a fresh game.