SLAS - SexLab Anim Searcher

10 hours ago, snottily said:

better blowjobs overwrites sslBaseExpression.psc, so it's incompatible i guess?

That mod was included inside SexLab 1.63 Beta 9 long time ago and, of course, is included into SexLab 1.63 that is the file that you can download today.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/143440-sexlab-better-blowjobs/?do=findComment&comment=3464965

Then, forget better blowjobs and use the parameter Oral Mouth Opening in the Expression Editor of the SexLab 1.63 MCM:

Spoiler

1364708065_SkyrimSE2023-01-1811-19-51-51.png.0ef1e2569b513b30eb524b236a532862.png

You can see a similar comment written by me in my patch for HDT Ahegao Tongues because i use the same parameter in that patch.

Edited by alex77r4
3 hours ago, alex77r4 said:

That mod was included inside SexLab 1.63 Beta 9 long time ago and, of course, is included into SexLab 1.63 that is the file that you can download today.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/143440-sexlab-better-blowjobs/?do=findComment&comment=3464965

Then, forget better blowjobs and use the parameter Oral Mouth Opening in the Expression Editor of the SexLab 1.63 MCM:

Reveal hidden contents

1364708065_SkyrimSE2023-01-1811-19-51-51.png.0ef1e2569b513b30eb524b236a532862.png

You can see a similar comment written by me in my patch for HDT Ahegao Tongues because i use the same parameter in that patch.

ah, thank you very much for the info!
does your ahegao patch also fix the tongue placement issues? i could not get that to work properly with the original or the replacement tongues.

1 hour ago, snottily said:

does your ahegao patch also fix the tongue placement issues? i could not get that to work properly with the original or the replacement tongues.

NO. If the tongues not have the correct position is because, probably,  you not have the correct configuration in the SexLab MCM.

In the second page of the SexLab MCM you MUST disable "Disabling Scaling/CTD" and enable the previous parameter "Level Actors Height" because the tongues has been designed to be used in actors with the same heigth.

A lot of years ago SexLab was causing CTD when scaling the actors. That problems was solved in 2015 but the default configuration of the MCM was not changed.

You must change that parameters in the SexLab MCM, in a manual way, every time you start a New Game.

If you already have that parameters, Disabling Scaling=Disabled and Level Actors Height=Enabled, and the tongues not have the correct position is because, probably, you are ussing specialiced races not suported or modified heads that are not suported. Revise your mod list and remove that mods.

Edited by alex77r4
13 hours ago, chowsingsing3008 said:

That mod has nothing to do with SexLab. That mod solves a DAR-exclusive problem that happens because the DAR animations are not included inside the behavior files.

Spoiler

The issue isn't normally visible in the vanilla game as there aren't thousands of animations suddenly getting queued up all at the same time. The animations properly included within the behavior files seem to load in an entirely different way. This slow loading issue only starts to show up when you have a lot of animations added by plugins like Dynamic Animation Replacer or my upcoming Open Animation Replacer.

On 2023/1/18 at PM5点55分, alex77r4 said:

因此,一切都已正确安装。SLAS 只是加快了演员开始移动和脱衣服 之前完成的搜索和过滤。

当 SLAS 完成工作时,SexLab 还需要 2、3 或 4 秒,有时甚至更多,来做许多其他事情。那是你的 5 秒。

这是正常的。SexLab 一直很慢。我正在开发另一个补丁来缩短时间,它可能会在一两周内准备就绪。

I see. I'm looking forward to your new work, because my speed before taking off my clothes is less than a second even if slas is not used so far. The slow is always after taking off clothes. Anyway, thank you for your answer.

Can't wait  for this to become compatible with OsmelMC Mod Tweaks... That's the only reason why I have not adopt SLAS yet.

Not to mention, that the ultra-slow "filtering" is the reason why I have been prefering Sexlab less and less for the last few months...

11 hours ago, fjob276 said:

Just a little suggestion for anyone having slow papyrus script issues : try papyrus tweaks NG on nexus. Makes scripts much faster, especially with the experimental options. 

Papyrus Tweaks NG is not a magical tool that execute all the scripts at ligtining speed. Is a tool to optimize the Script Engine but only optimize some operations.

The Experimental feature Speed up native calls (Formerly "Run Scripts On Main Thread") add more optimizations and clearly speed up some scripts, but not all.

As an exact example, Papyrus Tweaks NG, with Speed up native calls (Formerly "Run Scripts On Main Thread") ENABLED, not optimize the SexLab search and filtering.

Speed up others operations, like MCM and we gain a bit of speed when starting the animations. But the time saved is only about 1 second.

Use a mod with a experimental feature that is causing problems in others mods only to save 1 second when we start the animations is excesive risk, IMO, of course.

Edited by alex77r4
6 hours ago, S-DON said:

I see. I'm looking forward to your new work, because my speed before taking off my clothes is less than a second even if slas is not used so far. The slow is always after taking off clothes. Anyway, thank you for your answer.

Seems that you only have the 110 basic animations included with SexLab because the search time increase in 1 second for each 100 animations.

With 110 animations the search only need 1 second. But with 200 need 2 seconds, with 500 about 5 seconds, with 900 about 10 seconds...

The other option is that you are ussing a mod that always make restrictive searchs that was served by the cache in a instant way.

I not know a tool that can acelerate the search of the aminations, exacept SLAS, of course, becuse Papyrus Tweaks NG, with Speed up native calls (Formerly "Run Scripts On Main Thread") ENABLED, not optimize the SexLab search and filtering and we continue wasting about 5 or 10 seconds on each search that isn't in the cache.

6 hours ago, rmaku said:

Can't wait  for this to become compatible with OsmelMC Mod Tweaks... That's the only reason why I have not adopt SLAS yet.

Not to mention, that the ultra-slow "filtering" is the reason why I have been prefering Sexlab less and less for the last few months...

Wait a few days, maybe a week... We are working and everything will be ready... But we need some time...

My second patch is practically ready and reduce the time to start the animation to 1.5 seconds, sometimes 2.

I've already sent it out to my beta testers, but more beta testers are always welcome because we're having some weird physics issues.

Edited by alex77r4
3 hours ago, lightspeed77 said:

Between this mods speed at filtering animations, and P+ with its near instant animation start time, there’s a lot of potential for the future, pending wether the two mods are remotely compatible with their approaches 

Everything is supported because we did it to improve the user experience. Each developer uses their own method and their own system and at first that creates incompatibilities, but in the end everything mixes and comes together in a final mod with all the improvements. Of course, that takes time, the integrations are not done automatically.

When that will happen or in which exact final mod we will be able to have all the improvements is just a matter of time and work.

Keep in mind that the most important point is the IDEA and then how to implement that idea. SLAS is fantastic, but I don't want it just for me. I have already handed over my system to Osmen and Ashal and any developer can have my idea and use it to improve their mod. It's pure code that everyone can copy and use in the same way that other developers use other ideas with other code in other mods. In the Skyrim community almost everything is public.

14 hours ago, alex77r4 said:

Seems that you only have the 110 basic animations included with SexLab because the search time increase in 1 second for each 100 animations.

With 110 animations the search only need 1 second. But with 200 need 2 seconds, with 500 about 5 seconds, with 900 about 10 seconds...

The other option is that you are ussing a mod that always make restrictive searchs that was served by the cache in a instant way.

I not know a tool that can acelerate the search of the aminations, exacept SLAS, of course, becuse Papyrus Tweaks NG, with Speed up native calls (Formerly "Run Scripts On Main Thread") ENABLED, not optimize the SexLab search and filtering and we continue wasting about 5 or 10 seconds on each search that isn't in the cache.

Then maybe it's the second kind, because I do have 800+sexlab animation. Anyway, look forward to your new work.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:38 PM, alex77r4 said:

Same, SexLab not find a nearby bed and my only explanation is that you are ussing a mod that change the beds or you have others mod replacing SexLab files.

The Locate Center is made in the StartThread of sslThreadModel and, of course, i change that file and that function but i not chage that section of code:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.611bca0e4209f9880a2caf2c0d30901b.png

I only add some log lines in 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 because you are having problems when locate the beds but the base code is exactly the same.

In your log we can see lines saying SLAS StartThread first CenterRef:None and that mean the very first search fail.

That only can happend when other mod replace SexLab files or when other mod change the type of the beds to something not recognized by SexLab.

Additionally, you have Aniversary 1.6.xxx because your log say: SEXLAB - loaded: Version 0 / 16403

And you must have the same problem when ussing ORIGINAL SexLab 1.64c because the code is exactly the same.

Then, disable SLAS in your mod manager, start your game ussing ORIGINAL SexLab 1.64c and repeat the same tests.

And, please, make extensive test because seems that, as you say, sometimes works while others times not works.

That make me think that other mod is change some bed types causing the intermitent problem.

If your ORIGINAL SexLab 1.64c always found the beds, please, upload the log generated by ORIGINAL SexLab 1.64c

Maybe i have some bad interaction in my script when mix it whit ORIGINAL SexLab 1.64c

But if your ORIGINAL SexLab 1.64c found the beds sometimes your only solution is remove mods until you find the mod that change the beds.

With original sexlab it asks if i want to use beds, here's my log with it

Papyrus.0.log

48 minutes ago, asdurgico said:

With original sexlab it asks if i want to use beds, here's my log with it

Papyrus.0.log 711.91 kB · 0 downloads

Seems that your are ussing the same bed 4 consecutive times, probably in the same room:

[01/21/2023 - 12:22:33AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - CenterRef == BedRef: [ObjectReference < (000616D1)>]
[01/21/2023 - 12:24:56AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - CenterRef == BedRef: [ObjectReference < (000616D1)>]
[01/21/2023 - 12:27:43AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - CenterRef == BedRef: [ObjectReference < (000616D1)>]
[01/21/2023 - 12:29:35AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - CenterRef == BedRef: [ObjectReference < (000616D1)>]

If one specific bed, whit ObjectReference < (000616D1)>, is valid one time go to be valid 4, 8,  16 consecutive times with SLAS and with Original SexLab 1.64c

You must make more test with different beds in different locations.

Edited by alex77r4

Hello author, first of all thank you for your amazing work. It works great, but is SLAS suitable for creature animation? In the game, 300+ animations are recognized from SLAS messages. But in fact, in SLAL I registered 800+ animations. While a creature's action occurs, no action is performed.

Edited by GJ-BIU-BIU
1 hour ago, GJ-BIU-BIU said:

is SLAS suitable for creature animation

SLAS can manage creature animations but is disabled because, normally, the search for creature animations is enougth fast.

if you only have 300 animations in SLAS when register 800 you must have 500 in creatures. That is not a problem. I have near 700 for creatures.

1 hour ago, GJ-BIU-BIU said:

While a creature's action occurs, no action is performed.

I not sure about if understand that phrase correctly.

If you refer to "no action is performed (in SLAS)" is normal because SLAS ignore the creature animations and call the old system.

If you refer to "no action is performed (and the creatures not animate)" then you must have something miss configured.

Verify how many animations you have registered in the last page of SexLab MCM and Verify that you have creature animations enabled in the second page.

On 1/19/2023 at 6:51 PM, alex77r4 said:

Papyrus Tweaks NG is not a magical tool that execute all the scripts at ligtining speed. Is a tool to optimize the Script Engine but only optimize some operations.

The Experimental feature Speed up native calls (Formerly "Run Scripts On Main Thread") add more optimizations and clearly speed up some scripts, but not all.

As an exact example, Papyrus Tweaks NG, with Speed up native calls (Formerly "Run Scripts On Main Thread") ENABLED, not optimize the SexLab search and filtering.

Speed up others operations, like MCM and we gain a bit of speed when starting the animations. But the time saved is only about 1 second.

Use a mod with a experimental feature that is causing problems in others mods only to save 1 second when we start the animations is excesive risk, IMO, of course.

I guess it depends on your rig. In my experience, it really makes a difference for everything scripted. Filtering animations by tags in sexlab's "toggle animations" MCM menu for example. It's waaay faster with tweaks, for some reason. I know it's not a miracle solution but all I say is that it's worth trying at least. And this mod + tweaks must be even faster.

It's too early for me to say if this is working or not, so far it seems to. My issue was with SexLab which i again don't know what caused it; there was almost no animations toggled on even though there was more than 300 registered SLAL animations for player and another 300 for creatures, max being 1000 for both. So i was looking in console when it says 0 default animations found, or something like that, and was actively google searching for clues on 'Sexlab animation failed to start [-1]'.

Anyways i have no idea why animations are not enabled automatically (Sexlab 1.6.3 for SSE 1.5.97), but to do that:

- Open Sexlab MCM and Toggle Animations tab.

- While View is still as "Toggle animations" and Filter by tag is the default "---", you can go through the pages in top right and toggle each and every animation On.

Almost everything in there was disabled for me, and this was with new game. Saved and loaded several times etc...

Edited by Zaflis

Ok this mod is definitely related to the above issue. I started a new game without this mod and have been playing for a while, animations working fine. But then i added SLAS and what i see next is no SL animations start playing when started by other mods. In SL MCM i see this again, it instantly turned everything off (this is the page where normally every animation must be enabled for them to work):

image.png.f7936172c80376b359b1c9690a8c83f2.png

To be specific i'm using DD mods, so it's that animation filter accessing SL API.

Edited by Zaflis

Also here with a potential bug report.

I've noticed that every time a MxM sexlab scene is supposed to play, it always plays the same couple of animations everytime. The foreplay animation is always the same, and the actual scene is usually just one of 2 choices even if I have hundreds of them available to be chosen from.

Also it seems to not work with animation filters used by other mods. For example using Yamate Redux, whenever it's a female assaulting a male it always plays an anal animation even if it's not a valid choice for what Yamate is suppose to filter out.

This is from a save game that started with the Anim Searcher enabled from the beginning and mid game. Reverting back to the original Sexlab scripts solves the random animation bug but reintroduces the longer start up time.

Scratch that. Seems to be a problem with Yamate in general. The above is still true though

Edited by Mushano
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...