Install order help from Vanilla! Installing CBBE, TPPB, XPMS, CHSBHC & Sexlab with Mod Organizer?

Oxomoco

Hi guys, firstly, big thanks for the great helpful community and talented modders.

So i know i just made another topic about this kind of thing, but you can forget that as i've since wiped my data and decided to re install for a fresh start.

Basically, i'm going to install SKSE, Mod Organizer, FNIS and SkyUI but nothing else until i've got the above mods working stable. I've tried many times before but i always have at least one kind of problem, like CTD when nude, or everything works apart from the bouncing butts. I know there are quite a lot of posts about this here, but i can't find anything definitive for these mods, and i definitely can't find anything about Mod Organizer... so my first question is whether it's even viable to install mods like TPPB and CHSBHC via the Mod Organizer, or do i have to install some mods the old fashioned way directly into the Data folder? If so, which ones?

Before i start tweaking the gameplay and general textures, i wanted to get the body physics (boobs and butt), body meshes and textures, as well as Sex Lab working decently as the other mods seem to be a bit more straight forward.

So, can anyone here help me with the basic install order with Mod Organizer for these mods;

• CBBE with custom bodyslide++ 
  • Better skin textures
  • Schlongs of Skyrim
  • CHSBHC Physics mod (with required realistic force and physics mod)
  • TPPB Dragonfly butt bounce physics
  • XPMS Skeleton
  • Sexlab Framework (and maybe Romance and Lovers Comfort)

That's basically it, but trying so far is doing my head in as it always seems to create some kind of problem.

So assuming i have the Mod Organizer set up correctly, BOSS, SkyUI, SKSE and FNIS installed properly, can anyone give me a brief step by step guide in making sure these mods work correctly? I'd be over the moon!

Thanks very much!!

Sorry to double post but i thought i should add how i've been doing it so far, perhaps someone can spot the mistakes i'm making as currently, after trying to make a custom body through bodyslide, i just get CTD upon loading my last save...

1. Install Mod Organizer, SKSE and BOSS.

2. Install FNIS & add on spells. Activate .esp and generate FNIS as admin. 

3. Through Mod Organizer, install SkyUI, Realistic Ragdolls and a few other basic mods like skip opening sequence.

4. Install CHSBHC (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4888/?) through Mod Organizer.

5. Install CBBE (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2666/?) through Mod Organizer, and select custom body in fomod. Install bodyslide.

6. Install Bodyslide ++ NOT through Mod Organizer. Open up Body slide ++ application (or should that be the original Bodyslide app?). Select group filter > CB++. Select Sliderset CB++ Body TBBP. Make custom body and click *build*.

7. Run FNIS as admin.

8. Install skin mod through Mod Organizer.

9. Install TBBP Dragonfly animation through Mod Organizer.

10. Install XP32 (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800/?) through Mod Organizer.

11. run FNIS as admin again, complete?

However, when i do this, it breaks the game in some form. I don't know whether it's because of my order process, or whether it's because Mod Organizer isn't capable of correctly installing certain mods, like CHSBHC and then CBBE body, causing some clashing.

It could even be to do with the mods themselves, i've noticed that CHSBHC has a variation called V3-T (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31349/?) which is supposedly for TBBP. And XP32 skeleton has a fix on this site called XPMS for TBBP... should i be using these instead of the original Nexus files?

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated! I know this shouldn't be as hard as i'm somehow making it to be...

From the list of things you intend to use, these are the ones you should install manually (install the others you listed with MO, and just ignore SkyUI's warning):

• SKSE: some of its files are not in Skyrim's data folder, which means installing it with MO would lead to an incomplete install
  • FNIS Behavior (see below why): in a subfolder inside the data folder (so MO can access its binary and FNIS launched through MO can access MO's virtual data folder)
  • Bodyslide++ (see below why): in a subfolder inside the data folder (so MO can access its binary and Bodyslide launched through MO can access MO's virtual data folder)

FNIS needs to be run from within MO, or it won't be able to access the files it needs to read: run from outside MO, it accesses Skyrim's actual data folder, not MO's virtual one. So install FNIS manually in Skyrim's Data folder and set it up as an MO executable clicking on the 4th icon from the left (the cogs) in MO's menu bar, entering the complete path to \GenerateFNISforUsers.exe in the "Binary" field and the complete path to the \GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder in the "Start in" field. (You can also navigate to GenerateFNISforUsers.exe in MO's "Data" tab on the right-hand side of the main window, right-click > Add as executable, I just don't like it to be launched through a command window). Now FNIS generates files correctly and MO places them in its "overwrite" folder, ready for use. you can leave them there as you'd want them to win any conflict anyway, but as I like the overwrite folder to be clean I move them to a subfolder in MO's "mods" folder.

Do the same for Bodyslide++. Add it as an executable either manually or navigating to its binary + right-click. The meshes will be placed in the "overwrite" folder when you run it through MO.

Now for the installation order: install in any order (gotta love MO for that), and then rearrange the order in the "installed mods" panel until you're satisfied with it.

Double-click on a mod in the panel and click on the "Conflicts" tab. In the top-half of that window, you'll see the conflicts this mod's files win, in the bottom-half, those they lose. It's all a matter of knowing which files of a mod you want to win conflicts. For instance, you'd want an SoS-compatible XPMS skeleton to win over the base SoS skeleton, so you'd just drag the former below the latter. Or you'd want CBBE meshes to win mesh conflicts, so you'd give them a high enough priority to win mesh conflicts. And so on.

CHSBHC: I always let conflicting animations and meshes I'm more interested in win over it without having any problem.

Skeletons: always let the most compatible one win.

Hope that wall of text will prove of some use.

CHSBHC: I always let conflicting animations and meshes I'm more interested in win over it without having any problem.

Skeletons: always let the most compatible one win.

Hope that wall of text will prove of some use.

Hey, thanks for the reply! What you said was very useful, especially about adding FNIS as an executable. I was surely doing this wrong before. I think i'm closer to getting it all working but i've still got a few problems.

1) I've installed Bodyslide and Bodyslide++ to Steam>steamapps>common>Skyrim>data>CalienteTools>bodyslide. But when i open it, either normally or as an executable through MO, i get an error message saying 'Couldn't find a Skyrim install.' So i don't think the custom meshes made through Bodyslide and MO will go to the correct install location. Instead it creates the meshes in a folder called meshes within the bodyslide folder, but i'm not sure where to move them to. So i think making bodyslide recognise the correct Skyrim location could solve this. I gather you can edit the config to change the data registry.

It currently reads <GameDataPath>C:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\</GameDataPath> and mesh output path as <MeshOutputPath>C:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\</MeshOutputPath> but i'm not sure what to change them to?

2) Well thanks to what you wrote about priority ordering and FNIS install, i've managed to get much further than before. I currently have a stable game with XPMS, CBBE body and the TBBP main file installed through MO. Basically, i can tell the TBBP animations are working, as the run and idle animation are different, and there is a noticable sway to breasts, however i can't for the life of me manage to get the actual bouncing butt animation psychics to work. I've tried all the different priority orders, and i've pretty much got the only combination that doesn't cause CTDs or animation issues. Minimum priority first -- Ragdoll force>XPMS>CBBE body>body textures>TPPB main file>TPPB still idle animation. Despite this there's no sign of the butt physics, only boobs...

So if you could help me do that, i'd be forever grateful! I have a feeling it could be to do with the CBBE body mesh, but i can't build new custom meshes with the TPPB options because it doesn't work through MO properly. Help!

So close but yet so far! Essentially, fixing the bouncing butt animation and the bodyslide registry problem and i'll be sorted i think!

I'll try to help. First of all, butt bounce is not working well. It only exists on the TBBP version from the Nexus, and you need an unrealisticly gigantic behind to notice it, and even then it might not work with CBBE. Also it's missing some of TBBP's files. The full version of TBBP is here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15221-rel-new-updates-nov-28th-tender-bbp-a-new-bbp-simulation/page-9?do=findComment&comment=388360

As for installation ( recommend installing all of this manually):

1. Do not install CHSBHC, it's not required even though you will read in some places that it is. All of it's files will be replaced by other installations anyway.
  2. Do not install Reallistic Ragdoll Force, again, unlike what's written elsewhere, it's not a requirement.
  3. Install SKSE.
  4. Install CBBE and make sure you end up with Bodyslide.exe in the folder Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\
  5. Install Bodyslide++ and make sure you end up with Bodyslide++ in the folder Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\. If you don't have both Bodyslide and Bodyslide++ in the folder, you missed a step.
  6. Install TBBP.
  7. Install this skeleton variation of XPMS: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20027-xpms-modified-for-tbbp-fixes-breasts-too-high-crushed-butt/
  8. Run Bodyslide++ (as administrator). Make sure that you chose CB++ Body TBBP for your Sliderset, the preset and actual sliders are up to you. Then press build.
  9. Install FNIS and check it ended up in Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\, and run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe (in administrator mode). Unmark all of the selection boxes besides Skeleton Arm Fix.
  10. Run the game through SKSE. If you dislike either of TBBP's idle, walk or run animations, there are variations you can choose from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15221-rel-new-updates-nov-28th-tender-bbp-a-new-bbp-simulation/page-1 I recommend Optional Run 2.

Wow, thank you very much! Thanks to your help, the butts are indeed bouncing! I think it was removing CHSBHC and installing the full version of TBBP that did it. Anyway, It's glorious so i can't thank you enough for helping me with that.

However, i've got some other issues now... perhaps you could shed some light on them? If not, no worries i'll start a new topic or see if i can find a fix somewhere...

My first problem is related to TBBP. Although the animations all work perfectly now, i've noticed that i get this very creepy, crushed/inverted breast effect when my character or other female characters are killed. I've seen it mentioned around here before but i can't seem to find out whether it was ever fixed or not... or perhaps if it's something to do with my load order or something.

My second problem involved Mod Organiser and Bodyslider. I don't know how familiar you are with Mod Organizer, but i have a feeling i'm doing something wrong. I've set up an executable within MO that accesses the Bodyslide++.exe (installed in Skyrim>data>calientetools, along with Bodyslide.exe) but whenever i open it, through MO or opening it directly as admin, i get an error message reading 'a skyrim install could not be found' and it means that when i build my desired body, it outputs the meshes to a folder within Calientetools, which i then manually placed in the Overwrite folder in the MO directory (is that even right?) before running FNIS. I think this worked, but there must be a quicker way to do it by solving the error message on opening Bodyslide++.

Thirdly, i just have a few queries about making armours and clothing fit custom CBBE body shapes. Assuming i just made a body with CB++ as the filter group and CB++ Body TBBP as the sliderset, and i just saved it as 'megabutt' in the Slider presets folder. Do i simply change the sliderset to say, CB++ KeosArmour Steel, for example. Leaving the others the same, and then 'building' this mesh. Do i have to do this for all the individual armours i have listed...?  I feel like i'm missing something here...

Finally, somewhat unrelated, but now the bodies are generally working i installed some mods to make everything look nicer. I installed Climates of Tamriel, with default interiors, and Enhanced Lights and FX. But after activating ELFX i get this weird liney, shadow effect on my characters body when facing certain lights indoors. It's kind of hard to see, but disabling ELFX cures it, but perhaps it's an issue with my anti aliasing or v-sync settings or something... Bit of a long shot asking for help on that one here, but here's a few pics just in case.

Thanks for your help already!

post-190991-0-82864800-1376687375_thumb.jpg

post-190991-0-86832400-1376687377_thumb.jpg

First problem is skeleton problem. You skipped a step and didn't use the skeleton I linked, or installed the skeleton wrong or some such.

Second problem I have no idea about mod organizer. That Bodyslide++ problem shouldn't happen if it's in the  Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\ folder.

Third problem, yes, you can save a preset in Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\SliderPresets\ and then use the same sliders on different armors. Most of the armors won't fully support TBBP or even BBP though, but the body shapes would be the same.

Fourth problem, no idea, best to ask in that mod's page.

I installed bodyslide via mod organizer. The package is greyed out in MO but works fine.

This is the binary line I use.

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\CB++ 1 - Main\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\Bodyslide++.exe

I can't remember, but I might have had to set up the executable by going through the data tab.

First problem is skeleton problem. You skipped a step and didn't use the skeleton I linked, or installed the skeleton wrong or some such.

Second problem I have no idea about mod organizer. That Bodyslide++ problem shouldn't happen if it's in the  Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\ folder.

Third problem, yes, you can save a preset in Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\SliderPresets\ and then use the same sliders on different armors. Most of the armors won't fully support TBBP or even BBP though, but the body shapes would be the same.

Fourth problem, no idea, best to ask in that mod's page.

Hmm. Thanks for your reply, but I don't think I did skip anything... I swear all I have installed os the skeleton you provided a link to, i don't have the original XP32 skeleton installed anymore, just that one called 'XPMS for TBBP'. The CBBE body mod along with a couple of hi-res texture replacers and finally the TBBP animation you linked to (called 'The TBBP animation of Dragonfly with butt bounce' in MO). Along with an idle and run animation replacer. Even if i just 

I do have the realistic ragdolls on, not because of CHSBHC or anything like that... could this be an issue? I'll try disabling it. Other than those 3 main mods, all my other mods aren't related to bodies at all... yet when female characters die and their clothing removed, the freaky inverted breasts thing still happens. I'm positive i'm using the right skeletons, meshes and animations... so what could it be?

In MO, i have TBBP and animation replacers set to load with the highest priority, followed by the XPMS for TBBP sketeton and finally the texture replacers and the CBBE body itself. Everything is working perfectly apart from the crushed breasts...?

As for Bodyslide, i think i need to edit the config file to properly recognise my Skyrim install, although i'm not exactly sure how to do this, and whether the fact that i play through SKSE will make a difference. Again, another odd problem as everything seems to be set up right, as in Skyrim>data>CalienteTools>Bodyslide++ 

You seem to know a lot about this, so i fear if you can't help with the breast inversions then i'm doomed!! Thanks anyway though... I'll into the other problems.

edit. Disabling realistic physics did absolutely nothing. So perhaps the problem lies in my load order? If i move 'XPMS for TBBP' to a higher priority than the TBBP animation, i get instant CTD... but it's worth experimenting with as these crushed breasts are pretty immersion breaking... On the bright side, Bodyslide++ seems to have spontaneously fixed itself after installing Mod Organizer to a different folder... and now i don't get the 'couldn't find a skyrim install' error message on opening, but i haven't tried putting it into action yet.

That's actually not the TBBP version I linked to, I'm not sure that's the cause of the problem though.

Crushed breasts is a skeleton problem. It almost always is, and that version of XPMS is one that was modified to fix the crushed breasts and crushed butt issues.

I think the problem is with your bodyslide++, since you didn't build a TBBP body with it yet, there's some problems there. Run bodyslide++ and build the 'CB++ Body TBBP' sliderset. You can choose whichever preset and sliders you want.

• 1 month later...

I'll try to help. First of all, butt bounce is not working well. It only exists on the TBBP version from the Nexus, and you need an unrealisticly gigantic behind to notice it, and even then it might not work with CBBE. Also it's missing some of TBBP's files. The full version of TBBP is here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15221-rel-new-updates-nov-28th-tender-bbp-a-new-bbp-simulation/page-9?do=findComment&comment=388360

As for installation ( recommend installing all of this manually):

1. Do not install CHSBHC, it's not required even though you will read in some places that it is. All of it's files will be replaced by other installations anyway.
  2. Do not install Reallistic Ragdoll Force, again, unlike what's written elsewhere, it's not a requirement.
  3. Install SKSE.
  4. Install CBBE and make sure you end up with Bodyslide.exe in the folder Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\
  5. Install Bodyslide++ and make sure you end up with Bodyslide++ in the folder Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\. If you don't have both Bodyslide and Bodyslide++ in the folder, you missed a step.
  6. Install TBBP.
  7. Install this skeleton variation of XPMS: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20027-xpms-modified-for-tbbp-fixes-breasts-too-high-crushed-butt/
  8. Run Bodyslide++ (as administrator). Make sure that you chose CB++ Body TBBP for your Sliderset, the preset and actual sliders are up to you. Then press build.
  9. Install FNIS and check it ended up in Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\, and run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe (in administrator mode). Unmark all of the selection boxes besides Skeleton Arm Fix.
  10. Run the game through SKSE. If you dislike either of TBBP's idle, walk or run animations, there are variations you can choose from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15221-rel-new-updates-nov-28th-tender-bbp-a-new-bbp-simulation/page-1 I recommend Optional Run 2.

Thank you. This worked for me too. Everyone be warned tho. Dragonfly's TBBP sprint has no footstep sounds. i think it's something to do with the .hkx file. Other hkx sprint animations have sound but i still prefer the Dragonfly sprint animation. hope this can be fixed. 

• 2 months later...

Archived