Hello everyone, hope you're all ready for the new year. I have a question.

I want to convert a follower mod into ESL in sseedit. I got a warning that doing it to a follower could break my save and to start a new game.

The followers are simple with no crazy scripts or quests, but they have been in my save game for quite sometime.

Is it safe to ESL them mid save or has that ship sailed, I want to check with someone experienced before I do this and break something, if it will cause problems I just wont do it.

It will change the formids of everything, so at the very least the game will treat the follower as an entirely new thing. I'd imagine any follower framework you may have installed will throw a fit, and the follower will most likely go back to wherever they originally spawned.

In addition to traison

Get id of follower

remove follower from any framework

open resaver, type in id of follower left upper field

delete anything of this follower

remove esp

insert esp fe below all other esp fe, if you don't know a espfe contains references to scripts or adds new references

messing up espfe load order is a save to ctd, because they use a table for the full id.

Insert espfe best below bashed patch and check bashed for changes he made for the follower.

remove this.

Start game and pray you did not mess it up :)

45 minutes ago, traison said:

broken esl mid-playthrough

Yes, thats the difference.

Id must always be esp slot plus 6 digit. FE has only 3 digit, leading 3 must be zero, this are resrved for  table position.

like FE000800.

The real id is FE + 3digit place in table + 800

This explains max number FE slots, 3digit = 4096 max FE slots.

So FE is a table slot.