Can't install SexLab Framework in-game

I'm new to all this modding stuffs so go easy on me. I'm currently trying to install this mod into Skyrim SE using Mod Manager but I can't seems to install it in game no matter what I did. I followed instructions everywhere from this site to youtube and had installed every required mods like FNIS and SkyUI to it's latest version but it still won't install. I also got this error message every time I load the game about sexlabutil.dll can't be found and I should update it to the latest version or it just collided with other mods. I don't know what else I should I do, Here's the list of the mods I'm currently running :

FNIS

XP32

SkyUI

RaceMenu

SexLab Framework 1.637

I'd make sure I've downloaded the most recent version of the listed required mods, but it still give me the same error every time. I've tried reinstalling, making a new saves, using vortex instead of mod organizer, but it's done nothing. Can anyone help me with this?

You have all required mods?

----- Requirements -------------------------------------------------------------

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) REQUIRES SKSE 2.2.2 OR NEWER -> (SE 1.5.97 need SKSE 2.0.20)

Address Library for SKSE Plugins

Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE (FNIS) REQUIRES FNIS 7.0.0 OR NEWER

• FNIS Creature Pack version 5.2 or newer is required only if you want creature animation support in SexLab, otherwise it is not required.
  • If you get a warning in game about not having 5.2 installed despite having installed it. You have without exception, installed it incorrectly. You can either ignore the warning and keep using SexLab like normal if everything working anyway, or do the smart thing and figure out what's wrong with your FNIS install so the warning will leave you alone.

SkyUI SE REQUIRES VERSION 5.0 OR NEWER

An actor skeleton mod such as XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended (XPMSSE)

10 minutes ago, TnTTnT said:

You have all required mods?

----- Requirements -------------------------------------------------------------

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) REQUIRES SKSE 2.2.2 OR NEWER -> (SE 1.5.97 need SKSE 2.0.20)

Address Library for SKSE Plugins

Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE (FNIS) REQUIRES FNIS 7.0.0 OR NEWER

• FNIS Creature Pack version 5.2 or newer is required only if you want creature animation support in SexLab, otherwise it is not required.
  • If you get a warning in game about not having 5.2 installed despite having installed it. You have without exception, installed it incorrectly. You can either ignore the warning and keep using SexLab like normal if everything working anyway, or do the smart thing and figure out what's wrong with your FNIS install so the warning will leave you alone.

SkyUI SE REQUIRES VERSION 5.0 OR NEWER

An actor skeleton mod such as XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended (XPMSSE)

Yep, I've already installed those mods and they're running fine. The problem is SexLab still won't install in-game

39 minutes ago, CheeseManButNoCheese said:

It did show in MCM, but for some reason when I pressed the Install/update option, it won't do anything.

That list of requirements is empty. Clear hint you're trying to use the wrong version of SL or its requirements. Go to the SL download page, stop and read the info (at least the things in red near the top), confirm (or check for the first time) your game executable version, then get the proper SL version for it. Do the same for SKSE, Address Library and any other mod containing a dll file. All the info you need is in the version of your game executable, SKSE and the mod descriptions.

15 minutes ago, TnTTnT said:

I don't use Vortex but did Vortex show any sign of any mod overwrite Sexlab?

From your 1st post, seem like Sexlabutil.dll not found or incorrect version.

Hide contents

image.png.8493bd9780592d58de8e7b88e9e42413.png

I used Mod Organizer now since Vortex had the same result, I don't know how to check overlapped mods, but Mod Organizer haven't showed any noticeable error so far. Also here's the Sexlabutil.dll I got, I did make sure to download the latest SexLab Framework for Skyrim SE in this site which is 1.637, but it does seems weird how the site gave version 1.65 to both GOG and AE version, am I just downloading the wrong version? If so where can I find the right one? I've tried searching everywhere but can't seems to find anything besides the one provided here

If you are using SE (1.5.97) not AE (1.6.x) then Sexlab 1.63 is correct.

Spoiler

image.png.9d59f349499a6d6180767cffbcf56847.png

You can check in MO2 if you see any "-" sign next to SexlabFramework.  Mine is overwrite by Sexlab Utility Plus and PapyrusUtil which is OK.  SexlabUtil.dll are not overwritten.

Spoiler

image.png.f230226df087a4f45678bf48bac70ed0.png

43 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

That list of requirements is empty. Clear hint you're trying to use the wrong version of SL or its requirements. Go to the SL download page, stop and read the info (at least the things in red near the top), confirm (or check for the first time) your game executable version, then get the proper SL version for it. Do the same for SKSE, Address Library and any other mod containing a dll file. All the info you need is in the version of your game executable, SKSE and the mod descriptions.

I just redownloaded and reinstalled every required mods listed with it's latest version I can find through MO2, but it's still shows as empty in-game am I just installing it wrong? I've followed the instruction through this tutorial step by step for the installation process 

35 minutes ago, TnTTnT said:

If you are using SE (1.5.97) not AE (1.6.x) then Sexlab 1.63 is correct.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9d59f349499a6d6180767cffbcf56847.png

You can check in MO2 if you see any "-" sign next to SexlabFramework.  Mine is overwrite by Sexlab Utility Plus and PapyrusUtil which is OK.  SexlabUtil.dll are not overwritten.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f230226df087a4f45678bf48bac70ed0.png

I've just installed the AE version which is 1.65 and still got the same problem, also here's the overwrite thingy, it's empty, is it being empty a good thing or am I doing things wrong?

ssss.png

25 minutes ago, CheeseManButNoCheese said:

I just redownloaded and reinstalled every required mods listed with it's latest version I can find through MO2, but it's still shows as empty in-game am I just installing it wrong? I've followed the instruction through this tutorial step by step for the installation process 

It's not about installing the latest version of everything. You need the exact version compatible for your executable. And again, the same goes for SKSE, Address Library and any other mod with a dll file.

16 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

It's not about installing the latest version of everything. You need the exact version compatible for your executable. And again, the same goes for SKSE, Address Library and any other mod with a dll file.

I've had Skyrim SE V.1.6.640, and here's the Mods version I used :

SkyUI 5.2

FNIS Behavior 7.6

FNIS Creature Pack 7.6

FNIS Spell 5.01

SexLab Framework AE 1.65

SKSE64 (It's said that it's compatible for 1.6.640)

Address Library All In One (Anniversary Edition), I've tried the Special edition too before

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended

I can't determined whether these mods are compatible with each other since the SexLab requirement list only said something like "Needs to be at least version 7.00". If I am using a wrong version for any of these mods, please tell me which version should I install instead

If your version of SKSE matches your exe version, SL matches your exe version and you have Address Library for AE the requirements should be detected. If not something else is going on with your game, like not having SKSE fully installed or not starting the game using SKSE through MO, or who knows what. The only one with full access to your setup is you.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having this issue as well. I have Sexlab SE 163.7, SKSE 2.2.3, Sky UI 5.2, and FNIS 7.6. I am playing on the special edition rather than the anniversary edition. 
When I load up the game, FNIS loads up properly as do all my other mods. I can see Sexlab in the MCM however like the OP nothing appears besides any of the prerequisites and nothing happens when I hit install.   Does anyone know why this is happening??????????
image.png.0e535a93a34dcc68314801c72ca0038c.png

On 12/5/2023 at 5:53 AM, ysehporp said:

Does anyone know why this is happening??????????

1. You have unmanaged mods in MO2. Very bad practice, likely will cause issues in the long run.

2. You have SL 1.63 (made for SkyrimSE.exe 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.19 or 2.0.20), yet you're using SKSE 2.2.3 (which was released for SkyrimSE.exe 1.6.640). See how these numbers don't match? You're either using the wrong version of SKSE or Sexlab.

3. You're not on the "special edition rather than the anniversary edition". You have CC content right there in your loadorder, you're using SKSE for 1.6+. You simply don't know which version of the game you have and thus are guessing which mods to install. The anniversary edition isn't a separate game, it's just an update and an optional paid DLC. And you likely have the update applied to your game.

Go to wherever your game is installed, find the SkyrimSE.exe file, right click on it and select "Properties". Go to the "Details" tab and check the "Product version". That's the version of the game you have. It's a number. Every mod requiring a specific version of the game will have that number somewhere in the description or info you can read (you can go to the official SKSE website and you'll see those numbers, you can go to the SL Framework download page and see those numbers, you can go to mods like Racemenu and see those numbers, and so on).