NifSkope and .nif file problems

First guess: specular strength could be a multiplier for the specular texture map. If the texture map is 0, the product is still going to be 0 (0 * 1000 = 0). Meshes typically have multiple textures assigned to them (*_msn.dds, *_s.dds, *_sk.dds). Figure out which one of them is the specular map and compare it to the one from the head mesh.

1 hour ago, PanzerMaster said:

So, I'm trying to get my skin to look oily, and it works for the feet, head, and hands, but not the body. I have saved them, but they dont change look in NifSkope or in game. Could it possibly be a mod affecting it or is something just completely broken?

Screenshot 2022-12-18 011729.png

20221218011900_1.jpg

Getting the skin oily in Nifskope is not a good idea because:
- the body mesh is present in many nifs of armor - and you would have to rework all these armors in nifskope.
- the same goes for some gloves and shoes
- all heads of the NPC's would have to be exported again

What are the alternatives:
- Edit specular maps of body, head etc. (make them brighter) - this means that all armor and NPCs are changed instantly. Followers with custom textures need to be edited separately.

- but it is better to use the mod Sweaty Wet Skin or alternatives

On 12/18/2022 at 3:05 AM, traison said:

First guess: specular strength could be a multiplier for the specular texture map. If the texture map is 0, the product is still going to be 0 (0 * 1000 = 0). Meshes typically have multiple textures assigned to them (*_msn.dds, *_s.dds, *_sk.dds). Figure out which one of them is the specular map and compare it to the one from the head mesh.

So, I found out that its not the specular map that's screwed its something else entirely. When i changed the specular map to the whitest setting possible on both the head map and the body map, they both changed, but when i started changing values in Nifskope, only the head changed, the body stayed the same. Im still working at it, and maybe ill find a solution, maybe i wont.