"RUN GenerateFNISforUsers"

38 minutes ago, Es.Ell. said:

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have Skyrim SE and it appears various Mods want me to "RUN GenerateFNISforUsers" but don't understand the steps on what to do next. Can someone give me a slow step by step method on how to do this. Thank You - Mod newbie

Do you use mod manager? Anyway, next things you should do as any other mod. Like download as always, install as always, etc.

1. You need this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3038 "FNIS Behavior SE 7_6" file. Plus "FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6" and "FNIS Spells SE 7.0.

2. You should go to folder named Tools inside installed mod. Then to GenerateFNIS_ForUsers, File named "GenerateFNISforUsers.exe". If you are using mod manager, you should launch file through it. More info if you are using one and you give name of it.

3. Check mods descriptions. Maybe for your mods there are some patches needed from fnis. If yes - check them. Then push "update FNIS Behavior". Wait until it ends its work. It can be look like the app is stuck, don't do anything, just wait (like for some minutes).

4. Check that your fnis.esp is active and it is in correct position.

Edited by Gh0sTG0

I'd add that as far as I remember it, (~3 years ago now), the first time you use FNIS, you're supposed to fire it up using FNIS's GenerateFNISforUsers.exe once, prior to using it within your mod manager, as some sort of initialization step. At that point, its use within a mod manager is fine. But maybe something has changed since, where you no longer need to do that step, idk. Or maybe it was Vortex specific, not sure.

22 hours ago, Gh0sTG0 said:

Do you use mod manager? Anyway, next things you should do as any other mod. Like download as always, install as always, etc.

1. You need this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3038 "FNIS Behavior SE 7_6" file. Plus "FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6" and "FNIS Spells SE 7.0.

2. You should go to folder named Tools inside installed mod. Then to GenerateFNIS_ForUsers, File named "GenerateFNISforUsers.exe". If you are using mod manager, you should launch file through it. More info if you are using one and you give name of it.

3. Check mods descriptions. Maybe for your mods there are some patches needed from fnis. If yes - check them. Then push "update FNIS Behavior". Wait until it ends its work. It can be look like the app is stuck, don't do anything, just wait (like for some minutes).

4. Check that your fnis.esp is active and it is in correct position.

Thank you for your help Gh0sTG0, anjenthedog