Old Dwarf Fortress Mod

18 hours ago, stronggater said:

I've been trying to get this mod to work: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6439

I am using the version listed via a LNP, but the changes via the raw don't seem to be being added, is there something I am doing wrong, does the mod just not work, or is it somehow not compatible with a LNP?

That mod is for 0.34.11. The mod is almost ten years old now. Though it's only been out of date since July 2014. Though I see that's the version that only adds a creature so it's probably not too difficult to update.

If you're using 0.34.11 then to install it you need to go to your dwarf fortress folder, then raws, then objects, and put the files in there. So this mod has b_detail_plan_LD, body_LD, creature_LD, descriptor_color_LD, material_template_LD, and tissue_template_LD. Those all need to be there. That alone should work. But you'd need to make a new world for the raws to apply. I'd always go to the object testing arena to make sure a mod was working. Also in the mod files is a lustaddled creatures folder which edits many of the existing creatures in dwarf fortress. To install that you'd have to take all of those files out to replace the existing ones.

1 hour ago, whateverdontcare said:

That mod is for 0.34.11. The mod is almost ten years old now. Though it's only been out of date since July 2014. Though I see that's the version that only adds a creature so it's probably not too difficult to update.

If you're using 0.34.11 then to install it you need to go to your dwarf fortress folder, then raws, then objects, and put the files in there. So this mod has b_detail_plan_LD, body_LD, creature_LD, descriptor_color_LD, material_template_LD, and tissue_template_LD. Those all need to be there. That alone should work. But you'd need to make a new world for the raws to apply. I'd always go to the object testing arena to make sure a mod was working. Also in the mod files is a lustaddled creatures folder which edits many of the existing creatures in dwarf fortress. To install that you'd have to take all of those files out to replace the existing ones.

I see, I am running that version and I do have them in there, but it doesn't seem to be taking effect, no matter what I do, even while using a non-pack DF. Will try to do that for the lust addled creatures part.

Ah, that was the issue, the body parts were being declared, but didn't realize the creature files needed to be in to actually attach the body parts. Thanks for the help!

Edited by stronggater