[mod] Erotic Name Lists WIP (Orion ready!)

Erotic Name Lists WIP (Orion ready!)

Sarah's Name List mod is unfortunately broken, causing CTD's by itself and even a patch mod seemed to mess up a few lines within the code. So I've made a quick list using both the furry name list and some of Toronam's SSX name lists. I did it using the humanoid 1 list as a framework, though I can't seem to figure out how to declare the name list itself, so it's gonna pop up in the empire creation screen as "Name_list_FUR1", heads up on that.

Ideally, this mod should work, and I see nothing bad popping up in a test game. Please let me know though if any variable names pop up instead of a regular name.

Version 0.1, as it's just a quick test and remix of SSEN. All credit goes to SluttyPrincessSarah and Toronam.

Any future versions are going to involve the other name lists in SSEN, and maybe the other name lists in SSX. Would be nice to mix and match for specific RP playstyles, especially for Lustful Void and it's submods.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/11/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Nothing, can be downloaded standalone

On 12/12/2022 at 2:24 AM, cg172375 said:

Had to change the "path=" on the .mod file to my computer's because it still said what I presume is your name's and that's messing with the launcher going "omg installation failed" when you try to add it to the playset. All good, thanks for the mod.

Gotcha, I'll get on that.

On 12/14/2022 at 12:26 PM, ChandraArgentis said:

Would it be possible to have a version of this that just includes the names and such without the tech or other changes?  I kind of want to use it in Multiplayer to terrify my opponents with my ship's naming convention.

There is only a namelist, I don't see anything in the actual mod files to edit the technology names or anything. I'm a little confused as well as to why that screenshot is there...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Arkerthan said:

Fixed the localization. Don't ask me how, I just took a working name list mod from steam, removed everything but one name list and copy pasted your files into that one.

While I was at it, I also removed some duplicate code, improved the code style and removed obsolete (or modded?) keys. Added one new planet name.

Erotic Name List.zip 8.52 kB · 1 download

Nice! Mind if I add this to the bio page? I can't fix my own stuff atm cuz I've been constantly working, but I'd link it to your post!

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 12:50 PM, Arkerthan said:

Fixed the localization. Don't ask me how, I just took a working name list mod from steam, removed everything but one name list and copy pasted your files into that one.

While I was at it, I also removed some duplicate code, improved the code style and removed obsolete (or modded?) keys. Added one new planet name.

Erotic Name List.zip 8.52 kB · 3 downloads

I didn't see that someone already fixed this so fixed it myself manually. There were 2 issues with the localisation.

1. The folder used the Americanized spelling for the folder name (fix: change folder name localization -> localisation).

2. The name of any localization file needs to end in _l_<language>, or in this case _l_english.

With those 2 changes, the name list showed the right name and armies got proper names.