First, go to Youtube and look for tutorials by Gopher and by Gamer Poets.  They both have several tutorials on how to set up a mod manager and how to use some of the tools.

Second, pick a mod manager and use those same tutorials to learn to use it.  I would guess 95% of us on LL use either Vortex (the Nexus mod manager) or Mod Organizer 2 (which you can probably also still find on Nexus, or at least a link to a web storage page somewhere).  I have never used Vortex, I'm very happy with MO2 and feel it gives me a lot of power and control.  Some people say Vortex is a little easier to learn.  Both work fairly well.

Third, only install a few mods at a time and then test to make sure everything works.  Do NOT install 189 mods and then be surprised when the game crashes.  If you add maybe 5 mods and test, it's much easier to find the source of the problem if there is one.

There is an excellent guide to set up AAF animations that is pinned here on LL:

AAF Fucking Manual

Next, read the pinned threads in the forums here.  Many questions have been answered so much that guides are posted and pinned.

If you have questions, it helps to be specific.  You can (and probably should) post your load order in spoiler tags, and screen shots of your mod manager might help.  If the game crashes, when?  If it doesn't work right, how?