Marvel's Mindnight Suns - any way to unpack .paks?

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

Have you tried rnaming it to a .zip? That's all a lot of them are.

Failing that, point something that handles a lot of compression methods at it, 7zip works well, and see if the app can figure it out.

I tried those, but they give error messages. I googled a bit before, probably I'd need the Unreal SDK. I just hoped there was some other solution.

You can extract assets from the paks using umodel (https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel) along with the key: 0xDE528B9B92CF690BC92816C998FB7908B053D186E2D08BFF6D61370DC5BF35AF .

Unfortunately, I think the only way to re-pack the assets is with Unreal Engine- importing the assets into a new project, packaging it, then compressing the files using UnrealPak.exe in the engine's binaries folder (if you add the attached .bat files to the same folder, you should be able to pack folders by just dragging them into those).

Note that, while I'm able to create paks with the correct files using this approach, I haven't actually gotten them to work in-game yet, so there may be something I'm missing or misunderstanding.

UnrealPak-With-Compression.bat UnrealPak-Without-Compression.bat UnrealUnpak.bat