ipuffins tech scam alert!

kurisu7885

Ok, I'm putting this out to alert people about a "Yahoo tech support" company I dealt with.

This is them, don't want to give them traffic but: http://ipuffins.com/

As the site states they operate out ofeither New Dheli or Singapore. I was in a panic state so, I wound up calling them to get my Yahoo account back, to their credit, I do have it back.

However, they did so using Teamviewer, which should have been my first red flag, again, wasn't thinking clearly.

He too ka look at some of my temp folders and did some cleaning. Now, I wasn't told I was going ot be charged for this, I figured it was an exra gesture.

Well, he tried to sell me on some sort of plan for $200. Now, the next day, I wasn't interested, and my bank caled about an attempted charge i nthe UK to a company called Cyberknight, who I had never heard of. I told them to not authorize and they cancelled my car,d issuing me a new one.

Well, I started getting calls from this company seeking payment from me. I kept ignoring until I got fed up and answered, and they started seeking payment form me. I was transferred to an apparent supervisor, and he lowered it to $100. Well, he alos lied and said my banks was open, they close at 5:00 PM my time on weekdays. He told me he'd call back at 10:30 this morning, though I had after talking to my mom added my number ot the national Do Not Call registry, and I haven't heard from them since.

I apologize if this is the wrong area, a mod can move it, I just wanted to alert people. It's my own dumbass fault sure, but I don't want others making the mistake I did.

Dude, who the hell did you piss of recently to get such bad luck....

I have no goddamn idea, but I've been running damage control since it happened.

Just waiting ofr Steam to get back to me on that account thugh and everything will be restored

Don't give in to them whatever you do.  Unless you approved a charge you are not liable.  End of story.  They have to clearly make you aware you will be charged for something and get your approval before it is valid. 

Make damn sure that this company doesn't have access to your computer via any software they might have had you install or had you enable shared settings for your computer or folders.  Immediately change your admin password and if you use a separate user login account change it as well.

Don't forget to change your yahoo account password and any other accounts they might have had access to.

As a lesson to the future, never give out your credit card number without a clear explanation of what you will be charged.  If they won't give you detailed information on charges prior to getting your credit card number, then hang up and go a different route.

Cheers,

Greg

Don't give in to them whatever you do.  Unless you approved a charge you are not liable.  End of story.  They have to clearly make you aware you will be charged for something and get your approval before it is valid. 

Make damn sure that this company doesn't have access to your computer via any software they might have had you install or had you enable shared settings for your computer or folders.  Immediately change your admin password and if you use a separate user login account change it as well.

Don't forget to change your yahoo account password and any other accounts they might have had access to.

As a lesson to the future, never give out your credit card number without a clear explanation of what you will be charged.  If they won't give you detailed information on charges prior to getting your credit card number, then hang up and go a different route.

Cheers,

Greg

I've run no less than 8 malware virus and spywares scans since Wedensday and every thing they caught was painfully exterminated, I've also filed a report to the internet crimes division of the FI and made a call to the FTC reporting this.

I was avised by the FTC to call the Attorney General office in my state, and while they can't do much, they did give me the avice to ignore them until they give up.

I had a friend call me the other day, she was hysterical after trying to get a hold of yahoo to get her account back (it got hyjacked/hacked), she had gone online, got the number she thought was yahoo customer support called it, the guy had her enable shit on her computer, he took complete control of it, had all her information account numbers you name it. She does business on and with her computer. Her bank was calling her, her friends and customers were calling her wanting to know why she was sending e-mails for all this ungodly shit. Had her call her bank first thing, cancel every goddam thing and get replacements on all her cards, get passwords changed, got a hold of the REAL yahoo and got that mess cleared up. had to go through her registry and clean the fuck out of it. Passworded the Admin account and hid it. Made her a new account to do her business on. Reported these fucktards to the BBB, and her bank now knows these fucktards as well.  A fucking nightmare at best. IF THEY DON'T SAY, THIS IS "THE COMPANY YOUR CALLING" HANG THE FUCK UP.

The kicker is they did claim otbe Yahoo technical support. I have the real Yahoo number bookmarked now.

Archived