Question about the new Undressables in the futur update.

Depends on what you expect by "way better"

It seems to allow us to set "half undone" outfits, not only nude ones. Think for example of Beto's outfits that have a dick out version. I haven't go that version myself yet but I've seen it at work, and it looks fun, but you have to understand that the game won't automatically do anything.  You will still need outfits that look undone, be it from creators or made by yourself.

If you are expecting animated undressing as in unbuttoning shirts and such, no, that's not happening. There may be very skilled animators that add the movement and change the outfit by code from done to undone, but it's a high level sort of animation, and again, needs to have cc with both versions assigned.

I think this is a horrible idea. Sorry. Turbo - a living legend and the ONLY reason why I spent over $1,000 Canadian on this garbage game. Turbo needs to sort out his UI/Menu before piling more crap on top of it.

I hope its an option that I can turn off. I did kind of the same ting for Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Girls clothes would get transparent when it rained. Fucking hilarious but a nightmare to implement and maintain. I had to make three versions of every bloody outfit at the Nexus. I have a Windows Vista HDD with almost 70 GB of bloody TESIV clothing. I'm an idiot.

Then Dante banned me just for shits and giggles. Drove me away from modding permanently.

Well, that's an opinion you have there.

Mine is the opposite, I love this new feature. I can't wait to use all these outfits I've collected but then have no easy chance to use unless I remember to set the outfit and force them to stay clothed during sex.

Nobody is going to expect versions of all outfits, but they are already a thing without this WW feature, so why not add it?

I love a tidy UI but I'm more into playability, and this is going to make my gaming more fun.

I am Canadian. I was born to have opinions. Just trust me. Shirt on. Boob out. Bullshit. Waste of code and framerate. OMG! I am fucking this Sim. She has clothes on!

Now her BOOB is out YAY! WOW! Now she has no shirt or bra! Woohoo I am twelve again! You DO understand that you are going to have to replace every piece of CC that you have. You know that, right?

Oblivion mods did that over 10 years ago. Did not work out. Look when I joined. And that was after I stopped modding.

YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT WILL NEVER WORK. And you will be back here bitching like a Russian for the next 10 years. Bahd No Bas. Dunnae Care.

9 minutes ago, GMac2021 said:

I am Canadian. I was born to have opinions. Just trust me. Shirt on. Boob out. Bullshit. Waste of code and framerate. OMG! I am fucking this Sim. She has clothes on!

Now her BOOB is out YAY! WOW! Now she has no shirt or bra! Woohoo I am twelve again! You DO understand that you are going to have to replace every piece of CC that you have. You know that, right?

Oblivion mods did that over 10 years ago. Did not work out. Look when I joined. And that was after I stopped modding.

YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT WILL NEVER WORK. And you will be back here bitching like a Russian for the next 10 years. Bahd No Bas. Dunnae Care.

You don't have to replace any CC, you just have to download a new .package file.
It's mostly quality of life improvement, so you don't have to set up the undressing stages manually in CAS.

8 hours ago, GMac2021 said:

You do sound like a 12 yo and that's why I have you blocked. Don't bother answering me, much less to stray out of topic with facts you're getting out of your ass. "Bitching like a Russian for the next 10 years", so you mean yourself and Oblivion? Or the money you've poured on TS4? You're noisy and bitter and this is the last time I'm replying to you. You can go sour the party wherever, idc, have fun whining to the wall.

7 hours ago, Vthena said:

You don't have to replace any CC, you just have to download a new .package file.
It's mostly quality of life improvement, so you don't have to set up the undressing stages manually in CAS.

Thank you for the clarification! Your clothes are one of the ones I'm SO looking forward to get a chance to use with this feature. It looks way easier than CAS. Do you have to do something special to the .packages, like naming them in a certain way or ading a bit of code?

On 11/30/2022 at 6:09 AM, grashel said:

Hi, I see on patreon that the next version we will have a new feature call ''Undressables''.

It is, the possibility to make a animation thats undressing someone but wayyy better ?

I'm kind of late to this, but I can still share what this feature is about.

The core idea is to make using CC clothing easier for the player, so that you don't have to use multiple outfit slots. By using the dressed up version of a clothing article (or partially undressed), you don't lose access to the undressed version while playing, as you can access it during gameplay. It's less setup in CAS and higher comfort during gameplay letting you choose what and when.

This feature is currently not aiming to be used with animations, simply because undressing is free-form which means that clothing creators can use it however they want. Undressables don't need to include any nudity, they can be used as just multiple styles of the same clothing part. There are no specific rules, it's open for the creator creativity, therefore specific usages (like animations) isn't really going to happen. At least automatically or pre-planned, you can still do it manually for your own entertainment or storytelling.

The actual future does involve expanding this feature to do more in gameplay and expand to more use cases. And there's more plans for more clothing support ?

@GMac2021 I suggest you begin forming opinions once you actually know anything about the subject, not guess. These aren't opinions, you're just guessing what's happening to be upset about something. Thank you for being so involved, you really must love WickedWhims, but again I suggest you first consider learning about what you want to talk about. For example, you can ask, like the person making this topic.

I did not mean to sound rude. You are a legend and your mod (for me) is the ONLY reason I gave EA about $1,000 Canadian over the last few months. Yes sir, I AM guessing. I apologize. I just had a bad time modding Oblivion... My guesses are based upon prior experience.

Thank you for the reply. I think I get it now. Please accept my apology. I have zero doubt that WW will work fine. But what creators will make scares me. And I will not download their stuff.

Example - and I hope I am not repeating myself.  I stopped modding probably the same day I made this account. 2013 I think. I made a mod because it was hilarious and I was Scottish Canadian and slightly drunk. The mod basically had clothing become more and more transparent when girls were outside in the rain.  DDS + Opacity. Hilarity ensues.

Then I ended up getting requests and threats. NON STOP. Content creators on the Nexus wanted me to modify their clothes. No Patreon. I just did it for shits and giggles. Then Dante banned me. Oh well.

You already offer free support here at LL, At the Nexus. On Patreon and on your own website.  People here are going to blindly download CC and scream and cry because they can't RTFM. I'll just shut up and watch. I trust YOU. But the shitstorm of broken content created with Sims4Studio... Ain't gonna be good brother.

Thank you for your mod and love from Canada. 

On 12/12/2022 at 12:28 AM, GMac2021 said:

And you will be back here bitching like a Russian for the next 10 years.

I don’t understand what the Russians and whining have to do with it. Looks like a global trend to blame everything on Russians. Not from a great mind as usual.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 7:28 AM, TURBODRIVER said:

I'm kind of late to this, but I can still share what this feature is about.

The core idea is to make using CC clothing easier for the player, so that you don't have to use multiple outfit slots. By using the dressed up version of a clothing article (or partially undressed), you don't lose access to the undressed version while playing, as you can access it during gameplay. It's less setup in CAS and higher comfort during gameplay letting you choose what and when.

This feature is currently not aiming to be used with animations, simply because undressing is free-form which means that clothing creators can use it however they want. Undressables don't need to include any nudity, they can be used as just multiple styles of the same clothing part. There are no specific rules, it's open for the creator creativity, therefore specific usages (like animations) isn't really going to happen. At least automatically or pre-planned, you can still do it manually for your own entertainment or storytelling.

The actual future does involve expanding this feature to do more in gameplay and expand to more use cases. And there's more plans for more clothing support ?

@GMac2021 I suggest you begin forming opinions once you actually know anything about the subject, not guess. These aren't opinions, you're just guessing what's happening to be upset about something. Thank you for being so involved, you really must love WickedWhims, but again I suggest you first consider learning about what you want to talk about. For example, you can ask, like the person making this topic.

Hi, I'm new to the topic of wickedwhims clothing! I would love to be able to learn how to make garments so that the sim can undress... here I will be leaving a link so that you can see and download some of my work.
Sorry for my writing, English is not my native language.