Cannot Overhaul / Edit Housecarl Lydia

Guest jadenhollow

Guest jadenhollow

My problem originally is that I wanted to edit Lydia, so I went into CK And changed her up to my liking as I have with my personally created followers. All I did to her was import a pretty face i made, gave her some oblivion hair, and changed her inventory to have some armor and made her NOT have default housecarl armor. 

Tried to load into game: Infinite Loading Screen.

Uninstalled and reverted: Game works no problemos.

Process repeated many times. Same outcome, no matter whether she is dismissed or not.

Tried to download / install Lydia Overhaul that I liked. : Infinite Loading Screen.

Uninstall: Game works. >:C

So you can see what I'm getting at now, if any of that was confusing, let me know and I'll think of a new way to rephrase it. I try to be pretty literate, yknow. 

Alrighty, in this spoiler is my Active Mod Files List. Pulled it from Wrye.

Active Mod Files:
• 00 Skyrim.esm

• 01 Update.esm

• 02 Dawnguard.esm

• 03 HearthFires.esm

• 04 Dragonborn.esm

• 05 ApachiiHair.esm

• 06 ApachiiHairMales.esm

• 07 RaceCompatibility.esm

• 08 LunariRace.esm

• 09 TERAArmors.esm

• 0A UndergroundBathhouse.esm

• 0B XFLMain.esm

• 0C NewStyleEyes.esm

• 0D OBlHairFinal.esm

• 0E SexLab.esm [Version 1.14]

• 0F ZaZAnimationPack.esm

• 10 retreat.esm

• 11 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.3.2c]

• 12 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.2.3]

• 13 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 1.1.1]

• 14 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 1.0.4]

• 15 NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp

• 16 LoversComfort.esp

• 17 SkyUI.esp

• 18 AlynShirArmor.esp

• 19 DemonHunterArmor.esp

• 1A FS_AngelsInSkyrim.esp

• 1B HentaiNightmareArmor.esp

• 1C HentaiVoidArmor.esp

• 1D KCEFlameBikini.esp

• 1E R18Pn - Ritter Armor - Heavy.esp

• 1F Schwertleite Set.esp

• 20 TERAArmors.esp

• 21 Aurora.esp

• 22 ub_npc_rework.esp

• 23 SJs_InvHelms_Eng_Main_AHead_A.esp

• 24 SJs_InvHelms_Eng_Plugin_DLC2_AHead_A.esp

• 25 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

• 26 ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp

• 27 Brows.esp

• 28 FallOut3Hairs.esp

• 29 SGHairPack04.esp

• 2A SGHairPack02.esp

• 2B SGHairPack01.esp

• 2C SGHairPack05.esp

• 2D SGHairPack06.esp

• 2E SGHairPack03.esp

• 2F TheEyesOfBeauty.esp [Version 8]

• 30 LunariRace.esp

• 31 XFLDialogue.esp

• 32 XFLPlugins.esp

• 33 HousecarlWhiterun.esp

• 34 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.3.1]

• 35 CharacterMakingExtender.esp

• 36 EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp

• 37 QuieterDogs.esp

• 38 Dogs-of-Skyrim.esp

• 39 mortenhairs.esp

• 3A Northgirl.esp

• 3B zach.esp

• 3C Neo's Mandu Armours.esp

• 3D SexLabSquirt.esp

• 3E SexLab SexChat.esp

• 3F SexLabZaZAnimations.esp

• 40 ZaZAnimationPackConfig.esp

• 41 weddingdress.esp

Now it says I'm supposed to do something about a papyrus log..... let me go find out what to do next! XD

Alrighty! Found the Papyrus script logs, not sure how to read them but some of you probably do! ^-^ Well I think this about covers it. I've attached the Papyrus logs in the rar called Script.rar .  c: 

Script.rar

papyrus log says to me you fucked up with the scripts, lot of property missing in the savegame -> lot of minor errors -> papyrus log reset over and over again -> infinite loading screen. try a new game and test your esp there also use tes5edit if your esp doesn't have errors that could cause infinite loading screens,too. but if another lydia mod causes that, too, your savegame might be just to fucked up to handle more.

Guest jadenhollow

Alrighty. I played a new game until I got to Lydia, and it worked! Thank you so much! Now I'm having another problem though :/ It doesn't matter what skin I select or what hair I use.. Half of her face is black and half of it is white. 

2itim8y.jpg

Guest jadenhollow

brow texture is missing/wrong path look up what skyrim set in her facegeom file and correct the path.

you wouldn't happen to know where I can find that would you  :s

meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\Skyrim.esm\

Alot of nifs, look up lydias Id in tes5edit, the one with the same name as lydia's ID is the right one, now open it with nifskope.

There is a node BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned, that has a node with some thing like femalebrow, that has a node with a BSLightingShaderProperty under that is a node, BSShaderTextureProperty, there is now a arrow where you can open and see a path to a dds file, textures/etc/etc/femalesbrow.dds and textures/etc/etc/femalesbrow_n.dds sometimes skyrim set incorrect pathes for that now you correct them by editing the path to the one you setted for your lydia.

:exclamation: This is the "coloured forehead bug", one of several bugs caused by the CK not handling modded tintmasks (ie: makeup) well.

What you are seeing is the CK mangling an eyeshadow tint (yes, really). :huh:

Here is how to avoid it:

- Before you load the CK, go to ...\Skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets and *TEMPORARILY* remove the "tintmasks" folder (copy it to the desktop as a backup while you work, just in case!). The CK does not handle all modded tintmasks (ie: makeup, warpaint, etc.) very well. Temporarily removing this folder will avoid a number of CK-related texture bugs like strangely-coloured or stripey foreheads, sqiggly coloured lines around the temples, etc.

- Make your Lydia mod from scratch again (yes really. Sorry. You know how to do it now - it's a quick 10min. job. This will avoid baking any problems into your mod, and keeps everything nice & clean), CTRL+F4 to export the facegen, etc. Save. Close the CK.

- When you're done, put the "tintmasks" folder BACK where you found it!!!!!

- Open your game up & check your Lydia. :)

You do not need to monkey around with interpolation sliders, etc. Follow the above work-around, and it's a guaranteed win! I do it every time I open the CK, and it works perfectly! ^_^

PS: Groovtama's post makes for very interesting reading! What he describes may very well be the *why* behind the CK's problems with tintmasks, and might be suitable for investigation by more experienced modders. For beginners, use the above instructions to avoid tintmask errors.

Guest jadenhollow

Thank you both so much for all the help you've both given! If there's a way to like, give you points on here or something I totally would.

Archived