Free Body

View File

Free Body Description:

Free body is a open community body that is free to use, modify, and remesh without giving me credit as long as you do not use it for profit and label it as such. You must also give credit to other assets you use, such as the skin textures. This body will replace the default body or, if you choose, the Anime Race body.

Back Story:

I needed a body with additional functionality for some animations and a new AAF patch I was working on, but the problem was that I couldn't get permission to use other bodies. So, I made my own. In my own opinion, this is a far superior body format to use, or at least it will be when I'm done with it. It's about 70% complete. It no longer uses the Bethesda UV format, which is not a good format for nude textures, it uses a much more simple UV map which is also great for sculpting. The topology is also slightly better in most areas than CBBE and FG so that it retains similar visual quality with lower poly count. I've also combined the textures for the hand for VRAM savings; the reason for this is because it -was- a good idea for Bethesda to separate them so that they could save VRAM, as default outfits usually hide the body texture, but with modern skimpy outfits, the body texture now loads with the hand textures and combining them is the better idea. There are also some minor improvements in other areas, such as fingernails and toenails. Is it perfect? No, and there's still some glaring issues that are on my plate to fix right now, namely the neck gap and bone weights, which are probably related. Also, note that I based the sliders on the FG body for compatibility; for example: If a mod has a script that says your player is pregnant, the script reads, "Set Morph Pregnant Belly = 100" as an example. So, setting your body to FG for mods will allow the mod to make the necessary body morph edits. I thought about including or swapping to CBBE morph names, I haven't decided yet. Let me know what you think, just note that the more morphs you have, the longer it takes to build outfits.

Requirements:

• Zex Skeleton (Default Race) [ Download ]

or

• Zex Skeleton (Anime Race) [ Download ]

and

You might need either CBBE of FG (I might be missing something :P)

FAQ:

• Uh, there's no armor or bodyslides? What the hell am I supposed to do with this?
    Just fuck around with it and throw in some suggestions for now. It's a large project and will take some time to complete.

• There was more... but my brain died.

Credits / Special Thanks: