Questions regarding the possibility of creating a actual functional bondage mod.

I have noticed there is no bondage mods, I cant seem to find any references of anyone speaking of the idea either.
So, I have plenty of questions, but ima start simple and ask more as this thread goes on.

How possible is it to even make a starbound bondage, it being functional and actually restricting.

Edited by SaltyyCoffee
1 hour ago, SaltyyCoffee said:

I have noticed there is no bondage mods, I cant seem to find any references of anyone speaking of the idea either.
So, I have plenty of questions, but ima start simple and ask more as this thread goes on.

How possible is it to even make a starbound bondage, it being functional and actually restricting.

... it's funny to say "functional and restricting" but i guess that's the point of it lol

But well, i guess there just ain't no direct integration with Sexbound, and most fetish mods so far have either used their own complex systems or avoided being inclusive. At most you have some Latexians/latex inspired races and bondage by tentacles over at TTPP, but yeah, i haven't seen any more where the player is integrated into bondage/trapped into objects, that wasn't from the vore mods at least. Sorry if that's beyond the point of your topic though.

The tech/coding for it is around if you really want to look for it, if you are a bit savvy you maybe able to scrap together code from several other mods and figure something out, but currently, as far as i know, there is no direct mention/implementation of bondage. At most, there is the Yoru Sex Factory and it's animated objects/sexbound interactable ones.

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

... it's funny to say "functional and restricting" but i guess that's the point of it lol

But well, i guess there just ain't no direct integration with Sexbound, and most fetish mods so far have either used their own complex systems or avoided being inclusive. At most you have some Latexians/latex inspired races and bondage by tentacles over at TTPP, but yeah, i haven't seen any more where the player is integrated into bondage/trapped into objects, that wasn't from the vore mods at least. Sorry if that's beyond the point of your topic though.

The tech/coding for it is around if you really want to look for it, if you are a bit savvy you maybe able to scrap together code from several other mods and figure something out, but currently, as far as i know, there is no direct mention/implementation of bondage. At most, there is the Yoru Sex Factory and it's animated objects/sexbound interactable ones.

Which is honestly surprising that no one had the idea to do it. its been  a few years ya know haha. 

So it seems restrictive bondage furniture is possible then?

Second question, 

How about restricting equipment like handcuffs,  is it possible for something like that to be possible to code?

With the theme of being functional of course.

And third question, how about accessing people's inventory?

And 4th question, stuff like leashes lol.

Edited by SaltyyCoffee
14 hours ago, SaltyyCoffee said:

Which is honestly surprising that no one had the idea to do it. its been  a few years ya know haha. 

So it seems restrictive bondage furniture is possible then?

Second question, 

How about restricting equipment like handcuffs,  is it possible for something like that to be possible to code?

With the theme of being functional of course.

And third question, how about accessing people's inventory?

And 4th question, stuff like leashes lol.

So, in order, responses would be something like this;

• People definitely had the idea, it's been mentioned before, along with mechanics such as capturing/enslaving/moving NPCs, which hasn't been made possible yet at the time, though now the "MOTH" (Matters of the Heart) mod exists, and it has the capability of moving NPCs between worlds...
  • Restrictive, maybe, furniture, most definitely. The problem is that Starbound itself is a shitshow when it comes to implementing certain things. The game even has hand-cuffs and a glue-gun, the cuffs are just a visual item held by NPCs during arrest (Peacekeeper/bounty hunter quests) and the glue-gun i don't think is even used. The devs themselves had no reason to limit players in such a manner, and didn't implement anything akin to it. Only thing close to it are the unskippable cutscenes...
  • 2) Mentioned 'em above actually. Is it possible? Yes, but not easy to do. And likely would cause a myriad of other inconvenient effects if implemented improperly. For example: It's possible to restrict the player from using items by setting their "actively held item" (The slot that is the cursor, not anything in your inventory/hotbar) to something that cannot be dropped, that constantly adds itself to the slot, probably with a status effect, but that would be a pain in the ass to code, AND may erase items in the process.
  • 3) The game most definitely has code that easily allows that. Messing with someone's inventory is about as easy as asking the game "do they have item(bread)? If yes, explode". The logic is simple, even if the syntax is a bit complex.
  • 4) Collars and ropes exist, but coding leashes would be a bit... complex. Likely would need a ton of grappling-hook, and multiplayer-facing code, that i haven't seen yet. Closest i've seen is making grappling hooks that work on other entities/attach to players/NPCs/monsters. Shoggoth mod has a working hook that does that, but even then it's not perfect, and the RPG growth mod breaks it somehow.

Hope those answers are satisfactory!

13 hours ago, SaltyyCoffee said:

Also, To be honest with you. I cannot code for the life of me haha. so I'm asking if these things are possible, if they are, I'm gonna wanna try to find someone to commission to make the mod for me.

And yeah, that's kind of the main stopping point for most people interested in that content; Nobody can/wants to/can afford coding it.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

So, in order, responses would be something like this;

• People definitely had the idea, it's been mentioned before, along with mechanics such as capturing/enslaving/moving NPCs, which hasn't been made possible yet at the time, though now the "MOTH" (Matters of the Heart) mod exists, and it has the capability of moving NPCs between worlds...
  • Restrictive, maybe, furniture, most definitely. The problem is that Starbound itself is a shitshow when it comes to implementing certain things. The game even has hand-cuffs and a glue-gun, the cuffs are just a visual item held by NPCs during arrest (Peacekeeper/bounty hunter quests) and the glue-gun i don't think is even used. The devs themselves had no reason to limit players in such a manner, and didn't implement anything akin to it. Only thing close to it are the unskippable cutscenes...
  • 2) Mentioned 'em above actually. Is it possible? Yes, but not easy to do. And likely would cause a myriad of other inconvenient effects if implemented improperly. For example: It's possible to restrict the player from using items by setting their "actively held item" (The slot that is the cursor, not anything in your inventory/hotbar) to something that cannot be dropped, that constantly adds itself to the slot, probably with a status effect, but that would be a pain in the ass to code, AND may erase items in the process.
  • 3) The game most definitely has code that easily allows that. Messing with someone's inventory is about as easy as asking the game "do they have item(bread)? If yes, explode". The logic is simple, even if the syntax is a bit complex.
  • 4) Collars and ropes exist, but coding leashes would be a bit... complex. Likely would need a ton of grappling-hook, and multiplayer-facing code, that i haven't seen yet. Closest i've seen is making grappling hooks that work on other entities/attach to players/NPCs/monsters. Shoggoth mod has a working hook that does that, but even then it's not perfect, and the RPG growth mod breaks it somehow.

Hope those answers are satisfactory!

They most definitely are, and I'm quite happy with them.
Knowing full well that they are possible makes me happy.

Fun fact of a thing I learned recently from playing around with that tentacle mod last night, The weird tentacle monsters that you can spawn that will try to go to you, grab you, and fuck ya, is actually a vehicle coded to follow a player or npc to do that. which I found very interesting. Which all the tentacle traps and monsters cant be escaped from until they go through their course (or you beam up, assuming you have that option) 

But anyways, thank you for all this information, Now to see if I can find anyone who would be willing to code this for money haha.

Do you know of anyone?
If not, should I make a new post looking for people to code this, or try and do that here? I'm kind of new to posting on forums in general, let alone here.

Edited by SaltyyCoffee
25 minutes ago, SaltyyCoffee said:

They most definitely are, and I'm quite happy with them.
Knowing full well that they are possible makes me happy.

Fun fact of a thing I learned recently from playing around with that tentacle mod last night, The weird tentacle monsters that you can spawn that will try to go to you, grab you, and fuck ya, is actually a vehicle coded to follow a player or npc to do that. which I found very interesting. Which all the tentacle traps and monsters cant be escaped from until they go through their course (or you beam up, assuming you have that option) 

But anyways, thank you for all this information, Now to see if I can find anyone who would be willing to code this for money haha.

Do you know of anyone?
If not, should I make a new post looking for people to code this, or try and do that here? I'm kind of new to posting on forums in general, let alone here.

Honestly... I have no idea on commissioning mods. I haven't heard of a Starbound Mod Market, but i do know a few creators that do commission work like that, though, for adult content, it's a bit harder. Dunno their boundaries there, so i am reluctant to recommend them. Good luck with your search!

Edited by red3dred
23 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Honestly... I have no idea on commissioning mods. I haven't heard of a Starbound Mod Market, but i do know a few creators that do commission work like that, though, for adult content, it's a bit harder. Dunno their boundaries there, so i am reluctant to recommend them. Good luck with your search!

Thanks bro.

• 1 year later...

Well I know people probably have their opinions about vore, but I have to share this... https://github.com/Sheights/StarboundSimpleVoreMod/

It's a vore mod with a struggling system, both for NPCs (or another player) eating the player, or stationary traps (they are animated characters, but essentially furniture).  Someone with the skills to pick through this and see how they did it, should easily be able to come away with the foundation for non-vore-related bondage furniture that can hold the player, or NPCs that can grab and hold the player in animations.

I would definitely love to see proper bondage content in the game myself!

(And yeah, this is one hell of a necropost, but I don't see any reason it can't still be relevant if the right person sees it...)

Update: this tentacle mod seems to prevent escaping its traps too,

Not seeing a sign that this mod is open-source though (despite being built in the first place off of an open source asset pack release...  oh well)

Edited by alexbobp

@alexbobp TTPP is a .pak format mod, but as long you find a way to unpack it, all of it’s contents are available for you to tinker.

I’ve found a way to and have been working on it since then (currently a TTPP artist), main dev of the mod also encourages tinkering. If you are interested on it, I could send what helped me unpack.

8 hours ago, Spect said:

@alexbobp TTPP is a .pak format mod, but as long you find a way to unpack it, all of it’s contents are available for you to tinker.

I’ve found a way to and have been working on it since then (currently a TTPP artist), main dev of the mod also encourages tinkering. If you are interested on it, I could send what helped me unpack.

There's a program called "PAKit" That I use to open stuff up and rip it all apart. It's super easy to use and I haven't had any issues with it besides being kind of slow with larger mods.

Link for it: https://pakit.ibraheemrodrigues.com

Tutorial for how to get steam mods unpaked in the spoiler.

Spoiler

If you're using steam to get mods and want to get those too, you can copy the number ID of the mod. Right clicking the page and hitting "Copy page URL", then removing everything but the id ( Highlighted bit).
image.png.16744bb2d6f273ca4a7088482ca98034.png

After that go to  Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > workshop > content > 211820 
That last number is ID for the game Starbound. So you might have other files with different numbers from other workshoppable games.
image.png.4befdefc790ba806cfc480d69429b3d5.png

Click "search 211820" and paste the mod id, in there should be a file called "content.pak"
Copy that and paste it somewhere unimportant like your downloads folder just in case you mess something up.
When you do paste it into your downloads it might zoop to the bottom because the mod itself that you just pasted is old as hell. Just rename it and try not to lose it.

To actually unpak those mods though. Open PAKit, go to the unpack section, source is the packed mod itself, and destination is Where you want it to go to. After you've chosen both, hit unpak and voila!

After that youre pretty much done, can dig into the mod's files to your hearts content. 
image.png.911945e22064c6c1542e3a6c784a1576.png

Edited by TheJuanPieceisReal