Victoria 3 Mods

Alright there isn't a general paradox games subforum anymore so going to the most active specific one. I have already made a basic nude mod for Victoria 3. The nude models are similar to CK3, a little bit different. So they're not very detailed but it's just the start. It seems that actually they've changed it from CK3 where topless women are on by default, there's these little metal things they put over the nipples and crotch that I think require modding to remove. To do so go to the game directory, gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt and at the very bottom there'll be this

#male_prop_nudity_accessory = {
#    entity = { required_tags = ""                    shared_pose_entity = torso        entity = "male_prop_nudity_accessory_entity" }    
#}

#female_prop_nudity_accessory = {
#    entity = { required_tags = ""                    shared_pose_entity = torso        entity = "female_prop_nudity_accessory_entity" }    
#}

Except without the #s. You can copy this there or just add them yourself to comment it out, or just delete it.

Though by default the only naked characters are peasants, servants, and farmers from amazonian, nuba, and dinka cultures. Which are rather small and don't even have a country of that culture at the start. So to do that I've modified the should_be_naked trigger which can potentially affect every pop (not characters in politics)

should_be_naked_trigger = {
    exists = scope:pop
    scope:pop = {
        always = yes
           #OR = {
        #    is_pop_type = farmers
        #    is_pop_type = peasants
        #    is_pop_type = laborers
        #}
        #OR = {
        #    culture = cu:amazonian
        #    culture = cu:nuba
        #    culture = cu:dinka
        #}
    }
}

So you see I just replaced it with always = yes but you could make something more specific. This doesn't get rid of all accessories though, so sometimes people wear like an apron anyway and it covers them up but I think that's fine. This file is in common/scripted_triggers/00_clothes_triggers, and again it's at the bottom of it.

I haven't figured out how to get political figures naked without a very brute force method of just deleting all the clothing from the accessory file earlier. The gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt

And that caused one crash when I tried to look at king edward of Hanover, but most characters loaded just fine including Victoria, all the generals I checked, plenty of people. But because this is definitely not the best method, I wouldn't package these together into an installable mod until that at least worked better.

On 10/26/2022 at 2:14 AM, whateverdontcare said:

I haven't figured out how to get political figures naked without a very brute force method of just deleting all the clothing from the accessory file earlier. The gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt

And that caused one crash when I tried to look at king edward of Hanover, but most characters loaded just fine including Victoria, all the generals I checked, plenty of people. But because this is definitely not the best method, I wouldn't package these together into an installable mod until that at least worked better.

I just started playing with contents of the 00_clothes_triggers.txt file and i just ended up with commenting this block like this

should_be_naked_trigger = {
    exists = scope:pop
    scope:pop = {
        #always = yes
        #    OR = {
        #    is_pop_type = farmers
        #    is_pop_type = peasants
        #    is_pop_type = laborers
        #    }
        #    OR = {
        #    culture = cu:amazonian
        #    culture = cu:nuba
        #    culture = cu:dinka
        #    }
        }
}

and it made almost all political figures naked with some exeptions like Queen Victoria or Friedrich Wilhelm, it didnt remove any accesories like you said so i assume their clothes are considered accesories by game

• 4 weeks later...

I'm making a mod that expands on the Brothels one in the workshop, also borrowing some of Mange's CBO work. Makes prostitute and slave pops always nude, always female; breasts grow larger with income; starvation makes butts bigger. Many production methods to stimulate demand for prostitutes, e.g. Sex Trafficking for railways (which the AI usually chooses, meaning every industrialized country will have a small population of destitute whores turning prostitution into small amounts of opium, liquor, and tobacco), Corporate/Clerical/Government Orgies (input: prostitutes and opium), Sex Slaves (turning opium into large of numbers of prostitutes), and different Brothel PMs favouring aristocrats, capitalists, or clergymen.

It was originally for my own enjoyment, but it's too much fun not to share, I hope Mange and Der Große König won't mind me using their work. I should release a beta version soon, but I'd love some help with coding, for instance I still haven't figured out how to change the Prostitute pops' poses, make them replaceable by slaves, and maybe have a sex animation for the full tab view if possible.

BrothelsExpanded.jpg

2 hours ago, kearns said:

I'm making a mod that expands on the Brothels one in the workshop, also borrowing some of Mange's CBO work. Makes prostitute and slave pops always nude, always female; breasts grow larger with income; starvation makes butts bigger. Many production methods to stimulate demand for prostitutes, e.g. Sex Trafficking for railways (which the AI usually chooses, meaning every industrialized country will have a small population of destitute whores turning prostitution into small amounts of opium, liquor, and tobacco), Corporate/Clerical/Government Orgies (input: prostitutes and opium), Sex Slaves (turning opium into large of numbers of prostitutes), and different Brothel PMs favouring aristocrats, capitalists, or clergymen.

It was originally for my own enjoyment, but it's too much fun not to share, I hope Mange and Der Große König won't mind me using their work. I should release a beta version soon, but I'd love some help with coding, for instance I still haven't figured out how to change the Prostitute pops' poses, make them replaceable by slaves, and maybe have a sex animation for the full tab view if possible.

BrothelsExpanded.jpg

Oh my god that's amazing.

I might see have found where you change their poses. gfx/portraits/portrait_animations has the animations defined. In the middle they've got a

modifier = {
                    add = 150
                    laborers_clothes_pop_trigger = yes
                    struggling_pop_trigger = yes
                }

or something like that. I believe if you find the animation you want from them and throw in whatever trigger will be true for the prostitutes and put a high modifier on it that may work.

For replacing with slaves I think I've found how. Each plantation building is in a building group. Like

building_cotton_plantation = {
    building_group = bg_cotton_plantations

This building group barely has any code associated with it but it has a parent group called plantations. This parent group has can_use_slaves = yes

So I'm not sure where you have to put that line. Maybe it needs to be in the building groups or maybe it can be put directly on the building.

1 hour ago, whateverdontcare said:

For replacing with slaves I think I've found how. Each plantation building is in a building group. Like

building_cotton_plantation = {
    building_group = bg_cotton_plantations

This building group barely has any code associated with it but it has a parent group called plantations. This parent group has can_use_slaves = yes

So I'm not sure where you have to put that line. Maybe it needs to be in the building groups or maybe it can be put directly on the building.

Thanks for the portrait animations tip! I tried the building group solution above - brothels are in the light industry group so I put can_use_slaves = yes but that just means my food industries or whathaveyou can replace laborers with slaves, prositutes still cannot be replaced

Thanks for the portrait animations tip! I tried the building group solution above - brothels are in the light industry group so I put can_use_slaves = yes but that just means my food industries or whathaveyou can replace laborers with slaves, prositutes still cannot be replaced

Well first you make a new building group for the brothels so you're not affecting other buildings. I just noticed at the top of building_groups is an explanation of the settings and that one has

# can_use_slaves = yes/no                Default no, setting yes enables slavery for all contained buildings and groups

buildings files don't have that at the top but instead have it in _buildings.info where we can find something that as far as I can see is only used on subsistence farms for vanilla buildings.

slaves_role = pop_type_key                          # defines which pop type should slaves work as. Defaults to DEFAULT_POP_TYPE.

If we can look at subsistence farms we can find it used like this

slaves_role = peasants

So if you put slaves_role = prostitutes on the brothels then that should allow them to work as such.

3 hours ago, kearns said:

Oh also I just realized what I described for the animations would end up removing the animations for whoever else is supposed to have them. So you'd want to make a second modifier rather than just add to the existing one. Like this.

modifier = {
                    add = 150
                }

modifier = {
                    add = 900
                    prostitute = yes
                }

13 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Oh also I just realized what I described for the animations would end up removing the animations for whoever else is supposed to have them. So you'd want to make a second modifier rather than just add to the existing one. Like this.

modifier = {
                    add = 150
                }

modifier = {
                    add = 900
                    prostitute = yes
                }

Thanks again. Prostitutes can now be replaced by slaves, but I still can't wrap my head around animations. I added a prostitute_pop_clothes_trigger and used it in a separate modifier for parasol animations, but they still use default poses.

10 hours ago, kearns said:

Thanks again. Prostitutes can now be replaced by slaves, but I still can't wrap my head around animations. I added a prostitute_pop_clothes_trigger and used it in a separate modifier for parasol animations, but they still use default poses.

I don't know. I've gone looking around but I can't find anything else. My only idea left is to check whether the pops that are supposed to have that animation still have it. So wealthy europeans. If none do then maybe something else broke.

Well that was it but I was just wondering about those wealthy europeans. To my knowledge it's actually only female wealthy europeans which means there must be something else determining that. I noticed the animations are divided into male and female ones. The parasol is actually the first one on the female list. However it's also on the male list. So, I still don't know what's preventing men from using the parasol animation, but you may have put the trigger onto the male parasol animation and that may be the issue.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:03 AM, whateverdontcare said:

I don't know. I've gone looking around but I can't find anything else. My only idea left is to check whether the pops that are supposed to have that animation still have it. So wealthy europeans. If none do then maybe something else broke.

Well that was it but I was just wondering about those wealthy europeans. To my knowledge it's actually only female wealthy europeans which means there must be something else determining that. I noticed the animations are divided into male and female ones. The parasol is actually the first one on the female list. However it's also on the male list. So, I still don't know what's preventing men from using the parasol animation, but you may have put the trigger onto the male parasol animation and that may be the issue.

Whatever I did completely broke clothing, everyone was wearing British Military uniforms, but I was changing multiple things at a time so it could've been something else. Breasts now clip through European clothing where they didn't before—I think this is more likely from fiddling with the portrait models, but I can't figure out how since I thought I put everything back the way it was. Until I learn how to fix it I guess it's a feature not a bug XD

On 11/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, dustbeen43 said:

I'm curious to see where this is going ! Good work so far.

Thanks!

Currently I'm still mapping out the production methods and how I want them to interact with each other, then playing observer games to see how it pans out with the AI. I want them to be consistent moneymakers for the players who want to build brothel empires while not making it so productive that the AI goes overboard and wildly distorts the world economy. I liked the idea of prostitutes replacing thirst for Luxury Drinks, but I felt the original mod was depressing those markets and especially the Services market too much, so I lowered the weights and spread it out among Intoxicants and Luxury Items too. Now it's a balancing act with the production methods so they happen in plausible ways, e.g. a market gets flooded with cheap hookers, suddenly its railways, ports, urban centers etc. start Trafficking PMs that convert Prostitutes to Opium, which is an input in some Brothel PMs, and so on.

Brothels now have two PM groups, Prostitution which can produce: Working Girls; Courtesans; Hookers; Slave Concubines; and Serf Concubines, and PM group Ownership which determines whether prostitutes are Independent or owned by Aristocrats, Capitalists, Bureaucrats, etc., and what inputs they use like wine, liquor, paper, and so on. Medical Examiners, for instance, uses Opium and reduces Prostitute employment.

I think Brothels are almost finished, but I'm still working out other production chains. Right now Sex and Drug Trafficking PMs are included in the Passenger Service and Rail Transport PMGs for railways and plantations respectively, which kinda makes sense but doesn't quite fit in visually, so I've been adding separate PMGs—plantations, for instance, now have an Exploitation chain where owners can abuse House Maids, 'Fancy Maids' (US historical term for sex slave), or engage in Slave Breeding.

2022_11_24_15.jpg

Should be ready to upload a beta some time this week, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why some of my brothel PM inputs aren't showing up while others are, e.g. this one doesn't show inputs

pm_brothel_self_employed = {
	texture = "gfx/interface/icons/production_method_icons/brothel_independent.png"

is_default = yes

unlocking_production_methods = {
		pm_brothel_working_girls
	}

building_modifiers = {
		workforce_scaled = {
			# input goods
			building_input_liquor_add = 10
			building_input_services_add = 10
		}
	}
	level_scaled = {
		# employment
		building_employment_prostitutespop_add = 750
	}
}

but this one does even though everything looks the same for both and the brackets check out in notepad++

pm_brothel_medical_examiners = {
	texture = "gfx/interface/icons/production_method_icons/brothel_examiners.png"

building_modifiers = {
		workforce_scaled = {
			# input goods	
			building_input_tools_add = 1
			building_input_opium_add = 5
		}
		level_scaled = {
			# employment
			building_employment_bureaucrats_add = 50
			building_employment_academics_add = 200
			building_employment_prostitutespop_add = -400
		}
	}

unlocking_technologies = {
		brothel_tech2
	}
}

Eventually I'd like to fix the clothing clipping issues but I'm not sure how—maybe nerf gene expression or change the shrink mesh, I don't think I'm skilled enough to make the clothing adaptable. I was also curious to see if I could increase slave SoL by increasing the maximum goods basket size in defines from 12 to 14, but they are still capped at 12 SoL

Should be ready to upload a beta some time this week, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why some of my brothel PM inputs aren't showing up while others are, e.g. this one doesn't show inputs

pm_brothel_self_employed = {
	texture = "gfx/interface/icons/production_method_icons/brothel_independent.png"

is_default = yes

unlocking_production_methods = {
		pm_brothel_working_girls
	}

building_modifiers = {
		workforce_scaled = {
			# input goods
			building_input_liquor_add = 10
			building_input_services_add = 10
		}
	}
	level_scaled = {
		# employment
		building_employment_prostitutespop_add = 750
	}
}

but this one does even though everything looks the same for both and the brackets check out in notepad++

pm_brothel_medical_examiners = {
	texture = "gfx/interface/icons/production_method_icons/brothel_examiners.png"

building_modifiers = {
		workforce_scaled = {
			# input goods	
			building_input_tools_add = 1
			building_input_opium_add = 5
		}
		level_scaled = {
			# employment
			building_employment_bureaucrats_add = 50
			building_employment_academics_add = 200
			building_employment_prostitutespop_add = -400
		}
	}

brothel_tech2
	}
}

Eventually I'd like to fix the clothing clipping issues but I'm not sure how—maybe nerf gene expression or change the shrink mesh, I don't think I'm skilled enough to make the clothing adaptable. I was also curious to see if I could increase slave SoL by increasing the maximum goods basket size in defines from 12 to 14, but they are still capped at 12 SoL

I think the problem with your production method inputs is the goods chosen. I checked the other production methods and none of them use liquor or services as an input, only an output. Whereas tools and opium are used as inputs. I've found part of where this is defined at modifier_types/building_modifier_types. Has stuff like

building_input_opium_add = {
    good = no
    percent = no    
}

or

building_input_tools_add = {
    good = no
    percent = no    
}

But no building_input_services_add.

There's also special modifiers for making multipliers instead of adding. As far as I can tell good = no is for inputs and good = yes is for outputs. percent = yes is for if you want it to be a multiplier. So potentially adding a modifier type

building_input_services_add = {

good = no

percent = no

}

should make it work but it's possible there's more to it because that is a very bare bit of code it doesn't even specify what good is being used.

The slave part of the defines has notes on it.

SLAVE_BASKET_DEFAULT = 8                    # Default level of consumer goods that a building will buy for its slaves
    SLAVE_BASKET_MIN = 1                        # Min level of consumer goods that a building will buy for its slaves (the highest of this and SLAVE_BASKET_SCALED_MIN is used)
    SLAVE_BASKET_MAX = 12                        # Max level of consumer goods that a building will buy for its slaves (the lowest of this and SLAVE_BASKET_SCALED_MAX is used)
    SLAVE_BASKET_SCALED_MIN = 0.5                # Multiplied by lowest non-slave wealth in the building
    SLAVE_BASKET_SCALED_MAX = 1                    # Multiplied by lowest non-slave wealth in the building

The lowest maximum of the absolute value or the scaled value is used. So it also needs the lowest non-slave wealth to be above 12. If it still was then maybe report it as a bug on the forums because that defines should modify that.

Edited by whateverdontcare
12 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

There's also special modifiers for making multipliers instead of adding. As far as I can tell good = no is for inputs and good = yes is for outputs. percent = yes is for if you want it to be a multiplier. So potentially adding a modifier type

building_input_services_add = {

good = no

percent = no

}

should make it work but it's possible there's more to it because that is a very bare bit of code it doesn't even specify what good is being used.

Yes, that works. Also mandatory for outputs if you create a new good.

For the specified good I think it simply isolates the good name from the modifier title string.

[good = yes] is there to tell the game if the value should be shown in red or green, percent is also just about presentation.

Here it is, I'll describe some of the changes in more depth later. Note that the AI will not build Brothels if you use Anbeelds AI Revision mod (which can be good if you want to corner the market), but they might spam Art Academies when Pornographic Film is unlocked as a production method.

Some things I'd like to add or improve on:

- female body blendshapes can get a bit too extreme, clipping through clothes even with shrinkmesh

- add male body blendshapes, dicks/erections

- add animations?

- possibly laws for legalizing / tolerating / banning prostitution

SexworkBeta1.zip

1 hour ago, StinkyBinky said:

the mod file is missing its just the folder?

my bad, I'm new at this. Where is the mod file located? I just zipped Sexwork Expanded from my mod folder, I thought if you unzipped that straight to your mod folder it should show up?

On 12/3/2022 at 6:48 AM, kearns said:

Here it is, I'll describe some of the changes in more depth later. Note that the AI will not build Brothels if you use Anbeelds AI Revision mod (which can be good if you want to corner the market), but they might spam Art Academies when Pornographic Film is unlocked as a production method.

Some things I'd like to add or improve on:

- female body blendshapes can get a bit too extreme, clipping through clothes even with shrinkmesh

- add male body blendshapes, dicks/erections

- add animations?

- possibly laws for legalizing / tolerating / banning prostitution

SexworkBeta1.zip 4.87 MB · 39 downloads

Hey Kearns Awesome job with this mod and amazing work so far. I noticed a bug that would literally remove the Government Administration building from the game so I did some digging and changed this one line and it seems to have fixed it. 

building_government_administration = {
    building_group = bg_bureaucracy
    city_type = city

levels_per_mesh = 10

tech_bureaucracy
    }

production_method_groups = {
        pmg_base_building_government_administration
        pmg_government_administration_bureaucrat_professionalism
        pmg_government_administration_religious_administration
        pmg_government_exploitation
    }

texture = "gfx/interface/icons/building_icons/building_government_administration.dds"

required_construction = construction_cost_medium
}

Just change the unlocking tech from bureaucracy to tech_bureacracy.

Edited by Hurtorc
7 hours ago, Hurtorc said:

Hey Kearns Awesome job with this mod and amazing work so far. I noticed a bug that would literally remove the Government Administration building from the game so I did some digging and changed this one line and it seems to have fixed it. 

building_government_administration = {
    building_group = bg_bureaucracy
    city_type = city

levels_per_mesh = 10

tech_bureaucracy
    }

production_method_groups = {
        pmg_base_building_government_administration
        pmg_government_administration_bureaucrat_professionalism
        pmg_government_administration_religious_administration
        pmg_government_exploitation
    }

texture = "gfx/interface/icons/building_icons/building_government_administration.dds"

required_construction = construction_cost_medium
}

Just change the unlocking tech from bureaucracy to tech_bureacracy.

oh, that's weird, I copied them from the original game files and haven't had any issues. Lots of other buildings are missing the "tech_" part, have you noticed this with any others?

1 hour ago, kearns said:

oh, that's weird, I copied them from the original game files and haven't had any issues. Lots of other buildings are missing the "tech_" part, have you noticed this with any others?

* A known issue with loading 1.0.6 save games into 1.1 is that the Bureaucracy tech will be "forgotten" and has to be re-researched. If you don't want to do this in-game, you can fix it by running your game with the debug console enabled in the launcher, loading up your save game, opening the console, and typing 'research tech_bureaucracy'.

Just noticed the new patch came out, thinking this must be your issue—new games seem unaffected, changing the unlocking tech in mod files crashes the game on startup.