Creation kit saving masters in wrong order.

I'm trying to beautify the Hearthfire housecarls.

I want the master files to appear in the following order:

Skyrim.esm

Hearthfires.esm

ApachiiHairFemales.esm

However, the Creation kit insists on switching ApachiiHairFemales with Hearthfires. I can switch the order around by deleting ApachiiHairFemales in the creation kit and adding it at the end using Wrye Bash, but then the esp won't load properly in the Creation Kit as I am updating existing forms in Hearthfires.esm.

Is there any way to get the Creation Kit to order dependent esm files correctly?

Use TES5edit and you can reorganize masters by loading the plugin and right clicking the plugin and selecting the sort masters option.

I did this all the time when I was converting mods in Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 to work for the Tale Of Two Wastelands mod.

It should work for Skyrim also as it's the same program just only for Skyrim.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this information! I've been trying to figure out how to fix a little patch's load order I created for a couple mods because the CK keeps saving it in the wrong load order. I came across this info after searching around for a couple hours and having no help from the Nexus forums (As per usual it appears.) which finally fixed my problem. So again thank you! Also sorry for the necro-bump but I really wanted to say thank you.

• 4 months later...

I'm reviving this thread because it provided the OP with a solution but didn't completely get to the root of the problem.

I want to work on a mod but the order of my ESM and ESP files are wack.

[CK load order]

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfires Patch.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

..etc..

[bOSS load order]

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard patch.esp

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfires Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

..etc..

BOSS, TESV and Wrye are all set properly. Yet the CK load order is screwy. I can't save a mod under that order.

I've done a bunch of searches on how to reorder mods in the CK but have found little save for this thread. And it won't work for me because TESV already shows the correct order. I found a thread referring to checking load order in 2 text docs [loadorder.txt and plugins.txt. They are supposed to be in AppData\Local\Skyrim but I can't find that folder on my machine. Probably a different OS. I'm on Win64]

Skyrim and CK are recent re-installs so there shouldn't be any corruption.

I can't seem to paste my mod list so I'll have to type it in.

Skyrim
Update
UOPSkyrim
Dawnguard
UOPDawnguard
Hearthfires
UOPHearthfires
Dragonborn
UOPDragonborn
Orc&Elf fix4TBBP
SkyUI
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer
Remodeled Armor - Dawnguard
Remodeled Armor - Dragonborn
Remodeled Armor - Underwear
FNIS Spells
Quick Start
Character Making Extender
Enhanced Character Edit
Real Race Heights
Bash Patch

From where does the CK draw its load order? ...OR...

How do I get my master files re-ordered in the CK?

Edit: Mods, I just discovered this thread has a "solved" tag. Should I post in a new thread?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived