How to change a texture of static object? ck crashing

i keep trying to change just 1 objects texture but it is crashing my ck, any1 mind explaining real fast how do i actually change the texture of a object? i tried making a normal map for the texture in gimp looked like it worked, but when i make a new texture set in ck and apply it to the static object i want it on it says it wont let me and crashes the ck. To explain further its a perfect circle ball and im trying to give it the texture of a planet i found on the internet i can give it just the texture as a dds in any slot but if i try to get it a normal i made in gimp it crashes and it looks nothing like how its supposed 2 without the normal im assuming.

this is the texture im trying to use and make a normal for

2k_mercury.dds

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 6:09 PM, malificos1 said:

i keep trying to change just 1 objects texture but it is crashing my ck, any1 mind explaining real fast how do i actually change the texture of a object? i tried making a normal map for the texture in gimp looked like it worked, but when i make a new texture set in ck and apply it to the static object i want it on it says it wont let me and crashes the ck. To explain further its a perfect circle ball and im trying to give it the texture of a planet i found on the internet i can give it just the texture as a dds in any slot but if i try to get it a normal i made in gimp it crashes and it looks nothing like how its supposed 2 without the normal im assuming.

this is the texture im trying to use and make a normal for

2k_mercury.dds 1.33 MB · 0 downloads

Even if Ck didn't crash, it would be a miserable result. The reason is the UV of the mesh.
In Nifskope -> right click on the mesh -> Texture -> Edit UV to see what I mean.

PS: The crash itself comes from the two invalid BSLightingShaderProperties in the nif.

Edited by Andy14