Some questions about modeling armor meshes

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a mod that will let armor/clothing get damaged, and visually update to a damaged version. Coding the durability and item swapping framework is straightforward enough, but I have no experience with modeling Skyrim meshes, so I have a couple questions about that.

1: I'm trying to use blender to edit existing meshes. I can import/export with PyNifly, and that seems to be working well, but when I try to edit textures they get messed up (see attached image). Has anyone seen this before? If not, what other setups do people use for creating meshes?

2: When I do manage to successfully create armor meshes, what's the best way to handle the high/low weight versions? Would I be best off using bodyslide for this, even if I just want to make them for vanilla bodies? It makes the most sense as this way you only create one mesh, but I guess I just want to make sure this is how other modders handle it.

Thanks,

v

blender-texture.jpg

12 hours ago, TDA said:

Textures or UV information have their size lost (length is twice the height)

Thanks for the tip. It looks like the issue is that blender can't save images to DDS format. I can't find a plugin for handling DDS directly in Blender, so I'll either need to do that in GIMP, or convert it to PNG and then back to DDS. When I set the texture file to a PNG it looks like it's working properly.