Sneaking

Med111

Slight spoiler ahead.

Time for some ranting. After reaching 100 in Sneak and getting all it's perks, I gotta say that sneaking in Skyrim is totally broken. There are situations, when I can walk in front of my enemies, literally 2 meters away in bright light, and they don't see me at all. I can sneak attack them in their face. Also there are situations, when enemies start searching for me, even if I'm behind them, in the shadows, in enhanced light armor and muffled movement. I never know what to expect, I guess as a Nightingale I should leave it to luck given by Nocturnal :rolleyes:

Seriously, screwing sneaking this much counts as an achievement. There are more things to it, besides broken sneaking: slithering throat is random, Throw Shout is useless, because enemies always are searching in your direction, PC screams loud while doing sneak power attack and noone even notices, rolling can be spammed and used like sprint...

I still enjoy playing sneaky character though. It's playable, but I'd give it 4/10.

I read something about that: it's seems that, as usual in TES, characters/monsters have a psychic field of view.

That will be corrected later in a mod I suppose...

(BTW, related to that, I came across a thread, where someone complained that, when he tried to steal, he was denounced by a chicken :D... that one made my day ^^ )

I could swear somewhere in the game maybe in the sneak skill descriptions or loading screen cards they mention that a highly skilled sneaker (lol) can sneak in broad daylight so I don't see how it was a surprise. On a positive note at least they don't automatically know where you are if your hiding behind a wall and shoot somebody in the eye with an arrow.

And the variable detection system means that it's possible, with care, to lure single adversaries away from a crowd, clobber them when they're out of sight of their buddies, and then go back and peel off the next one.

There's this one vampire lair where that came in very handy.

(BTW' date=' related to that, I came across a thread, where someone complained that, when he tried to steal, he was denounced by a chicken :D... that one made my day ^^ )

[/quote']

I think that's not in the finished game. The chicken incident was from a Todd Howard interview, happened during dev and drove them crazy.

(BTW' date=' related to that, I came across a thread, where someone complained that, when he tried to steal, he was denounced by a chicken :D... that one made my day ^^ )

[/quote']

I think that's not in the finished game. The chicken incident was from a Todd Howard interview, happened during dev and drove them crazy.

Found it thanks ;)

So this was a joke!

[/quote']

Found it thanks ;)

So this was a joke!

I've got chickens reporting me for murdering them. The bounties are removed when they die, unless another animal witnessed it. So to be safe I kill them all.

Archived