Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 Mods

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your mod - great job!

I played through Trails of Cold Steel I.

As mentioned above there are regular crashes but for me they weren't quite as frequent. Also there never were any crashes during battles and I never had to repeat a
battle on account of crashes. Sometimes crashes announced themselves by the background music having stopped.

Strangely in Garelia Fortress and during the final events in Trista I had to uninstall the mod because crashes wouldn't let me get beyond certain points in the story.

I am currently in the 1. Act of Trails of Cold Steel II and haven't had a single crash yet.

It also appears to me that with your mod on the graphics are a bit smoother than without.

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, this does seem to crash a lot with the mod in CS1.  There are often warning signs that it will crash soon.  As schuft pointed out the music will sometimes stop, and I also noticed when you go to save the game shortly before a crash the save icon will be just the game logo or a black screen rather than the usual screenshot of the game.  Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing the crashes, or any fixes?

42 minutes ago, Dan297na said:

As others have said, this does seem to crash a lot with the mod in CS1.  There are often warning signs that it will crash soon.  As schuft pointed out the music will sometimes stop, and I also noticed when you go to save the game shortly before a crash the save icon will be just the game logo or a black screen rather than the usual screenshot of the game.  Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing the crashes, or any fixes?

There probably wont be any fixes especially considering that a game that I think might have the same engine or maybe not but a similar one Tokyo Xanadu, trust me I tried. Heck even later Falcom games when modded have some issues although not as many. All I know is that modding games before Cold Steel 3 makes it so crashing and other issues become a lot more common especially with what these mods run on. I am no expert so I cannot give any real explanation why but I can only say that they do happen and as such you either might not want to use them or just save more often.

Yeah, I've been saving a lot.  It's a good thing the game lets you save anywhere otherwise it would be unplayable.  I havn't had any crashes that are too costly.  I just save every time before I change screens.  And there are usually warning signs that a crash is coming.

• 3 weeks later...

I played through ToCS2 and the mod worked great - again many thanks!

Compared to ToCS1 the mod is far more stable, there is hardly a crash if you restart the game every hour or so, and I never lost progress due to crashes. For me there were 3 instances were I had to disable the mod in order to progress:

Spoiler

1. When Rean boards the Pantagruel

2. When entering Lunaria Park in search for Whitcomb

3. After the Final Chapter's boss battle, after the opportunity to save, when the story resumes in Trista - that one made my heart jump

Excellent job!

12 hours ago, schuft said:

I played through ToCS2 and the mod worked great - again many thanks!

Compared to ToCS1 the mod is far more stable, there is hardly a crash if you restart the game every hour or so, and I never lost progress due to crashes. For me there were 3 instances were I had to disable the mod in order to progress:

Reveal hidden contents

1. When Rean boards the Pantagruel

2. When entering Lunaria Park in search for Whitcomb

3. After the Final Chapter's boss battle, after the opportunity to save, when the story resumes in Trista - that one made my heart jump

Excellent job!

Glad you enjoyed the mods! I have no way to debug 3DMigoto. We did not write the software, we just use it.

With CS3 and newer, we have an alternate way to mod the game, with compiled assets (pkg files). Perhaps one day we will have them for CS1/CS2/TXe, I don’t know. Right now the compiler is not compatible, and it seems unlikely that it will ever be compatible since modders only have the one version of the game engine. (I don’t have it at all, and wouldn’t know what to do with it if I had it lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/10/2022 at 6:18 PM, untestedpower said:

All the girls have bath towels in CS2 for the Ymir hotsprings too, as do Elise, Alfin, Claire and Sharon. Not Towa though. So if someone wanted to do another nude bathing mod they could.

Would it be possible for someone to do this?  I don't really want to see them running around naked all the time but it would be awesome if they were just naturally naked in the batyhs.  Anyone willing to try?

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 5:29 PM, amorrow28 said:

Ok, as promised, small update to CS2 mod with nude Sara.

CS2_UnSkirtMod_v1.1a_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 3.5 MB · 622 downloads

This is for the XSEED North American Release.  (There is a more limited version of my mods for CLE here)

Press F1 for help, F2 to turn mod on and off.  Costumes will only appear modded in-game; they will appear normal in the menus.  See the first post on what to do if your controller doesn't work with 3DMigoto.

To use the nude mods, you will need the "Academy Swimsuit" and "Sara's Swimsuit" item.  You can get them via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

Enjoy!

is there any way to change which outfit the models replaces to the bath towels? similar to the person above I'd like to just see them naturally naked in the bath.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:22 PM, Gameskiller01 said:

is there any way to change which outfit the models replaces to the bath towels? similar to the person above I'd like to just see them naturally naked in the bath.

You can swap the costumes with ed8_inject.

On 3/24/2024 at 5:37 AM, amorrow28 said:

You can swap the costumes with ed8_inject.

So I've been messing around trying to create .pkg versions of the nude mods that just simply replace the towel outfits so that they don't need 3Dmigoto (sicne 3Dmigoto disables Steam overlay for me even when the overlay is still enabled). Tbh I have no idea if it's even possible since I have no experience modding these games or with Blender but I figured I'd give it a shot at least. I was able to identify the towel models by unpacking them with your ed8pkg2gltf then importing them into Blender with blender_3dmigoto.py. From there I then tried loading the nude mod into Blender following your tutorial here (your tutorials have been very helpful to me trying to understand the basics of Blender btw!) but I always get hit with the below error. Honestly though I'm not sure where I would even go from there even if I did manage to load them succesffully in order to turn them into .pkg mods. Do you have any pointers on how I could load the models into Blender and/or how to create a .pkg mod more generally, or know of any posts / tutorials where I could learn? Or is it just not possible in this game and I should stop wasting my time lol

Untitled-1.png.b8ea6cb5b6bc54621064db05fdf38d28.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gameskiller01 said:

So I've been messing around trying to create .pkg versions of the nude mods that just simply replace the towel outfits so that they don't need 3Dmigoto (sicne 3Dmigoto disables Steam overlay for me even when the overlay is still enabled). Tbh I have no idea if it's even possible since I have no experience modding these games or with Blender but I figured I'd give it a shot at least. I was able to identify the towel models by unpacking them with your ed8pkg2gltf then importing them into Blender with blender_3dmigoto.py. From there I then tried loading the nude mod into Blender following your tutorial here (your tutorials have been very helpful to me trying to understand the basics of Blender btw!) but I always get hit with the below error. Honestly though I'm not sure where I would even go from there even if I did manage to load them succesffully in order to turn them into .pkg mods. Do you have any pointers on how I could load the models into Blender and/or how to create a .pkg mod more generally, or know of any posts / tutorials where I could learn? Or is it just not possible in this game and I should stop wasting my time lol

Untitled-1.png.b8ea6cb5b6bc54621064db05fdf38d28.png

I do not know why you are unable to load the mods into Blender, but it looks like you are using the Blender 4.0 version of the plug-in with Blender 2.93, which are not compatible.  Right now the current version of the plug-in is not suitable for use.  Either way, PKG mods are not possible in CS1 and CS2, unfortunately.  We do not have a compatible compiler.

Edited by amorrow28
Posted (edited)

AI_upscaled_CS2.png.c6c1a59a0bbe292e494b646d3df90d72.png

Here is a small update to the CS1 and CS2 (and Tokyo Xanadu eX+) mods.  A fellow modder taught me how to clean up textures with AI, so this is a cleaned version of the nude texture.  Replace 00.dds in the Mods/Nude Mod folder with this file.

00.dds

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28