Piercing removes body armor ?¿?

Bayman

Hey everyone...

I have a problem with these nice looking Elwin-piercings. I hope somebody can explain this? :( When I try to use the belly piercing, every kind of body armor disappeares. It's a pity, because the piercing would be a great addition to my mixed armor compilation.

Here some pics to explain, what's the problem. (click thumbs to enlarge)

iojme9gu.jpg diaoll7m.jpg 9gqwkkru.jpg

Btw:

The same happens, when I'm trying to use the hot pans, that belongs to the bra from the middle pic. (one set of Brokefoots UNP Mashup Compilation?).

Anyway... I'm confused! :(

Sorry for my bad english.

i just can think its have same slot number so you cant equip both, but kinda weird i already have that and works with lots of my armors. I guess you got unlucky and the armor wich you wanna use already use same slot number of piercing. Btw try using http://postimg.org/ for pics, its way better, less ads

Thanks for your answer.

Slot numbers, hmm? It would be interesting, how many slot numbers are available for clothing. Is there a way to change a slot number via editor?

Btw: Can you recommend some tops, which are working with the belly-piercing or make a test with the lady of death-armor (to see, if it disappears on your character)

I really want to solve this "problem".

...I don't get any ads at dirictupload.net and I have an account there to upload my pics in albums. Thats why I use it.

OK, sorry. You're right.

I could change the slot for the piercing

from

52 - pelvis secondary or undergarment

to

55 - face alternate or jewelry

or

60 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)

In both cases (55 & 60) no other clothes disappeared BUT my armor-value dropped by ca. 100 points (from 488 to 390) when I equipped the piercing!?! No other clothes were unequipped.

When I unequip my vulcan glas helmet, the value drops to 351. After this, the value doesn't drops further when I equip the piercing. I don't get it! <_<

OK, sorry. You're right.

I could change the slot for the piercing

from

52 - pelvis secondary or undergarment

to

55 - face alternate or jewelry

or

60 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)

In both cases (55 & 60) no other clothes disappeared BUT my armor-value dropped by ca. 100 points (from 488 to 390) when I equipped the piercing!?! No other clothes were unequipped.

When I unequip my vulcan glas helmet, the value drops to 351. After this, the value doesn't drops further when I equip the piercing. I don't get it! <_<

Apologies, I sounded rude.

Well this is getting interesting. I modified my post everytime I would see a error in my understanding...

However, by looking at your SSs I recognize at least a default of 49(x6) of Temptress wearables and the helmet with the armor value of 40. So the other option(s) is/are the 2... cuirass? armor?... Whatever you call it, that piece of clothing that occupies slot 52.

We're going to ignore the Fragment of Gauldurs Amulet since it has no armor value whatsoever

So lets do the calculations:

Lets just start with the combination of the default Temptress wearables and the helmet... They total up to 334.

If we add Vicky's Bra, the value will sum up to 383, and if we add up Lady of Death UNP the sum will be 393. 

So in the first place the reason why you have an armor value of 488 is from the benefit of the "Well Fitted" perk. So in conclusion there is something in the piercings property that disrupts the effect of that specific perk.

Well, I tried another piercing pack and newmillers piercings working fine! I can wear navel and all the other piercings without losing any other armor parts or armor values!

But something is going wrong. I downloaded these Cosplay - UNP Pack  and I can't wear the panties & corset (Shadows of the Damned - Sexy Paula Outfit) at the same time. This is strange! :angry:

I haven't tried the mod you linked, but by seeing the clothes listed I assume that the panties you mention are from another mod. You must remind yourself that in Skyrim theres something called a "slot". So individual wearables are assigned to each slot. Its like a function I guess, since each x's can have multiple y's but on the opposite, there can only be one x for a y. To make explanations simple, just because the clothes look different in the appearance doesn't mean that they necessarily are assigned to a different slot.

Also recently I fixed a problem that made my game unplayable. However I wanted to say that by scanning through the vanilla perk tree, I was able to realize another perk called Custom Fit. Which also confuses me more because as UESP says:

"A Set is Matching if the four pieces of worn armor (armor, helmet, gloves, boots) are of the same type. Shields of all types match all armor."

I can guess that there's a value in the esp that causes your problem. But first it would be better to know the link of the piercing's esp you have, and the mods you use that alter the vanilla perk tree (e.g. Skyre).

In the mean time I won't be replying anymore. I'm starting to feel that this is a simple problem, easily solvable with the necessary tools at your disposal. You just gotta start thinking logically.

Archived