Flawns Vanilla Argonians Textures for ERF Horse Penis Redux SSE

15 hours ago, donnerwetter said:

Did you make these textures completely by hand? Horse Penis Redux never got a helpful .blend file to assist with texture baking.

If you are asking if I did them in Photoshop or similar, I didn't. The techique of texture blending via Blender is universal and can be used with any mesh.

3 hours ago, slimmy-crimbo said:

If you are asking if I did them in Photoshop or similar, I didn't. The techique of texture blending via Blender is universal and can be used with any mesh.

Looking at the example .blend files from EvilReflex and TRX_Trixter I would've assumed you needed a "bake target" image and the ones in those examples look weird and complicated and I have no idea how to make them.

Can you show your process? Horse Penis Redux SSE is a great schlong and I'd love to make versions for my vaginaless bodies but the inability to add texture support has kept me from doing it.

1 hour ago, donnerwetter said:

Looking at the example .blend files from EvilReflex and TRX_Trixter I would've assumed you needed a "bake target" image and the ones in those examples look weird and complicated and I have no idea how to make them.

Can you show your process? Horse Penis Redux SSE is a great schlong and I'd love to make versions for my vaginaless bodies but the inability to add texture support has kept me from doing it.

Do you want the .blend file?

13 minutes ago, donnerwetter said:

Thank you so much! I've been wanting to do more stuff with Horse Penis Redux but being limited to the Fair Skin textures it came with has forced me to essentially abandon it. Looks like I have another project to add to the pile ?

10 minutes ago, pinkfluf said:

Hi

Do you have blend files for trx futa & horse I can borrow? thanks

The .blend file works for any body and any schlong (assuming they are built for each other).
For meshes, you need to export your body and schlong meshes into something Blender can read (Bodyslide and NikSkope can export .OBJ).
For textures, I recommend converting them from .DDS to .PNG, as Blender will have an easier time reading them. This is easily done with Intel Texture Works plugin.

After that, import the import the body mesh and the schlong mesh. Assign the relevant materials to them, and load their textures into the relevant nodes, then you can do your baking as usual.
NOTE: The exported meshes may have their UVs flipped on the Y axis. To fix this, scale the UVs by -1 on the Y axis, using (0, 0) as your origin, and then move it up by 1 on the Y axis.

Edited by slimmy-crimbo
5 minutes ago, slimmy-crimbo said:

The .blend file works for any body and any schlong (assuming they are built for each other).
For meshes, you need to export your body and schlong meshes into something Blender can read (Bodyslide and NikSkope can export .OBJ).
For textures, I recommend converting them from .DDS to .PNG, as Blender will have an easier time reading them. This is easily done with Intel Texture Works plugin.

After that, import the import the body mesh and the schlong mesh. Assign the relevant materials to them, and load their textures into the relevant nodes, then you can do your baking as usual.

With this plugin, you can import and export Skyrim SE .nifs directly to and from Blender:

https://github.com/BadDogSkyrim/PyNifly

I also use paint.net for my .png to .dds conversions (and vice versa) since it can natively handle the compression formats SE uses.

Did you make the .blend file from scratch? It doesn't look like it's based on the one EvilReflex made like the others. I appreciate the documentation on it

6 minutes ago, slimmy-crimbo said:

I'm using paint.net (don't have photoshop :( ), when I import my pngs into blender (either with trx blend or erf blend) the transparency is black. I guess I'll keep chugging at it. thanks anyway. :)

3 minutes ago, donnerwetter said:

Did you make the .blend file from scratch? It doesn't look like it's based on the one EvilReflex made like the others. I appreciate the documentation on it

These .blend files are based off of EvilReFlex's, I just added some built in comments.

5 minutes ago, pinkfluf said:

I'm using paint.net (don't have photoshop :( ), when I import my pngs into blender (either with trx blend or erf blend) the transparency is black. I guess I'll keep chugging at it. thanks anyway. :)

I'm not aware of the transparency channels being used for anything in the original .DDS files, so it shouldn't matter.

9 minutes ago, donnerwetter said:

With this plugin, you can import and export Skyrim SE .nifs directly to and from Blender:

https://github.com/BadDogSkyrim/PyNifly

I also use paint.net for my .png to .dds conversions (and vice versa) since it can natively handle the compression formats SE uses.

Do you have tried the PyNifly with the version 3.2.1? I tried it yesterday and it did not work for me (infinite loading crash). BadDog explicitly says, it is for 3.0 though. It was just one file and i was too lazy to install 3.0.

Edited by monty359
4 minutes ago, slimmy-crimbo said:

These .blend files are based off of EvilReFlex's, I just added some built in comments.

I'm not aware of the transparency channels being used for anything in the original .DDS files, so it shouldn't matter.

Transparency can actually cause issues ingame- with schlongs, having transparent borders causes a black outline to appear around the edges of the mesh as you zoom out.

1 minute ago, monty359 said:

Do you have tried the PyNifly with the version 3.2.1? I tried it yesterday and it did not work for me (infinite loading crash). BadDog explicitly says, it is for 3.0 though. It was just one file and i was too lazy to install 3.0.

I only upgraded to 3.2.1 this past week from 2.9.whatever and have noticed no issues with PyNifly ?

Edited by donnerwetter
3 minutes ago, donnerwetter said:

Transparency can actually cause issues ingame- with schlongs, having transparent borders causes a black outline to appear around the edges of the mesh as you zoom out.

I only upgraded to 3.2.1 this past week from 2.9.whatever and have noticed no issues with PyNifly ?

thx, igues, i need to investigate more

On 8/5/2022 at 1:40 PM, slimmy-crimbo said:

For meshes, you need to export your body and schlong meshes into something Blender can read (Bodyslide and NikSkope can export .OBJ)

Hi Slimmy,

Do you have an idiots guide on hand (or a vid of the whole process (meshes & textures), I used PyNifly as donnerwetter suggested and I get a giant black body above the main cbbe body. :( thanks

On 8/9/2022 at 3:33 AM, pinkfluf said:

Hi Slimmy,

Do you have an idiots guide on hand (or a vid of the whole process (meshes & textures), I used PyNifly as donnerwetter suggested and I get a giant black body above the main cbbe body. :( thanks

I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, it just sounds like you need to assign the body material to your body mesh (and edit the relevant image texture nodes). And after that, scale down your body. Im not sure what the import scale is when using PyNifly, so you may need to play around with the value until it looks right.

34 minutes ago, slimmy-crimbo said:

I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, it just sounds like you need to assign the body material to your body mesh

Sweet, yeah I just don't know what I'm doing in that app :(

Some kind soul could do it for me but that's not what I want as I need to learn myself in case I change skins in the future. Atm I'm working on some follower mods but once they become naked my OCD kicks in and I go back to blender ...fail ...rinse ..repeat. So any help you can offer would be much appreciated :)

13 minutes ago, pinkfluf said:

Sweet, yeah I just don't know what I'm doing in that app :(

Some kind soul could do it for me but that's not what I want as I need to learn myself in case I change skins in the future. Atm I'm working on some follower mods but once they become naked my OCD kicks in and I go back to blender ...fail ...rinse ..repeat. So any help you can offer would be much appreciated :)

I recommend learning the very basics of Blender before attempting the workflow. It will help with many other things than just this as well.