zomg Bethesda finally made an efficient engine?

leddis3

I've experienced Textures missing once and a whole lot of crashes - Far more than both Oblivion and Fallout 3 Combined in just my 14 hours of gameplay.

However considering that Skyrim surprisingly looks far better than Oblivion in every way and actually runs better to boot I'm willing to be patient and wait for a patch from Bethesda. I really liked the fact that Bethesda did optimize it well.

I've experienced Textures missing once and a whole lot of crashes - Far more than both Oblivion and Fallout 3 Combined in just my 14 hours of gameplay.

However considering that Skyrim surprisingly looks far better than Oblivion in every way and actually runs better to boot I'm willing to be patient and wait for a patch from Bethesda. I really liked the fact that Bethesda did optimize it well.

I had textures missing a couple of times (some things purple) and it seemed to happen on extended play sessions (2 plus hours continuous). Turned out it was my video card getting a little too hot I think. I tweaked the fan speed higher and also did the LAA patch and bumped up the memory usage in the ini and haven't had it happen again.

Not sure which item fixed things (perhaps all three contributed) but my vid card runs much cooler now...:)

Also check to make sure you have the latest drivers.

I had textures missing a couple of times (some things purple) and it seemed to happen on extended play sessions (2 plus hours continuous). Turned out it was my video card getting a little too hot I think. I tweaked the fan speed higher and also did the LAA patch and bumped up the memory usage in the ini and haven't had it happen again.

Not sure which item fixed things (perhaps all three contributed) but my vid card runs much cooler now...:)

Also check to make sure you have the latest drivers.

Thanks I didn't realize it could be that serious. I will start with simply updating my drivers and then monitor my temps and see what happens.

...I don't see fire or ice breath. >>;

Also, they did mentioned that they left some glitches in on purpose because they were funny. The animals reporting crimes, the Giant's hitting your characters high enough to be first draft picks for a professional baseball team, and the thing with putting buckets and baskets over people's heads before robbing them blind and not getting caught are the ones I know about.

Archived