Skyrim Crashing on startup after exporting/importing all the mods!

Hi guys, like the title said, unfortunately I had to export and import all the mods before doing a restore on my pc. I had a stable skyrim with over 600 mods but 0 issues... the problem is now that I reinstalled everything and copied all the mods the game crash when I start skse with MO. And I'm not sure why, I tried to run it without it and it works perfectly so it's something mod related? Maybe I'm missing somethng that was in another folder and I forgot to copy?

I'm getting crazy trying to redo every little steps, but everything seems fine. It's not my enb because If i disable it the game still crashes. It's not loot, checked it and run it twice. Redone Fnis animations, checked with TES5Edit if I missed something but nope everything looks fine... so why does it crash when I start it?

Thanks anyway to anybody that will try to help me! ?

On 7/17/2022 at 8:27 PM, JosieLoire said:

Hi guys, like the title said, unfortunately I had to export and import all the mods before doing a restore on my pc. I had a stable skyrim with over 600 mods but 0 issues... the problem is now that I reinstalled everything and copied all the mods the game crash when I start skse with MO. And I'm not sure why, I tried to run it without it and it works perfectly so it's something mod related? Maybe I'm missing somethng that was in another folder and I forgot to copy?

I'm getting crazy trying to redo every little steps, but everything seems fine. It's not my enb because If i disable it the game still crashes. It's not loot, checked it and run it twice. Redone Fnis animations, checked with TES5Edit if I missed something but nope everything looks fine... so why does it crash when I start it?

Thanks anyway to anybody that will try to help me! ?

Install SKSE from the archive (7zip), not the installer.
Is the SKSE.ini available in Data\SKSE?

Was the archive Data\Scripts.rar unpacked?

I was using SKSE from Steam but I can install it again with the archive.

I have a mod that use the skse.ini (For lazy users lol) and it has not been touched.

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

EnableDiagnostics=1

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

With this inside.

As for the last question I'm not sure what you mean, I had to copy all of these? Because I didn't touch the Data/Scripts at all. Isn't MO that works with those?

1 hour ago, JosieLoire said:

I was using SKSE from Steam but I can install it again with the archive.

I have a mod that use the skse.ini (For lazy users lol) and it has not been touched.

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

EnableDiagnostics=1

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

With this inside.

As for the last question I'm not sure what you mean, I had to copy all of these? Because I didn't touch the Data/Scripts at all. Isn't MO that works with those?

In your SKSE.ini the most important part is missing - the [Memory] part.
Like this:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Right away, sometimes I can see the Skyrim logo sometimes not even that, which dll could be the issue?

I found out that I was actually missing the Visual Studio but it still crashes even with those installed!

And the Papyrus log shows this:

[07/20/2022 - 02:34:51PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[07/20/2022 - 02:34:51PM] Function GetEffectMagnitudes in the empty state on type Ingredient does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[07/20/2022 - 02:34:51PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 750.000000ms)
[07/20/2022 - 02:34:51PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

Edited by JosieLoire

I've been there a few times with this damn game. Oh, look at my jolly Skyrim turned into a fuck nuclear dumpster fire the next because all I did was x or y and now I'm living in inferno.

Will Skyrim launch with SKSE in MO if you disable all mods and start fresh with no loaded save file?  If so, I would enable a few mods at a time and proceed until you can pin point the mod(s) causing the CTD. If that is the case.

Yes I can launch Skyrim with no mods active and start a new game...

The problem is that I had 648 mods on this profile, trying to find out which mod could case this issue it's like impossible. Especially because a lot of these mods were merged in a working merge (That I re-checked twice to be sure it was working and it's not that).

What I don't understand is how is possible that the same load order that worked perfectly has problems now after only a copy and paste.

------

SOLVED: yeah I'm freaking blonde. Steam downloaded Skyrim in Italian while in the ini it's in English. That caused the startup crash with mods. I feel so dumb RN.

Edited by JosieLoire
11 minutes ago, JosieLoire said:

Yes I can launch Skyrim with no mods active and start a new game...

The problem is that I had 648 mods on this profile, trying to find out which mod could case this issue it's like impossible. Especially because a lot of these mods were merged in a working merge (That I re-checked twice to be sure it was working and it's not that).

What I don't understand is how is possible that the same load order that worked perfectly has problems now after only a copy and paste.

-----

Why is update red on Wrye Bash?

72b29064e547f444a078ab6507b9e67e.png

If Skyrim CTD at Skyrim Logo then it is a sure sign that a master (esm) for a mod is missing.

This is almost 100% always the reason for CTD on Skyrim Logo (before the main menu appears)

Sounds like you had a brunette moment. Amazing what hair color can achieve. I know, I was blonde when little and it turned brunette and my IQ went up.