Help with Texturing and CK

Hello and greetings!

First off, I know this post MIGHT be able to go into one of the other sections, but due to the object that I'm having trouble with, I figure it would be better placed in here.

Alright, on to my problem. I'm working on the 'Realistic Vagina's for CBBE' mod. The model that we are starting with is not a .nif. It is, instead, a .pp2 file, and the model uses .jpg's for textures.

Here's what I've gotten so far:

1. Converted the model to .FBX for work in 3ds Max.

2. Loaded the CBBE Body into 3ds, positioned the Vag model, converted to editable mesh.

3. Exported correctly positioned Vag model to .nif format.

Now, naturally, .nif's can't use .jpg files for textures. SO...

4. Load the textures into photoshop, save as .dds

5. Create normal map from the textures (Following Nightasy's awesome tutorial)

6. Use nifskope to apply the texture and normal map to the .nif file

7. Save from nifskope.

Here's my problem. I now have the model as a .nif and the textures as a .dds. I'm only testing right now, to make sure that the model shows up in game correctly. I decided I'll start off by making it an 'armor addon' and then putting it on in game to look it over. When I go to add the model into the CK though, it's blank. NOTHING shows up at all. I can't tell what my problem is. At first I didn't have a normal map, and so I thought maybe that was it....so I created one...still nothing. I don't have an environment map, and don't know how to create and assign one....

So right now I'm stuck. For some reason my model isn't showing up in the CK and I could use some help/tips/tricks to get it working. Being a beginner at modding, I don't have much of an idea what settings I need in nifskope.

If anyone can help, it would be amazing!

Thanks!

Aaran

Have you skinning the vag model yet ? and make sure you assign the textures for it while in 3Dmax so on exporting  it will have BSLightingShaderProperty in nifskope...and check the shader flaqs

and always remember about partition number, you have to set it according what body slot that you use in CK, or you can just convert the BSDismemberSkinInstance into NiSkinInstance which dont have partition number so it will show up ingame no matter what body slot that were use.

So you don't even get an error marker in the CK? Strange. Textures (whether color/normal/environment/...) aren't required for the model to show up, I've successfully imported untextured models in the past for testing purposes.

Did you also create an ordinary 'armor' entry in the CK besides the one for the 'armor addon'? That might be a possible cause.

If that's not it then I'm with anubis on this one in that your issue is most likely due to the nif configuration. Are you at liberty to upload the nif file so that we can take a closer look at it's data?

Very sorry that I put it in the wrong forum.

Now, to get back to my issue.... I have 'skinned' the vagina model in 3ds max (added the skin wrap modifier and then converted to skin). I do not know how to 'assign textures' inside 3DSmax, but it does already have a BSLightingShaderProperty in nifskope, so I assume that's all fine.

It shows up just fine in nifskope, textures and all....but NOTHING shows up when I go into the CK and try to tell it what model to use...

@Zadil,

Very sorry that I didn't see your message earlier today.

At first I got an error message regarding something with the environment map.

Then I did some tweaking of settings and things, got rid of the BSDismemberSkinModifier, etc.

Now I'm getting a different error message, as follows:

"Assert

File:

C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\BSShader\Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp

Line:806"

Also, here is the .zip file with the model and textures it in, all nicely sorted and ready for skyrim. Go ahead and take a look at the .nif and let me know what might be the problem. I'll keep messing with it, but if you can (anyone can!) let me know what's wrong, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Aaran

EDIT:

I fixed the error by removing 'vertex colors' from the .nif....but it still doesn't show up in the CK.....ARGH!!!

Realistic Vaginas for CBBE.zip

Alright, try the following:
  • Change the Alpha value in the BSLIghtingShaderProperty to 1. That's the source of your 'invisible mesh' problem.
  • Remove the Vertex color flag, like you did before, to avoid ending up with a completely black mesh.
  • Also, you shouldn't get rid of the BSDismemberSkinInstance. That's where you specify the body partition (which in your original mesh was set to 32, the main torso. Equipping it would therefore cause the mesh to replace the whole upper body. I recommend you change the value to something like 49 or 52). Here's a good reference for what body part.

​Let me know if that fixes things.

Archived