Being told i have multiple versions of whickedwhims installed but i do not.

Getting an error message upon loading saying i have 2 versions of whickedwhims installed under /mods and it may cause issues. I checked all my files and only have the most recent version installed. I tried deleting whickedwhims, launching with no whickedwhims to verify i don't have any other versions hiding anywhere and doing a fresh install and it's still giving me this error. Haven't actually encountered any issues in game yet. Wondering if anyone has an explanation for this or has encountered it.

If you have run S4Studio batch fixes with WW mod in your mods folder...you have broken WW! Turbodriver told me that in an email.

Take Wiched Whims out of your mods folder before you run S4Studio batch fixes...if you've already done that, re-download WW and add it.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:15 PM, Winter Soul said:

If you have run S4Studio batch fixes with WW mod in your mods folder...you have broken WW! Turbodriver told me that in an email.

Take Wiched Whims out of your mods folder before you run S4Studio batch fixes...if you've already done that, re-download WW and add it.

Thanks for the reply but i do not know what S4Studio is and therefore haven't run the batch fixes.

1 hour ago, brrrskkrr said:

Thanks for the reply but i do not know what S4Studio is and therefore haven't run the batch fixes.

Try moving all your Mods/CC into a new folder on your Desktop named Testing

Delete the localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder.

Download a new copy of  Wicked Whims and install it.

Test to see if game loads correctly now.

If yes add your Animations back and test again.

It's possible you have another WW copy hidden inside a merged file somewhere.

Edited by Scorpio
6 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Try moving all your Mods/CC into a new folder on your Desktop named Testing

Delete the localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder.

Download a new copy of  Wicked Whims and install it.

Test to see if game loads correctly now.

If yes add your Animations back and test again.

It's possible you have another WW copy hidden inside a merged file somewhere.

This worked and i just located the culprit file. Thanks for the help.

4 minutes ago, brrrskkrr said:

Did this and it launched correctly so seems you are correct and there's a merged file with WW somewhere. Any suggestions for locating it? i have a LOT of mod files and to add them back one by one to identify the culprit would be very time consuming.

This is why I stress the importance of organizing your Mods by folder Categories or the Mods Name.

When this is done you can just remove folders to narrow it down more easily than by single files.

Takes time but saves time later.

The bulk of the files installed are normally CC which are pretty easy once you get rolling.

Example:

Mods/1_Default Skin (only one allowed per gender)

Mods/CC Body Parts

Mods/CC Clothing

Mods/CC Makeup

Mods/CC Shoes

Mods/Control Any Sim

Mods/MCCC

Mods/NPCC

Mods/Red Apple Net

Mods/Skin Overlays Non Default

Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Mods/Wicked Animations

Mods/Wicked Toys and Objects

etc.

Just a sample of some I use although there are many more

If you can't identify what a file is for just leave it alone for now as you can check them later with Sims 4 Studio to see what they do.

It can also be used to see the files inside of merged files.

You can install your script mods back into game as it's not likely they contain merged files.