Sims have no face... but only when they are staff at venues

There seem to be a lot of different itterations of this particualr bug with a lot of fixes. I've removed all CC that could be the problem and it appears to have fixed it... for the most part.

The most common problem right now is that most of the sims that are employed at venues appear to have no faces, going into CAS doesn't fix them like it does with other sims either and I'm no longer sure how to fix it.

12 minutes ago, Annonymoose1212 said:

There seem to be a lot of different itterations of this particualr bug with a lot of fixes. I've removed all CC that could be the problem and it appears to have fixed it... for the most part.

The most common problem right now is that most of the sims that are employed at venues appear to have no faces, going into CAS doesn't fix them like it does with other sims either and I'm no longer sure how to fix it.

Other possible causes are broken No_EA_Lashes, CC Teeth, & Facial Sliders.

The last game update broke CC Sliders, Alpha Hairs, & Skins, along with some others too.

It's also possible some of the Sims have been saved with bad or corrupted data.

After removing Mods/CC you need to always delete the localthumbcache.pkg too.

You can try removing all your Mods/CC and delete the localthumbcache

Then load the game but only up to the Map Screen and do a 'Save As' 'Whatever', then exit.

Delete the localthumbcache again and put the Mods/CC back into game again.

It's doesn't always work 100%, and if you still have whatever caused it to begin with installed it might still show up.

Sometimes the only way to find sneaky problems like this is using the 50/50 Mod/CC removal method until the problem goes away.

Or removing groups of Mod files or folders a few at a time and retesting.

On occasion some crazy unrelated CC or merged file is the cause. 

4 minutes ago, Annonymoose1212 said:

It seems that the ramdomly generated Sims are the ones with no faces and even when I go into CAS and randomize their face they lose it once I get back into gameplay.

This is super frustrating how can I fix this?

Good chance it's something like a 'default' CC that gets applied to all Sims and it's broken.

16 minutes ago, Annonymoose1212 said:

Is there a way to undo the Studio Batch fixes without reinstalling all my mods?

Not that I know of.

All my original CC & Mods are saved in my downloads folder so I always have backups in case something happens.

But they are all organized by either Categories or Mod Names.

CC Hairstyles

CC Makeup

etc.

My Mods folder is done the same way.

I can easily remove those folders one, or more, at a time, for finding errors.

Plus I can limit batch fixes to one folder although I rarely use batch fixes anyway.

33 minutes ago, Annonymoose1212 said:

Gotcha, thanks for the help, I've decided to do a clean install of the game and actually sort my CC properly to avoid this in future.

Can you suggest what CC needs to be split into catagories, or maybe just take a screenshot of how yours is sorted, I'd really appreciate it.

Screenshots are a pain for me to get to work right.

But it's quite simple...

Mods/1_Default Skin Only One Allowed

Mods/Body Details (Like Wild Guy's Female Body Details)

Mods/Body Parts

Mods/CC Build Buy Objects

Mods/CC Clothing

Mods/CC Hairstyles

Mods/CC Jewelry

Mods/CC Makeup

Mods/CC Shoes

Mods/CC Skin Overlays

Mods/Control Any Sim

Mods/NPCC

Mods/MCCC

Mods/LittleMsSam 

Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Mods/Wicked Animations

Mods/Wicked Toys and Objects

etc.

I have too many to list but you get the idea.

It also helps to prevent getting duplicates later on when you download more CC.

(But you have to watch for version numbers because they change versions and now you have the same thing in two different versions)

If you find a file you don't know what it's for just leave it till last.

You can use Sims 4 Studio to check the unknown files later to find out what they are.

Then decide if you want to rename them or delete them.

You can also see the files inside merged files in case you can't find a bad one as they are hidden.

Highly recommend going bit by bit in your CC Cas items. I had the same issue due to Kijiko's EA eyelash remover, even after it's update. It's most likely a skin detail issue. Remember to delete the localthumbcache after every folder is moved and before starting the game every time you exclude a group.

1 minute ago, Annonymoose1212 said:

For example, I was planning on having a catagory like "gameplay" that I could add all mods that affect gameplay, or would that mess some of them up?

It could if they are Script Mods.

Those should each have their own folder also because it's easier to update them when needed.

If they are just package(Tuning) Files that change game play they can be combined.

I have a few like Beinchen's Misc and Misc for things I'm not concerned about.

But you can combine gameplay files into one location too.  

2 minutes ago, Annonymoose1212 said:

So Script mods should get their own folder for the sake of easy updates, but aesthetic mods like clothes or any package files can be together?

If you know what the package file is for it should be put in the new Category Folders you've created.

Some package files come with Scripts and they should be in the same folder together.

Unknown package files should be checked in Sims 4 Studio to find out if they're CC and what they do.

If it's not CC and you don't know what it's for they should be deleted as you'll likely never miss it.

Unless it's part of a script mod and then running the game will cause an error.  

Just now, Annonymoose1212 said:

Gotcha, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

:)

Maybe save you some grief in the future.

The most troubles come from downloading Custom Sims from here or elsewhere.

Many include CC, Old Default Skins that are now broken, Alpha Hair that is now broken, Body Parts that are now broken, etc.

Way too many to list...

Then you get other strange files like 00s.package or 256.package, etc.

I've even found old Wicked Whims & Nisa's Wicked Perversions files.

Plus some include merged files that have hidden files inside them.

It will be worse now because of the newest WW version and the latest game patch.

Double Trouble

Many of these old downloads haven't been fixed or updated yet and some might never be updated. 

14 minutes ago, Annonymoose1212 said:

How exactly does downloading custom Sims work?

Once you download it do you sort the CC into your own catagories or do you leave it all in the Sims own folder?

Sorry for hassling you, Its really hard to find info on this stuff

Some come with their CC sorted by folders and some are all just a big bunch in a Mods folder.

So you have to go file name by file name and copy them into your own Mods Categories in your game.

You don't always need, or want, everything they include.

I don't install defaults of anything, I have my own and you only can use one at a time of any type anyway.

Skins and Skin Tones don't always include default in the file names, I have my own that I like best and I don't want anymore.

Sliders, Body Presets, Body Parts, nope same as above.

If you already have Teenmoon mouth scale slider and grab another one from another author that does the same thing you end up with sims missing bottom or other parts.

Once you have enough CC and figure out your favorites you don't really need 30 different Lipsticks either.

Alpha Hairstyles is another story as I have over 200 I like and use because those hairstyles have the biggest impact on making sims look nice.

Collecting different Shoes, Clothing, and Jewelry are fine because you don't want your 200 sims wearing the same things.

Random Sims get added to the game and over the years I've edited them and saved them to my Gallery/Library for future use.

Then you have kids and find some you think are nice when the age up so you edit those and save them too.

Now, more information overload forthcoming...

The MCCC mod can be used to import your saved sims from your Tray instead of the fugly EA randoms.

(Of course you need a bunch of your edited/saved Sims for the Mod to use)

Next...

NPCC Mod (I don't know if this is still working with the latest game patch as I haven't updated yet)(It works in my game version)

This one stops all the EA random Sims from flooding your game and it will only use whats needed for Service Sims

Since some of us play with aging off we really don't need all those extra NPC's.

Plus we can make our own babies.