New Game Infinite Load Screen but Load Game works

Loading games works great but any attempt to start a new game gives the infinite loading screen right after the menu fades to black. The animated load at bottom right continues to work.

I realize there are certain mods that might cause this and should be disabled until you leave Vault 111 or your alternate start phase. Anyone happen to remember which mods do this? I disabled Gender Specific Skeletons as it will crash a new game but still getting stuck load screen. Not even the intro movie, if that's a clue.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

8 hours ago, theblindbat said:

Loading games works great but any attempt to start a new game gives the infinite loading screen right after the menu fades to black. The animated load at bottom right continues to work.

I realize there are certain mods that might cause this and should be disabled until you leave Vault 111 or your alternate start phase. Anyone happen to remember which mods do this? I disabled Gender Specific Skeletons as it will crash a new game but still getting stuck load screen. Not even the intro movie, if that's a clue.

You may disable all nods

9 hours ago, theblindbat said:

Press enter a few times at the initial loading screen after waiting a few seconds.

1 of the mods that has a message box pop up is Sex Attributes asking if you are a dom or a sub.  But there are probably a couple other mods that do this too.  I think the one from the nexus asking if you want DLC and CC items to spawn before quests are completed might also pop up before the mirror sequence starts.

Well, turns out it was a clothing retexture mod (yeah, normally that couldn't do a thing) but I had apparently used an older version of CAO and archived it all. Weird. I mean, sure, an older/buggy compression could cause problems but why only on a new game? Made it loose again and all went well. Things that make you go, "hmmmmmmmm..."

Thanks all for help!

10 hours ago, theblindbat said:

Well, turns out it was a clothing retexture mod (yeah, normally that couldn't do a thing) but I had apparently used an older version of CAO and archived it all. Weird. I mean, sure, an older/buggy compression could cause problems but why only on a new game? Made it loose again and all went well. Things that make you go, "hmmmmmmmm..."

Thanks all for help!

Thanks for checking in with your solution, but may I ask which mod was it that you had to unpack?

Protosuit or whatever the name of the vault suit multi-recolor mod is. And it wasn't even the standalone--it was simply a single recolor. Not sure why I bothered archiving a four texture mod in the first place. Some of the huge mods are great to archive but this didn't make sense to me.