Follower can dual wield but won't draw 2 weapons when i raise hands?

I'm kinda tweaking a follower, and she is an assassin, can dual wield and will do it in a fight, but on a regular day if i draw weapon she will just have 1 knife in hand.

I can't tell if the other hand seems closed around an invisible knife or it's just a closed fist, it seems there is a suspicious gap between fingers and palm to me.

Anyway both knives are visible during fights. So what is going wrong?

I checked the .esp and noticed in "non player character" section that there is an entry called "geared weapons" that was at 1, i put it at 2 but still no change

Talking to her about items it does appear that she has equipped only one blade, it's not "LR" on her "blade(2)" item

So maybe it's actually a normal thing of the game to not have the follower dual wielding? Or it's not? I never had one before

And in that case, is there a way to make her dual wield also when not in fight? I tried "equipitem" command but won't work

Edited by wattbatt

I believe that's just normal for Skyrim, as I'm pretty sure Rayya (a vanilla dual wield) does the same.  

I think it comes down to there being no "ready state" dual wield animations.  Not sure about that one...