MIssing buildable beacon

7I had a beacon in Sanctuary, but as always power was messed up so i needed to rewire it. After rewiring HR detected this as a new beacon and deleted it. Now i have no beacons and unable to build a new one. Tried deleting computer etc. No help. How can I build a new beacon, it says that it is unpowered but it is also missing entirely (so cant rewire it) and cant build new. Suggestions? 4753

I went to  older save (on survival its not fun) and tried to scrap the beacon and build a new one, no success. Pretty much I have the beacon now, but cannot power it, HR deletes it if i do. Cant store it, scrapping won't help. 

If I switch of the beacon, then rewire (from beacon to powerpole, it matters it seems) it it still gets detected as a second beacon. But then the console says that i have a beacon and the wire just hangs there from a invisible beacon. It works but if (actually when) the power gets fucked up again I will have no beacon and cant build a new one it seems.

I don't have Human Resources installed so can't help directly, but when I have problems like what you describe I usually resort to console commands. As I don't have the mod installed I can't say exactly what command, but I'd do the following.

1. help beacon 4

2. figure out which is the beacon belonging to HR

3. player.placeatme [the ID of the beacon you found]

4. use workshop placement to position it where you want.

As it seems like HR already thinks you have a beacon, I'm guessing that should work and is worth trying since you've gone through so much effort already :)

Edited by Karna5
On 5/1/2022 at 3:26 PM, Oggreh said:

7I had a beacon in Sanctuary, but as always power was messed up so i needed to rewire it. After rewiring HR detected this as a new beacon and deleted it. Now i have no beacons and unable to build a new one. Tried deleting computer etc. No help. How can I build a new beacon, it says that it is unpowered but it is also missing entirely (so cant rewire it) and cant build new. Suggestions? 4753

Setting in MCM where beacon will always work...even if it isnt there. For some, beacons are hit or miss with me in transfer settlements. So, I just use that setting and forget it.

• 1 year later...