Hoping that someone can help with this, at least to let me know whether or not what I'm looking for is possible

Is there a way to adjust the positioning of an overlay to get it to line up in the correct location on my character's body? I'm using Incaendo's Overlays with BHUNP body. I'd like to be able to move the overlay up so that it centers properly around the breasts. Here's what it currently looks like:

image.png.f48f5032d6b5890bb28c53774f046108.png

You probably have to manually edit the .dds file containing the overlay texture to line it up on the body. If you're familiar with GIMP or Photoshop at all, you can open the overlay in one layer and the body in another layer, move the overlay to the position you want, then delete the body layer and export the .dds texture. 

I have a copy of the overlay extracted in a new folder and have found the overlay I want to edit.

I have found my body preset in Data/CalienteTools/Bodyslide/BodySlidePresets.

it's an .xml though. 

And GIMP can't load a .dds

grr.

Couple of things, Paint.NET will work, or you can get a .dds addon for GIMP. The xml file in the bodyslide folder contains data on how to build the body mesh, which is not what you want at all. You want the female body texture, which is in data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalebody.dds. If you use some custom PC race mod, it will be in whatever folders that mod uses instead. The other texture you want is the racemenu overlay, which is in the folders of whatever mod you are using for it.

11 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

Couple of things, Paint.NET will work, or you can get a .dds addon for GIMP. The xml file in the bodyslide folder contains data on how to build the body mesh, which is not what you want at all. You want the female body texture, which is in data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalebody.dds. If you use some custom PC race mod, it will be in whatever folders that mod uses instead. The other texture you want is the racemenu overlay, which is in the folders of whatever mod you are using for it.

ah, that's where it is. Thank you.