AAF Wizard is unable to scan some actors.

• 3 months later...

I'm having a similar, but even worse problem: scan doesn't detect anyone at all.  In fact, it doesn't even detect the player.  Violate never starts the scene after approach scene, either, which I'm guessing is related.

However, Sex 'em Up works fine, probably because you select the target, it's not scanning for one.

8 hours ago, LooksKeen said:

I'm having a similar, but even worse problem: scan doesn't detect anyone at all.  In fact, it doesn't even detect the player.  Violate never starts the scene after approach scene, either, which I'm guessing is related.

However, Sex 'em Up works fine, probably because you select the target, it's not scanning for one.

Usually that happens if something installs an old ActorTypeData XML that doesn't include a RaceList for ActorTypeHuman.  Open the AAF menu, hit DEL until you see Admin, then hit Enter and open the Admin screen.  If you see any errors that look similar to:

image.png

then that is the problem.  In your case it would probably involve ActorTypeHuman.  There are some older mods that add new races, or add AAF support for new races, that have outdated ActorTypeData XML.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Usually that happens if something installs an old ActorTypeData XML that doesn't include a RaceList for ActorTypeHuman.  Open the AAF menu, hit DEL until you see Admin, then hit Enter and open the Admin screen.  If you see any errors that look similar to:

image.png

then that is the problem.  In your case it would probably involve ActorTypeHuman.  There are some older mods that add new races, or add AAF support for new races, that have outdated ActorTypeData XML.

Thanks for the help, but it turned out to be a bunch of [37] errors, and after uninstalling and reinstalling AAF 1.66 with various combinations of SEU, Violate, and animation packs, I reinstalled AAF 1.61 without UAP and with the old versions of Themes and Violate and everything works perfectly even with the updated animation packs.  I'm just gonna stick with 1.61, I guess.