Advanced Needs 2 - kidnapping issue

Hi! I'm experiencing some issues with AN2 and kidnapping (unsafe sleeping).

Once my character gets kidnapped, everything works as it should; however, upon interaction with NPCs my character would stand in 'surrender' pose indefinitely.

It happens when enemy NPCs (mostly boss NPC - the one player has to kill in order to retrieve their stuff) approaches player and hits them, dealing some amount of damage. In 20% cases the approach will succeed, but the other 80% of the time it will not.

The issue is that once approach has been triggered, the player automatically gets locked in the previously mentioned pose, and no matter what I do I can't get out of it (usually the approacher NPC will either get stuck or cannot navigate his way towards the player).

I was able to fix it by resetting input layers, but that seems to break the quest and approaches altogether, and as a result I have to load previously saved game.

Is there any way to (properly) fix this? It's quite annoying since it disables all controls and I can only open pause menu and console.

Also, I know the mod in question is quite old and outdated, but I still use it since AN76 (the newest one) isn't exactly what I hoped it to be (a lot of new stuff has been added, but some key features have been removed, like the ability to play with the mod on survival, unsafe sleeping, etc.).

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance and take care!

Edited by rubber_duck
5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Also, I know the mod in question is quite old and outdated, but I still use it since AN76 (the newest one) isn't exactly what I hoped it to be (a lot of new stuff has been added, but some key features have been removed, like the ability to play with the mod on survival, unsafe sleeping, etc.).

Honestly this feature has been broken ever since AN2 was released. I turn it off as there are other options for this type of scenario that do work.

9 hours ago, Olmech said:

Honestly this feature has been broken ever since AN2 was released. I turn it off as there are other options for this type of scenario that do work.

Yeah, I kinda figured. What other options are you thinking about? Mind sharing? Also, it's only the kidnappings that are broken, robberies work as they should (albeit robberies are non-recoverable).

Thanks for replying!

14 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Yeah, I kinda figured. What other options are you thinking about? Mind sharing? Also, it's only the kidnappings that are broken, robberies work as they should (albeit robberies are non-recoverable).

Thanks for replying!

Are you looking for more adult themed stuff or just a straight up kidnapping? I personally play with Assimilation mod installed. If you end up on the losing end of a fight and the victors have their way with you then you can actually be forced into their faction. If a Raider, then youre a Raider. If Supermutant, then youre a Supermutant, etc and so on. But if you are forced into an enemy faction, all the nice factions will be hostile toward you till you can get out of the faction youre in. Pretty damned fun really.

9 hours ago, Olmech said:

Are you looking for more adult themed stuff or just a straight up kidnapping? I personally play with Assimilation mod installed. If you end up on the losing end of a fight and the victors have their way with you then you can actually be forced into their faction. If a Raider, then youre a Raider. If Supermutant, then youre a Supermutant, etc and so on. But if you are forced into an enemy faction, all the nice factions will be hostile toward you till you can get out of the faction youre in. Pretty damned fun really.

I'm already using Assimilation and have set it up very similarly!

However, I'm asking about unsafe sleeping (by unsafe I mean any location that isn't a settlement or interior cell) - is there a mod that punishes player for sleeping in an unsafe location. Basically the same concept as AN2's sleep kidnapping, but different execution. I've been looking at AAF Dangerous Nights, but that mod hasn't been updated in quite some time and I don't know if it's worth it.

10 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I'm already using Assimilation and have set it up very similarly!

However, I'm asking about unsafe sleeping (by unsafe I mean any location that isn't a settlement or interior cell) - is there a mod that punishes player for sleeping in an unsafe location. Basically the same concept as AN2's sleep kidnapping, but different execution. I've been looking at AAF Dangerous Nights, but that mod hasn't been updated in quite some time and I don't know if it's worth it.

I am actually the one responsible for getting Flashy to put that feature into AN2. So no, there is not going to be another mod that does that and Flashy is more interested in making Disney mods anymore which is fine. I wish him well.

That being said, I have switched to AN76 even though it lacks some features. The new features it has like C.A.M.P., player farming, fishing eliminated several mods in my load order while maintaining enough of the old mod to justify it.