This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Hi!

Has anyone experienced this problem? It says "reinstall the application to fix the problem". I do not want to reinstall MO, I have a lot of mods installed there. Or can you reinstall MO with all the mods saved in place ? Or will I have to reinstall all the mods from scratch and install SKSE and FNIS ? Restoring the computer system to an early restore point did not help.

1.jpg

Edited by Jiglidjons

What version of MO is that? Seems very old.

You can attempt to reinstall MO on top of that installation (as a portable instance I guess).

If not, you can get the latest MO2 version from the nexus and move the following folders from your folder (the one in the screenshot) to the new instance.

• \mods
  • \profiles
  • \downloads

The mods folder contain all the mods you have installed and that you can see in the left side of MO. The profiles one has a few config files and the required info to keep your modlist (left side) and loadorder as you have them. The downloads folder will contain any zipped files you got by downloading any files from the nexusmods site with the download manager button.

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

What version of MO is that? Seems very old.

You can attempt to reinstall MO on top of that installation (as a portable instance I guess).

If not, you can get the latest MO2 version from the nexus and move the following folders from your folder (the one in the screenshot) to the new instance.

• \mods
  • \profiles
  • \downloads

The mods folder contain all the mods you have installed and that you can see in the left side of MO. The profiles one has a few config files and the required info to keep your modlist (left side) and loadorder as you have them. The downloads folder will contain any zipped files you got by downloading any files from the nexusmods site with the download manager button.

I doubt that simply transferring folders from the dead MO in the new installed mods will work. MO I have the first one is not MO2. Strange that no one anywhere says and does not write about this error, this is a serious error that breaks your MO completely with all the mods to hell. Just one day you sit down at your computer to play Skyrim, press MOexe, but it just, stupidly not included and says to you "reinstall all your big pile of mods again and MO too!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

3 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Actually no, you gave me the idea to reinstall MO on top of the old one and it worked! At the beginning, I had the same idea, but I thought that MO will just replace the previous one and mods still have to be installed from scratch. But in fact it turned out to be much simpler, just install MO over the top again and it did not even ask to replace the files, and just installed and worked immediately! (By the way, I used the MO installer at the beginning and now, I had it lying in a folder on my computer, I did not remove it thought fit, and now it is useful))))!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

4 hours ago, Jiglidjons said:

I doubt that simply transferring folders from the dead MO in the new installed mods will work.

3 hours ago, Jiglidjons said:

Actually no, you gave me the idea to reinstall MO on top of the old one and it worked! At the beginning, I had the same idea, but I thought that MO will just replace the previous one and mods still have to be installed from scratch. But in fact it turned out to be much simpler, just install MO over the top again and it did not even ask to replace the files

It's like your mods, profile info and downloads were contained in the folders I mentioned, am I right? If you move them to a new MO instance you'll keep all your stuff with minimal setting tweaks, if you reinstall MO on top of your current install you'll keep these folders, thus preserving all your mods and so on.

4 hours ago, Jiglidjons said:

Strange that no one anywhere says and does not write about this error

If I understand it right you're using MO, not MO2. That's deprecated and unsupported version. You should try to transfer your files to the current MO2 release, otherwise you might encounter new issues because of using a deprecated and unsupported version.

Edited by Just Don't
3 hours ago, Just Don't said:

If I understand it right you're using MO, not MO2. That's deprecated and unsupported version. You should try to transfer your files to the current MO2 release, otherwise you might encounter new issues because of using a deprecated and unsupported version.

I'm thinking of switching to MO2 and even SE, but I'm still hesitant. In addition to MO2 need to first install the framework 8 there is something and something else for its functioning papyrus like.