A little help adding furniture to animations

I'm trying to add the sleeping bags from fading signal's campsite mod to the list of viable animation spots for furniture. Right now, I just have lieto's animations installed for aaf. Everything else in general is working fine, but I'm having trouble getting aaf to recognize the bags when it searches (or other furniture I've tried to add in the past). I've opened up the campsite mod in FO4edit, and the form id is CampingKit_SleepingBag01 "Sleeping Bag" [FURN:49000800]. Comparing that to the in game sleeping bags and what's written in the "FO4_Animations_by_Leito_furnitureData" xml I've added the line <furniture form="49000800" id="CampingKit_SleepingBag01"/> in under mattresses. But it's still a no go. I realize that for each color bag I use in the game I'll have to add a line (since they all have different form ids) but am I missing something else? Is there another xml I need to edit, or a keyword or something I need to add to the campsite mod itself? Or is all this even possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by labwolvf
1 hour ago, labwolvf said:

I'm trying to add the sleeping bags from fading signal's campsite mod to the list of viable animation spots for furniture. Right now, I just have lieto's animations installed for aaf. Everything else in general is working fine, but I'm having trouble getting aaf to recognize the bags when it searches (or other furniture I've tried to add in the past). I've opened up the campsite mod in FO4edit, and the form id is CampingKit_SleepingBag01 "Sleeping Bag" [FURN:49000800]. Comparing that to the in game sleeping bags and what's written in the "FO4_Animations_by_Leito_furnitureData" xml I've added the line <furniture form="49000800" id="CampingKit_SleepingBag01"/> in under mattresses. But it's still a no go. I realize that for each color bag I use in the game I'll have to add a line (since they all have different form ids) but am I missing something else? Is there another xml I need to edit, or a keyword or something I need to add to the campsite mod itself? Or is all this even possible? Any help would be appreciated.

I think you need another xml that will point on your .esp, because this xml points on fallout4.esm

2 hours ago, Indarello said:

I think you need another xml that will point on your .esp, because this xml points on fallout4.esm

Thanks for the reply. That does make sense, but I guess my question would then be how do I do that and have it also point to lieto's animations? I would think the xml would have to be named the same (FO4_Animations_by_Leito_furnitureData) so it couldn't go in the same folder. The title in the xml says:

<furnitureData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
    <defaults source="Fallout4.esm"/>

Could I perhaps make another grouping after the last line (</furnitureData>) in the same xml with the default source instead the camping mod, and list the sleeping bags there? repeating the entire spiel? Or would I just add another default source underneath the first? Can't find anywhere to look these things up. Thanks again for any help from anyone. 

7 hours ago, labwolvf said:

Thanks for the reply. That does make sense, but I guess my question would then be how do I do that and have it also point to lieto's animations? I would think the xml would have to be named the same (FO4_Animations_by_Leito_furnitureData) so it couldn't go in the same folder. The title in the xml says:

<furnitureData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
    <defaults source="Fallout4.esm"/>

Could I perhaps make another grouping after the last line (</furnitureData>) in the same xml with the default source instead the camping mod, and list the sleeping bags there? repeating the entire spiel? Or would I just add another default source underneath the first? Can't find anywhere to look these things up. Thanks again for any help from anyone. 

You point to furniture from _positionData.xml

Not from furniture

4 hours ago, Indarello said:

You point to furniture from _positionData.xml

Not from furniture

I guess I'm at a loss. It looks like all the position.xmls do is show which lieto animations are available for each combo of actors along side the four places (mattresses, full beds, furniture (chairs, etc) and simple ground). They already point to furniture; that's their job, I think. If I scan an area, it appears to look for valid furniture first (comparing what it finds I THINK to the furnituredata.xml), then lists valid animations from the furniture it finds off those position.xmls. Problem seems to be, it doesn't consider the sleeping bags listed (that I added) valid; perhaps because of the lack of it knowing which esp they came from, as you mentioned. 

Either that or it's locked; I found a reference to a furniture search list in the aaf esm, but I can't find anything like that. AND I discovered a second furniture.xml that's almost the same as the first; no idea which is the right one. I'll mess with it and maybe debug mode tomorrow when I'm not too tired to think. Thanks for the help.

I worked it out. I did what I should have done in the first place; went and found an animation pack that already had support for modded furniture (Savage Cabbage) and just reverse engineered it. I did need an xml that pointed to the right esm/esp as you suggested, but it was a furnituredata.xml. I attached the file in case anyone else wants to experiment with adding other furniture. Just goes in the aaf folder. Thanks for the aid.

Leito_furnitureData_Camping.xml

Edited by labwolvf