Having issues with Oblivion game saves

Usually I keep only one save file of my current progress in games like Oblivion.  But I don't know what's going on.  This is the first time I encountered an issue like this.  Whether I delete the saves in game or from the documents folder, when I come back to the game later all of these save files keep coming back.  Three important things I should mention.

1. This is the GOG version of TES IV: Oblivion Game of the Year edition.

2. I'm using OBSE (current version for GOG).

3. I'm using Norther UI mod.

I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm trying to figure out how to fix this.  Anyone in LL encounter something like this?  If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

436705815_Oblivion3_24_202211_45_48PM.png.7c095a66b16923754b2cc321b30a58a1.pngCapture.PNG.59a1aa61b355ded69459beade7f5339a.PNG

14 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

It might be Microsofts OneDrive service backing up your Documents folder and restoring them.

How can I fix this?  I'm not sure if I did this right, but if I did, I checked inside the documents folder under OneDrive.  Nothing is in there.  This is fricking weird! O_o  I never experienced a problem like this before with the save files.  Usually if I had a problem, I would look it up, find the solution, and voila!  Fixed.  But I can't even find a solution to this problem when I did a search.  Well, any other idea of what could be causing this?  It appears most likely this is not the problem.

Capture.PNG.8114ab302aa3847a5b5c57f79efe7149.PNG

Some Cloud services have save syncing. I do not know if GOG has it. Its likely some service is doing it. It could be Microsoft OneDrive, GOG or some AV program or other program. You will need to find out which one is doing it. If it is OneDrive, then there is an article you can read on how to modify its settings. If you use some GOG software like Galaxy, that would be another thing to check out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

4 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Some Cloud services have save syncing. I do not know if GOG has it. Its likely some service is doing it. It could be Microsoft OneDrive, GOG or some AV program or other program. You will need to find out which one is doing it. If it is OneDrive, then there is an article you can read on how to modify its settings. If you use some GOG software like Galaxy, that would be another thing to check out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

Thank you.  This helped.  I found out it was GOG Galaxy causing the problem.  Just in case anyone else runs into this later, if you're running TES IV: Oblivion on GOG Galaxy, here's what I did to stop the deleted saves from coming back.

Note: Before I did this, I went into the Oblivion game first & deleted the saves I no longer want.  I also checked the documents folder for any saves I didn't want before doing the next step.  I just start the game up using the OBSE Launcher instead of the vanilla launcher to access the save files in game.  I would do this first before continuing on the next steps.

Next I opened up GOG Galaxy.  Go to your Owned Games tab.   Right click on TES IV Oblivion game.  Go to Manage Installation > Configure

Capture.PNG.0f3ef02f02fe4a4bf5a3a68a016c54a0.PNG

When you're here, uncheck Sync local saves with GOG Galaxy Cloud.  This should stop any saves you delete from coming back into both your game & documents file.

I double checked this before posting this up to confirm if this works.  So far the game saves I deleted didn't come back.  So if you're playing the GOG Galaxy version of Oblivion, but you run into this issue with the deleted save files coming back into your game and documents folder, most likely this is what's causing you problems with the save files.  Thank you Sladen2019 for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by ShadowRavenStudios

Thanks Trippy_the_Squirrel and fejeena.  The auto save feature I always avoid.  Never use it.  But sometimes I'll overwrite my save.  Other times I'll make a new save.  I'm thinking about making 2 saves max just in case.  I got too far into the game & don't want to lose progress.  I finished the main story, most of the guild quests, and finished both the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine DLCs.  Almost 80 hours in on my progress.   

....And thanks to a mod I used, I killed the Dark Brotherhood guild.  I didn't want a bad aligned character this time around.