How to edit bone weighting areas in OutfitStudio?

Select mesh you're working on (body/chest clothing), in bone list select breast bones, context menu -> remove from selected shapes.

Then leave only body selected and manually paint decolte with weights. Will probably take a couple of attempts one first go around, but its more of an issue of getting the right weights.

30 minutes ago, nilead said:

Select mesh you're working on (body/chest clothing), in bone list select breast bones, context menu -> remove from selected shapes.

Then leave only body selected and manually paint decolte with weights. Will probably take a couple of attempts one first go around, but its more of an issue of getting the right weights.

Thanks for the answer,
can you there again please elaborate on it, I do not understand yet exactly how to do that! So step by step I mean.

Allright: When you open your project in OS - you see something like that:

Spoiler

SelectMeshes.jpg.edf95e342223618975891ca60664d082.jpg

On the right - you have a list of meshes that outfit consists of. Leave only ones you need selected, you can check what is what by pressing an eye to toggle visibility. Fixing accidental weight paint is a pain in the ass, so keep only neccecery stuff selected.

Then switch to the bones tab on the top right, select bones (might be different names depending on what body you use), right click and "remove from selected shapes":

Spoiler

SelectBones.jpg.3490b79a9ee9a5995e76a51f6311007d.jpg

In bone tab, your default tool is weight paint. After youve removed breast weights from outfit and body, you need to add it manually where you want the bounce to be visible. This has to be done for each bone individually. Bit tedious, but not hard. Result should look something like this:

Spoiler

ResultsLook.jpg.cc22005e0a024449cef03191be59becb.jpg

You'll have to trial and error it untill the bounce looks about right for your body and physics setup.

Save project under separate name in case something goes FUBAR.

Edited by nilead

Thanks for the explanation, it seems to work when I test it ingame, but why does the weight that you paint on the body has different shades of blue and with me everything is just dark blue?

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.ed574c5728ddf1d75cb05b4abfc4d11e.JPG

Edited by N.Gamma

The more pressure or passes you add to the brush the heavier to weighting will be. Red=very heavy/Dark Blue=very light You can also use those check boxes to apply various feature to the brush. The fixed weight brush will apply only the weight you set it to and normalize will redistribute other weights on the same vertices you have edited.

20 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Thanks for the explanation, it seems to work when I test it ingame, but why does the weight that you paint on the body has different shades of blue and with me everything is just dark blue?

Brush in OS weight painting works by adding "weight" to vertexes (individual "dots" of the model) it passes over. Weight falls between 0 and 100, going from "unaffected by this bone) to "mimics its movement 1 to 1". Weigts are illustrated by blue-red gradient. A certain, and rather small amount of "weight" is added on each pass of the brush. 

To get a different shade youll need multiple passes, quite alot of them in fact.

You can adjust the stregnth of the brush in tools as well, but doing multiple passes is really a better practice. Offers that much more control.