Couple of NifSkope Questions

Happysparkles

Hello guys,

I am in need of a little help.

I am working on Various Bikini's and I am encountering a slight Annoyance, while granted I can fix this in blender (with the exception of re-fixing and combining the meshes to stop this annoying double/seam issue that often comes up from imported and re-exported meshes)  I know there must be a way to do this in Nifskope but I barely use NifSkope settings much.

OK The issue that arises is that I want to do this from nifskope (keep in mind I also want the learning experience), I want to add the ability for me the change the texture to the Bikini main part without affecting the string.

Now I've tried to add it and when I do this happens.

(I used Insert though not sure if I missed something)

When I do that nothing at all happens :(.

Issue Screenshots.

Issue1.bmp

Issue2.bmp

Issue3.bmp

Sorry for this silly question if the answer is so easy, but yeah I would appreciate any advice I can get :).

Thanks

Happysparkles

PS: Sorry if the answer is easily found, I searched but had little luck but then I hardly had time to play around with nifskope besides texture changes and small things like that.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but am I correct in thinking that you want to change the texture for one specific part of the mesh (the bikini) but for some reason the changes you do to the bikini also happen to the string?

If this is the case, try Spells->Optimize->Split Properties in NifSkope, then do the changes. I know I had some problems with this and material properties, it's at least worth a try.

not sure if this may help.  but when i was working with patzy's international bikini tops, i found that i had to change the texture file itself with image editor.   in the case of the tops, the horizontal bar at the bottom is used for the strings, and i wanted to change from black strings to white strings, so i colored the bar white at the bottom.  maybe the same is true for bottoms where a part of the texture is being used for the string?

R_g.7z

Thank you both for your Ideals.

Grime Reaper your method was super effective and actually saved me lots of time. I really have to thank you so so big time because you've saved me about 20 minutes on each cut of this bikini with just a simple two clicks. Thank you both for the input!!!

@Pringles, oh yes I actually made the Bikini and when I made it I did the strap at the top :D.

And I did it in one GND, but since I am working to keep mod file size small, I took the route of taking the colors into individual files so I can combine, I want to go with a color code. Bikini A's are usually it's own texture and for the most part B's and further are colors that are shared in the same order for the bikini's. :D. I think that was the issue too, is since I made them share the same texture they export as one.

I kind of originally planned to do each Texture DDS each time for each set and color but figured it would be too tedious for those bikinis that share textures.

Thank you both so much, both pieces of advice were very helpful :)

-Happysparkles :D

Archived