Bodygen and Skingen causing stutters or freezes

So, I am using Atomic Muscle skingen and bodygen. Its working great but I think when they are generating the bodies of the NPCs, the game freezes/stutters for a few seconds and then it becomes fine. You can't move or do anything at that time so its tough when near the enemy. I think I did everything right to installing the mods but is there any advice or anything for me to decrease or get rid of the stutter/freeze?

I use SSD for Fallout 4.

10 hours ago, ZetsuboSeishin said:

So, I am using Atomic Muscle skingen and bodygen. Its working great but I think when they are generating the bodies of the NPCs, the game freezes/stutters for a few seconds and then it becomes fine. You can't move or do anything at that time so its tough when near the enemy. I think I did everything right to installing the mods but is there any advice or anything for me to decrease or get rid of the stutter/freeze?

I use SSD for Fallout 4.

I dont have this problems with bodygen, you can try disable skingen to check if it cause you problems

3 hours ago, Indarello said:

I dont have this problems with bodygen, you can try disable skingen to check if it cause you problems

Yeah disabled the skingen.esps now to test quickly if thats the case and it significantly decreased the stutter. Will test more, but it will be great if you have anymore advices or instructions.

2 hours ago, ZetsuboSeishin said:

Yeah disabled the skingen.esps now to test quickly if thats the case and it significantly decreased the stutter. Will test more, but it will be great if you have anymore advices or instructions.

Well, if you need more info: disable all mods you have and check how game goes without mods. If game goes good - enable group of mods and test, that is how you will find mods that cause you problems.

I know that "scrap everything" can cause fps lower because it breakes precombines. 

Also scripted body bounce physics cause fps drops, but I cant play without bounce :D

but you can limit it to work only for player as far as I remember

46 minutes ago, Indarello said:

Well, if you need more info: disable all mods you have and check how game goes without mods. If game goes good - enable group of mods and test, that is how you will find mods that cause you problems.

I know that "scrap everything" can cause fps lower because it breakes precombines. 

Also scripted body bounce physics cause fps drops, but I cant play without bounce :D

but you can limit it to work only for player as far as I remember

Thanks for your response and help. Yeah I have been doing that and stuffs, but I think its because of Skingen cause I disabled skingen now and I will check even more. It can also be the 8K skin texture + 4k Face texture, which I decreased to 4k skin texture and 2k face texture now.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, smilyface said:

Did you ever figure out what exactly the issue was?

I have pretty much the same issues after installing atomic muscle.

As soon as I get to some place with a lot of NPCs I get stutters and freezes. Disabling Atomic muscle and all it's ESPs fixes it.

The atomic muscle got updated and the new version worked well so far that I have played but I haven't had enough time to test it. Feel free to add here any information if you have found out anything new.