Has anyone wondered that type3 and other variants like type6 and so on has been on quite a while but no one wanted to edit existing glove armor addons on the clothings/armors?

What i mean is for example you wear a leather armor , the gloves has a very visible gap between your arms as well as in first person mode.

Well that is because the glove model is using the vanilla hands.

They are called armor addons because when you check an item in geck. For example i made a new clothing/armor and make addon to leatherlist then automatically when i wear that clothing/armor i will have a leather gloves covering my hands.

What i need is to make type3/type6 models of all the armoraddons(gloves) to prevent hand seams.

If someone knows how but don't want to do it please teach me. I know how blender/nifskope works.

It's just a matter of removing the odd hands and placing the new hands within the mesh. After that it's just getting the armor to adapt around the new glove and then rigging the skeleton again.

Not that simple, look at the leatherarmor gloves vanilla, then look at the type3 smaller/regular hand meshes. How the heck i can place the new hands there? lol

I don't know how nifscope and blender work, so I'm making an uneducated guess here. I've noticed the gap at the wrist myself and may have a theory that people who know more than me can either confirm or debunk.

With the smallerhands addon that most female body types use, it seems to me they forgot that making hands smaller works in every direction. Was the skeleton point for the hands shortened accordingly? Because that is what appears to be causing the gap, the centerpoint for the modded hand is the same as the centerpoint for vanilla hands, leaving the gap at the wrist.

I don't know how nifscope and blender work, so I'm making an uneducated guess here. I've noticed the gap at the wrist myself and may have a theory that people who know more than me can either confirm or debunk.

With the smallerhands addon that most female body types use, it seems to me they forgot that making hands smaller works in every direction. Was the skeleton point for the hands shortened accordingly? Because that is what appears to be causing the gap, the centerpoint for the modded hand is the same as the centerpoint for vanilla hands, leaving the gap at the wrist.

This happens with both none smaller hands type3/type6 hands and smaller hands version.

Thats what i thought too, i said to myself maybe its tied with how the skeleton is setup to comparing the vanilla skeleton and the bnb extender one, they both have the same length that connect the arms and hands, so im guessing those lengths are for vanilla hands?

right? no?

tried earlier to mess with the vanilla gloves and repositioning them in nifskope and blender doesnt show result it will still be at the place where it should be but with the noticable gap.

Hands are nowhere near important enough to have multiple versions of a skeleton to support and confuse people with. Adjust the center point of the hand is my advice.

EDIT: Hmm, that sounded hostile even if it wasn't meant to. What I mean is the error is in the design of the hands, not the skeleton. The source of the problem should be corrected and that's the center point of the hands.

Hands are nowhere near important enough to have multiple versions of a skeleton to support and confuse people with. Adjust the center point of the hand is my advice.

Yeah i thought of that, means more work for pro people at skeleton editing :D

Wait centerpoint? do i adjust that in nifskope? sorry i have no experience in editing hands :P

Oh, I'd imagine after looking at the nif you'd just need to move node 1 (the NiTriShape consisting of the hand vertex group). The way I do it in nifskope is cut and paste other nif nitrishape blocks into the nif I need to position. Adjust positioning and then delete the nitrishape blocks I pasted to line things up. So basically cut and paste the body mesh into the hand nif, move the hand to line it up, delete the nitrishape blocks you pasted in. Don't forget to transform>apply after you've done your transform>edit.

A link for some of the nifskope basics for editing.

If you try pasting in a block from another mesh (like the body mesh so you can align the wrist gaps together) and the paste operation complains about missing bones, cut and paste the entire root node block instead into the root node block of the hand. It creates an unplayable nif in game if saved that way but you'll be deleting the block anyway before saving it again so it'll be fine. Basically just temporarily adding the body into the render window so you can line the gaps up and then removing the nodes you don't need after you're done.

Ok i get the failed to map parent link when i copy the body over the hand for alignment. Wait do i copy the root node block of the body? and paste it over the hand? and where to i find the root node block lol.

Thanks for helping in advance.

Well, something like this:

Find the Scene Root of the body mesh and copy the branch

post-2911-0-05626600-1372341816_thumb.jpg

Find the Scene Root of the hand mesh and paste branch

post-2911-0-43453800-1372341835_thumb.jpg

Resulting hand and body both visible.

post-2911-0-39928700-1372341864_thumb.jpg

You'll notice it named it Bip01 LFinger11 in my example. When you paste a new node, it finds the next entry in the txt strings list and uses it (which isn't what the node was originally named) so don't forget to remember what node it was you pasted so you can delete it. The point of this cutting and pasting is just so you can have the body and hand both visible in your render window so you can line up the wrist gap visually. The body mesh isn't needed in the nif once you've accomplished that.

Ok it worked :)

Its a mistake on my end.

A little more adjustment.

post-8123-0-24502100-1372375572_thumb.jpg post-8123-0-35552000-1372375581_thumb.jpg

Oh can i use blender to align it? blender has a snap feature which can make seams easier to remove. But do you happen to know what format do i export the gloves and settings? do i import the skeleton when im gonna export it?

EDIT :

Ok fixed. But its not an easy one. It acts like hairs in oblivion, the alignment isnt really tied to what you see in nifskope and blender. For example even though its not aligned in nifskope when you view it in game its aligned. Something tied to the skeleton? so if you check my fixed glove mesh its far away from they body, but when viewed in game its in place.

post-8123-0-85190500-1372377718_thumb.jpg

Archived