Have some ideas for adult rom hacks of Shantae (2002)

So I’ll start this off by saying, I am a complete noob to all of this. I have never made a ROM hack of anything before, but I also really want to share my ideas here and I hope for some feedback on those ^^

I’ve only just started playing Shantae and I’m barely through the game (literally only in the 2nd town XP), but I’ve already fallen in love with it ?

But I’ve also come up with some ideas for what a NSFW rom hack of the game could be like.

—————————————————————

Idea 1:

Shantae begins the game as usual, but rather than defeating Risky Boots and saving Scuttle Town at the start, she actually fails and gets captured by Risky.

She is immediately made the pirate’s slave/sex slave, but after growing bored of sending her on errands and using her, Risky decides to put Shantae’s powers to good use :3

The game that follows has you playing as Shantae, assisting Risky and helping her take over the towns, essentially being like some sort of tool for her in her conquest.

I think some ideas that work well for this are some looks into the whole dynamic of it. You could have a Stockholm Syndrome style thing going on where Shantae slowly comes to love Risky, and maybe she comes to embrace the pirate lifestyle ?‍☠️ 

Idea 2:

You are a Naga living in the Naga Valley, who dreams of your species having as much power as the humans do, with a civilisation of sorts, rather than just living wild in the wasteland.

One day while pondering this, you find a particularly strange woman travelling through the land, one who seems to be able to fight back with just her hair (this location is near the very start of the game, so she wouldn’t have any transformations yet).

Fighting her enough weakens her to the point where you can hypnotise her, and initially you intend to eat her (although vore would not necessarily be a part of this hack, it’s more just how Naga’s would see humans in this game at first, as prey).

However, either through making her talk about who she is, or by considering the power with which she fought before, you decide instead that this girl could be exactly what you were looking for!

Turning her into a loyal slave and servant, you then play through the game with the intention of taking over every town in the game (similar to the last idea, although much more in depth).

You start by taking over Scuttle Town with the help of Shantae and your fellow Nagas, hypnotising the inhabitants into basically slaves.

From that point onwards, Scuttle Town will basically be as it was for Shantae, except now inhabited and run by Nagas ? 

It would be a safe haven for you, much like as it is in the original game. Humans would serve as servants for all the nagas living there, hypnotised so that they don’t care.

As you defeat a town, each one becomes another haven. There could be plenty of stuff in between of course, such as rouge humans who weren’t in the towns when they were taken over.

By attacking them with your powers until they weaken, you can hypnotise and enslave them. Each human (probably just women, but men could be done as well) would become your property (and get added to your haram, and there would be a variety of options for them.

You can:

• Sell them: Humans can be sold as slaves to Risky Boots (the only human in the game that, for business reasons, the Nagas leave be). This is how you obtain currency in the game, rather than by defeating enemies straight away.

The way this could work (although it could be a very simple and open sale system) could be that, since Risky is also trading these people off to somebody else, there’s a sort of demand mechanic. Certain people may be looking for very specific slaves (aka a specific age like 24 or 38, and the closer to this age and the closer to other needed features, the more money you’ll get from her).

The demand would change every day cycle, and sometimes there would be bulk demand. If 10 day cycles pass without a sale, then bulk demand could be a guaranteed thing.

• Train them: Teach them how to fight for the Nagas, which will increase your chances of overtaking the next town. There is strength in numbers after all.

• Gift them: Gift the slaves to other nagas or species to boost your status with them, or perhaps to gain access to certain places.

These are just a few ideas of what could be done. The only slave who can’t be gifted or sold is Shantae, as she’s your sidekick throughout the game.

—————————————————————

So these are my 2 ideas. I’m really interested to hear some feedback on these, I really do think there’s a lot of interesting ways these could be fleshed out :)

Also if anybody would be interested on working on either of these, please do let me know. This could be incredibly fun and I’d love the opportunity to see these ideas become a reality <3

• 1 month later...

Although neat ideas, I'm afraid that Shantae isn't even close to Pokemon when it comes to hacking potential, even on GB, as when it comes to the hacking tools available for the game, where, with Pokemon, you can literally make whatever your heart desires if you have the knowledge. Fanfictions, however, might be the best outlet for your ideas tbh, to which I would suggest AO3. ^^

• 1 year later...