Creation Kit crashing incessently

Trykz

Anyone else having this issue with the CK?

It's been happening for quite some time, but today it's pretty much intolerable. For example: I'm adding over 120 custom eye textures to TCRA. I get about 5 to 10 or so finished, and then the CK suddenly *stops working*. I asked about this in the Bethesda CK forums a while back, but getting help with anything over there is like pulling teeth. I've installed and re-installed this thing a dozen times or more now. And I never had this issue before the most recent CK update.

/rant on

I really wish Beth would put some effort into stabilizing this POS, and making it at least somewhat more reliable. Better yet, give us the REAL tools you used to build this game, instead of some stripped down hunk of shit that constantly crashes.

/rant off

Trykz

To be honest there is not a lot you can really do. Sadly that is just the Creation Kit for you.

I don't recall older versions having this issue though. Or at least not nearly this bad. I mean, I could be doing nothing at all. Go out for a smoke, come back and the shit's crashed  :rolleyes: It's pretty ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind if it were a more rare occasion, but it seems that lately I can't work in it for more than 15 minutes or so without it crashing.......

oh well, least it's not just me I guess......

Trykz

i think this tool was made for 32bit pc with a fast patch to 64 and a second thing they will never give a real creation kit like the one they use      all because the moders will completely change the game as it is alredy done but just faster and easyer.

• 1 month later...

i think this tool was made for 32bit pc with a fast patch to 64 and a second thing they will never give a real creation kit like the one they use      all because the moders will completely change the game as it is alredy done but just faster and easyer.

I made an account here just to correct you. Bethesda is the most outstanding company ever because they encourage modding of the game. They even said when they released the creation kit that they love to see the completely different games people will make with thier tools. 32 (x86) bit is released because they want to allow as many people as possible to use it. These are the tools they used. Also 64 bit can run 32 bit just fine. It's just at a 32 bit's max, like 3 gigs of ram usage. I am COMPTIA A+ Certified so trust me when I know what I am talking about. As far as it crashing for me, I use windows 8 which seems to cause a lot of programs not to work. They may need to make a windows 8 patch.

Archived