Almost nothing lining up, ever (Severely missing the hole!)

I feel like I should be asking this on WebMD "Guys, I keep missing the hole!", but unfortunately all my Skyrim guys and gals are having this problem.

Are the animations just really buggy and misaligned? Granted not all my characters are of the same height, so things aren't going to work perfectly, but things are going wildly wrong. Most of the time, not only are the characters involved in sexual interaction feet away from each other, they're also rotated in completely different directions (making the align hotkeys useless most of the time), making the entire spectacle pretty silly. Doesn't matter if it's on the floor or in a bed, things just don't line up.

And then, once in a blue moon, they DO, so I don't know what's up. Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh, and also, sometimes my controlled character starts sliding at the start of the "sex", and then just keeps sliding in one direction. After this, I usually have to use the "tcl" console command to fix the collision detection which gets turned off somehow. It also seems like my character does a couple spins in place just before the "sex" starts.

Heh, I know the feel. :P I had the exact same problem, and I am reasonably certain that you need to change the load order of your mods to fix it. I suggest running only SexLab and one plugin of your choice from a clean save and see what happens. The actors will still have a strong tendency to not align properly but you should no longer experience the "falling through the floor" collision problem, and they SHOULD pair up. I wish I could tell you what I did to make it work, but I can't. I just changed something about the load order when I tested the plugins. Oh, and be sure to frequently update your animation framework through FNIS for Users!

I use BOSS to keep things in order... so I dunno. Maybe putting ZaZ animations higher up the list? Ironically, SexLab Defeat (a SexLab module that makes enemies rape you when you're almost dead sometimes, and you have a chance to escape after) almost ALWAYS lines up, but sex initiated via dialogue (I believe it's SexLab Romance, the one where you can say "Excuse me handsome" "I thought you'd be interested in some fun and games", etc) always result in nonsense.

Honestly though, I just set up SexLab (and FNIS and all that stuff) a couple days ago, so updates shouldn't be a problem. I'm really not sure what's up.

I have the same problem, surprisingly enough with the same mod, Sexlab Romance.  One thing I noticed is that I can't move my own character using the SexLab hot keys, but I can move the npc, so at least I can do that to make them line up.

Yeah... very, very seldom are the times where the adjust buttons work for me. Even then, my character is usually rotated in the wrong direction (sideways, backwards, etc), so adjustments mean very little.

It's annoying, because SexLab Defeat, what appears to be a much newer, buggier plugin, almost always lines up perfectly. SexLab Romance never lines up.

Last time I ran BOSS it listed all sexlab stuff as unknown which means it just dumped it all at the bottom of the load order.

I don't think mine did that, but I've tried a couple setups with no luck. Something's up with SexLab Romance I think... :\

• 8 months later...

I don't have Sexlab Romance, but I'm having the exact same issue. It's driving me nuts! I'll press the realign hotkey and for a split second they're normal, then my toon spins around and sometimes slides several feet away. I'm using aroused, spouses enchanced, and SOS.

Go into the SL menu and look at the hotkeys. For example, [L] is to move the selected closer and [sHIFT]+[L] moves them farther away....and so on. Just use those keys to align the actors and it should remember those alignments afterward, as long as you don't use the hotkey that resets them. So over time it will get better.

Archived