Dialog Issue (Minor) In LAPF Supplement

I haven't tried to follow these backwards to get the entire order of progression, but hopefully those of you more familiar with the Slaver's scripts can make use of this info.

Before Ducky started improving the dialogue system, when a slave was broken, they would say “I Yield” and it would display at the bottom center. When I first started using these mods years ago, it would come up in anglicized Japanese. Don’t remember who finally found and fixed it, but after updating all my mods, sometimes the anglicized version would appear, instead of the newer text in the upper left hand corner of the screen. After extracting all the scripts in the LoversPK.esm, esp, and several Slave mods with Wryebash and going thru them, I finally found the culprit.

The Dialog in the following esp, part of the LP Supplement has two dialog responses that I found were still in Japanese.

I changed these to:

Female - “I Yield. Please fuck me again.”

Male - “I Yield. Let me fuck you again.”

And testing was successful.

The dialog is found in: LoversRapeSlave.esp Dialog Topic

Form ID - xLoversSlaveDone “xLoversSlaveDone” (DIAL:02003D98)

Editor ID - xLoversSlaveDone

QSTI - Quest - LoversRapeSlaveQuest “xLoversRapeSlaveQuest” (QUST:02000CE6)

Edited by Melamkish
  • Melamkish changed the title to Dialog Issue (Minor) In LAPF Supplement

There's quite a few LAPF mods that have traces of Japanese to this day.  The LoversVoiceSSP mod still has some 'garbage' which is incorrectly converted Japanese text.  It appears you ran into the same issue with the Lovers mod,  LoversRapeSlave.

Did you take the Japanese text and use an online translator?  It took me a while converting all the Japanese comments within the various scripts into English.  I certainly don't envy Ashal and company for translating the 2000+ lines of Japanese in LoversVoice.

If you have 'garbage' text... it's likely Japanese.    Make a blank HTML page.  Then 'edit' the HTML page (Hopefully with an Edit Page) option.  Past the 'garbage' into the HTML page and refresh.  Once it is visible, change your Browser's Encoding style from Unicode to SHIFT-JIS, and the text converts back into straight up legible Japanese script.  NOW you got something to paste into an online browser.

Yeah, that technique works, but took me forever for lengthy coded mods.

Edited by LongDukDong

No, as I mentioned, I remembered the issue from years ago. Just took a little time in TES4 Edit to find it, and that is where I changed the text.

And so far that is the only one I have found during game play, but while in the CS, I accidentally made either MB2 or Setbody a master while working on my mod and in game the warning came up in Japanese that a file was missing.  Haven't looked for that yet.

And good tip about Encoding style checking!